RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scoobysnacks

Improved TAB site?

I've just created a new job... TOTE FORENSICS EXPERT.

According to WA Tote who commingle with us the tote closed at 16:47:11.

We seem to close 11 seconds after WA. Why I don't know.

Now according to our tote movers at 16:46:50 The Kroc was paying $34.80. That gives a window of opportunity of 21 seconds for someone to place a bet on The Kroc. It would mean the largest betting of any horse in that period was easily The Kroc. Yet this was the outsider in the field with no push from TV presenters. From memory the race started pretty much on time which was supposed to be 16:45:00.  At 16:47:00 the horse led by 10 lengths.   GO FIGURE.

5 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

I've just created a new job... TOTE FORENSICS EXPERT.

According to WA Tote who commingle with us the tote closed at 16:47:11.

We seem to close 11 seconds after WA. Why I don't know.

Now according to our tote movers at 16:46:50 The Kroc was paying $34.80. That gives a window of opportunity of 21 seconds for someone to place a bet on The Kroc. It would mean the largest betting of any horse in that period was easily The Kroc. Yet this was the outsider in the field with no push from TV presenters. From memory the race started pretty much on time which was supposed to be 16:45:00.  At 16:47:00 the horse led by 10 lengths.   GO FIGURE.

Yeah got to be the race closed too late and someone managed to get a decent bet on a foregone conclusion. 11 seconds is a decent lag-races get closed by Aus unless the links in the 1980s background system they never upgraded drop out. Could be that or the whole system just running too slow. And they still can't see where they went wrong. 

1 hour ago, Dissident said:

Yeah got to be the race closed too late and someone managed to get a decent bet on a foregone conclusion. 11 seconds is a decent lag-races get closed by Aus unless the links in the 1980s background system they never upgraded drop out. Could be that or the whole system just running too slow. And they still can't see where they went wrong. 

Going back a dozen years or so I smelt out the great Wanganui Greyhound turnover scam and got roundly condemned for being conspirationist. Well a few months later was proved right as the instigators went for the high jump. I like to think I can sniff out a scam. An example being late night greyhound races although just as an experiment have been able to get bets on after the finish. These greyhound races have a pattern. Invariably when a greyhound gets a flyer the odds tumble on payout. This may be good punting but it just happens too often to be a coincidence. If commingled TAB's don't close in unison it's a recipe for foul play. Call it a sixth sense but there is something going on.

3 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

So you think the tote betting and the fixed odds betting on a race get shut at different times?

Normally close together however when I got  late bets on only the tote remained open. When it comes to betting scams the Aussie's have a monopoly on the encyclopedia. The thread anyway nothing to do with bookie betting. Looking at the reasons for the late,late tote flucs. Although bookie's unloading on to the tote a possibility. If they are able to do so after or at the point of close a concern.

3 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Normally close together however when I got  late bets on only the tote remained open. When it comes to betting scams the Aussie's have a monopoly on the encyclopedia. The thread anyway nothing to do with bookie betting. Looking at the reasons for the late,late tote flucs. Although bookie's unloading on to the tote a possibility. If they are able to do so after or at the point of close a concern.

You are unable to comprehend why I asked that question. If the race was still open after the jump you'd bet fixed odds so your price wouldn't drop like you seem to think it does on the tote. The truth is both close at the same time. There isn't any skulduggery like you arw trying to imply.

1 hour ago, SMD is rife said:

You are unable to comprehend why I asked that question. If the race was still open after the jump you'd bet fixed odds so your price wouldn't drop like you seem to think it does on the tote. The truth is both close at the same time. There isn't any skulduggery like you arw trying to imply.

I understand both close at the same time ....normally. When I previously bet knowing the result bear in mind it was just curiosity sake i.e.(was prepared to refund the gain) the tote was open but fixed odds closed. Not saying that happened with The Krocs race. You must realize there are other TAB's than NZ with commingling.. 

THe facts are with reasonable likelihood someone placed a bet on The Kroc when it was leading by 10 lengths and took away approx 30% of the pool.