RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

new racing manager for metro.

As expected, despite great candidates, Greg Oconnor returns fulltime as Racing Manager from next week.From afar he seems a likable, knowledgable,experienced person. He will no doubt push the Metro Club forward and provide us with good insight into Racing at Addington.. congrats to him.😋

35 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You are an optimist John. Didn’t do much last time he was there, but might have learned something since then. He’d need to....

Agreed, Greg looks after himself first and foremost. Novice work by NZMTC to hire him IMHO cos the only outcome will be negative in the long term

Greg

2 hours ago, john legend said:

As expected, despite great candidates, Greg Oconnor returns fulltime as Racing Manager from next week.From afar he seems a likable, knowledgable,experienced person. He will no doubt push the Metro Club forward and provide us with good insight into Racing at Addington.. congrats to him.😋

I don't really know these personalities at all, but I am interested to hear what makes you say "He will no doubt push the Metro Club forward".

22 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

You are an optimist John. Didn’t do much last time he was there, but might have learned something since then. He’d need to....

That’s a bit of a cheap shot Ohokaman and I thought that you weren’t the type to stoop to this level

You know you were doing the same job at ATC as Greg was doing at NZMTC at about the same time, so to take a pot shot over a decade later is a bit juvenile

I thought you were better than that

Mikie

7 minutes ago, Mikie said:

That’s a bit of a cheap shot Ohokaman and I thought that you weren’t the type to stoop to this level

You know you were doing the same job at ATC as Greg was doing at NZMTC at about the same time, so to take a pot shot over a decade later is a bit juvenile

I thought you were better than that

Mikie

Yes and we were doing a hell of a lot better than they were...go figure. They used to call us wanting to know what we were doing. ATC were the first club to promote major carnivals on Trackside...the results were spectacular. No wonder they wanted to know.....🙄

Not a cheap shot at all, Greg has done well at Trackside, interviewing etc but if you are expecting major changes you might be disappointed.

So they called you in an effort to better themselves?

Wouldn’t you call that proactive?

Bagging someone for something that (you perceive) happened over a decade ago is getting ridiculous

And anyway, regardless of how good the ATC was a decade ago, their present position means they have zip credence atm

Mikie

On 7/15/2020 at 4:54 PM, Mikie said:

So they called you in an effort to better themselves?

Wouldn’t you call that proactive?

Bagging someone for something that (you perceive) happened over a decade ago is getting ridiculous

And anyway, regardless of how good the ATC was a decade ago, their present position means they have zip credence atm

Mikie

Mikie whoever you are. You know nothing of the history, what we did or what they did or did not do.  Don’t pontificate on here.

58 minutes ago, Stables said:

I agree Ohokaman, as for ATC, I think they would have been better sticking to their knitting. Perhaps a few bad decisions made at board level?

Certainly gone down hill over the last 10-15 years or so Stables, and that is really disappointing to anyone that has been there before. 
Put that down to having the wrong people in the main positions,  and/or not having the right people in the important positions. When you don’t have continuity in some of these roles, all the progress and good work can go out the window very quickly if you don’t know what you are doing.

The real estate venture probably looked like easy money at face value, but there were hooks galore in that development and they did not have the commercial expertise to navigate that minefield. We all hope things work out in the end, but it’s not looking good right now.

On 7/15/2020 at 5:44 PM, Ohokaman said:

Mikie whoever you are. You know nothing of the history, what we did or what they did or did not do.  Don’t pontificate on here.

That would be 100% wrong

i know the history

I know what “you” did and what “they” did

You have  some sort of grudge with NZMTC and with HRNZ past CEO

Telling someone to fuck off as you hide behind your keyboard is so brave of you

I’d bet $100 you’re too gutless to front up without your screen in front of you

I don’t hide like you

Mike

2 Nottinghill Drive

Blenheim

Mikie

8 minutes ago, Stables said:

Calm down gents, this is getting a bit too edgy. It's only chat site after all.

Wasn’t it you that said that there was no need for foul language?

Being told to fuck off would qualify wouldn’t it?

Go back to your sandpit while we wait for the gutless wonder to throw more abuse from behind his keyboard. I’m more than happy to tell him to his face, that’s the difference

14 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

To be fair, I have enjoyed Mikie's contribution since he has been on here.

Aw shucks

I have tried to be more amenable but when you're told to fark off by a chicken shit you get a tad angry

Mikie

Mike, your comments can be rather caustic at times and they evoke angry responses. I  object to being told to go back to the sandpit, how patronising is that. It's you two boys throwing mud in each others face unnecesarily thats bringing the tone of the conversation down several notches. I'm sure you've heard much worse language in your time Mike

I told you to go back to your sandpit, ergo don’t tell me that I can’t respond to someone telling me to fuckoff

If that’s patronising and you are upset that’s just tough. It was my polite way of telling you to xxx xxx

I can’t see where any of my posts on this thread were caustic, it’s common knowledge that the Dick head thinks he was the greatest employee in the history of harness racing  and that he’s got a grudge as previously posted by me

As for you, why don’t you try actually answering queries that are directed at you following statements you make?

You always dodge the questions or throw another comment in

Mikie

5 hours ago, Mikie said:

I told you to go back to your sandpit, ergo don’t tell me that I can’t respond to someone telling me to fuckoff

If that’s patronising and you are upset that’s just tough. It was my polite way of telling you to xxx xxx

I can’t see where any of my posts on this thread were caustic, it’s common knowledge that the Dick head thinks he was the greatest employee in the history of harness racing  and that he’s got a grudge as previously posted by me

As for you, why don’t you try actually answering queries that are directed at you following statements you make?

You always dodge the questions or throw another comment in

Mikie

The only one being a dick head is you, mighty know all apparently.

A grudge against the CEO ??  Edward was a good bloke from my dealings with him. Didn’t agree with some of his decisions but that’s life.

5 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

The only one being a dick head is you, mighty know all apparently.

A grudge against the CEO ??  Edward was a good bloke from my dealings with him. Didn’t agree with some of his decisions but that’s life.

So questioning your post makes one a know it all?

Pot calling kettle black you gutless wonder

Mikie

11 hours ago, Stables said:

Mike, your comments can be rather caustic at times and they evoke angry responses. I  object to being told to go back to the sandpit, how patronising is that. It's you two boys throwing mud in each others face unnecesarily thats bringing the tone of the conversation down several notches. I'm sure you've heard much worse language in your time Mike

You and a few others on here should just do what i did a month ago , use the block function so you dont have to read his posts.

Greg