RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scoobysnacks

Improved TAB site?

They have put some colour into some of the headings and moved a few things around but it is still the same old dog.  But they have managed to get rid of one of the only good things that used to give us soldiers any leverage in a race ,they have taken the WIN MOVES away .Cheers BH

I had given up as I like to use an iPad while watching the racing on TV. But sure as anything at some point I would get the "white screen of death", a top taskbar and nothing else on the mobile app.
Usually just before I went to place a winning bet, as is Murphy's 4th law on betting.
I did convey this to their Support people but they suggested I use Chrome browser. I could have got more help from my young niece!. But got the same result. Re-installs, clearing caches, I went the whole mile. Probably out of technical curiosity than anything, couple d with a stubborn streak.. I opened up a Bet365 account and it worked faultlessly. The only thing it doesn't have that I liked on the TAB site was the Trifecta Running bet. So I have tinkered occasionally with my TAB account.

Anyway I thing I have finally tracked down the villain in this app... the location services. You know that stupid check that I am in New Zealand and not some damn overseas person trying desperately to use their service (must be desperate or an ex-pat). Each time I installed it it would ask if I wanted to allow it use the location service: Never/Only this once/Always, and I always chose "Always" as you would. But now I installed and chose "Only this once" and although it has "white screened" twice, it always recovers by restarting the app, where it wouldn't before.
I can not understand why anyone would agree this this restraint of trade by limiting the site to NZ only but with NZ Racing management I guess that just adds to the long list of idiotic decisions.
With no free to Air TV, No radio, shutting down of the local TABs, you would have thought making a user friendly, available to everyone, website would have been the prime objective?? But no.

21 hours ago, Guinness said:

You cant make a silk purse from a pigs ear. Way worse because I like to look at pending bets and results which this platform no longer provides. And someone still paying 17 mil per year for this crap???

There should be a small task bar bottom left with all the Pending/ result options

On 7/14/2020 at 8:34 AM, NextPlease said:

Somehow, in my opinion, the TAB updates have made the horrible site even worse.

It's slower to load overall, and the Elite section doesn't load. The TAB should stick to making the product better - having live score updates accurate, competitive odds, better markets.

Don't change the scenery and hope all is well.

Huge improvement can actually see things now .

This is everything that is wrong with the TAB... You see the odds for Hapoel Galil Gilboa? $1.77 in the head-to-head section. However, when you put that selection into your bet slip, the bet is changed to fourth quarter. An unsuspecting and casual punter might not pick up that it was fourth quarter only, because the TAB doesn't advertise as such.

It's beyond incompetent and is advertising a false price. The TAB says "Yes, but you should always check your selections once they're in the betslip"... sure, but should we always be checking in case the TAB has displayed an incorrect market?

image.thumb.png.eefb62c15705344b820fcd173c5dc82b.png

Improved or worse than before my betting seems the same,I won a bet with a bonus a week or two ago as I'm not giving the tab any money 4 now and anyway I started out well then boom it all turned to shit today ,soccer players must have been having a day off ,horses as well so all in all no improvement on website at all lol,it ain't meant to be easy,

Yes after 2 race days betting I would say slower navigating around from home page, ok once on the race meeting itself. No good then if you were trying to navigate between meetings. Colour contrast is better making for clearer viewing. Don't like the smaller screen when trying to place bets(using phone), nor the couple of additional clicks required to navigate around to see bets. Scrolling down the page with the form showing doesn't seem to be fluid anymore, which is quite annoying. The positive: I managed somehow (I think the smaller window when betting) to place the same bet twice, and it just happened to be a winner

New experience at my local TAB today. Tried to get a quaddie bet on Races 1-4 at the Gold Coast meeting. Kept coming up pool closed an hour before Race 1 was run. Helpful staff ran Helpline. They didn’t know why the bet wasn’t being accepted and said they would ring back. Predictably they didn’t. Seems like the TAB didn’t want my modest investment. Odd that the TAB want to increase turnover but wouldn’t accept this bet. 

37 minutes ago, gubellini said:

New experience at my local TAB today. Tried to get a quaddie bet on Races 1-4 at the Gold Coast meeting. Kept coming up pool closed an hour before Race 1 was run. Helpful staff ran Helpline. They didn’t know why the bet wasn’t being accepted and said they would ring back. Predictably they didn’t. Seems like the TAB didn’t want my modest investment. Odd that the TAB want to increase turnover but wouldn’t accept this bet. 

Would it have or did it win.

Quaddie was listed on Races 1-4 on the TAB sheet. Only 8 races at the Gold Coast. Yes I would have got the quaddie. Took a treble on races 2-4 and got that instead. Puzzling that they listed a quaddie and didn’t allow betting on it. Has anyone else experienced this?

29 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Quaddie was listed on Races 1-4 on the TAB sheet. Only 8 races at the Gold Coast. Yes I would have got the quaddie. Took a treble on races 2-4 and got that instead. Puzzling that they listed a quaddie and didn’t allow betting on it. Has anyone else experienced this?

The pool size on your Treble was $142.

Glad I got their fixed odds on regent street, 81s an 17s thought must have been the dodgy site playing up, I took it with both hands, good to get a couple in a row after mannies power last weekend 

Did notice on Saturday one horse at Hawera was paying 16 then just on jump drops to 11, looks like they holding back win movers that are playing againist the favourites so punters will play them more thinking  they will end up with better return.  Certainly helps turnover

On 8/8/2020 at 7:34 PM, gubellini said:

I wonder if it was removed after scratchings due to the size of the fields? Just I see r1 ended up being a 3 horse race and r2 a 4 horse race? 

20 hours ago, Crow said:

Did notice on Saturday one horse at Hawera was paying 16 then just on jump drops to 11, looks like they holding back win movers that are playing againist the favourites so punters will play them more thinking  they will end up with better return.  Certainly helps turnover

You really think with all the issues people are reporting that they would bother doing that? wow

22 hours ago, Crow said:

THey obviously don't want to put extra stress on system whereas the previous system was capable of refreshing every few seconds just before close.

Today at Port Macquarie due to the heavy track I was keen on a BullBars horse called THe Kroc. At close and jump it was paying $38.00 on the tote. A few seconds later the final refresh came through and still paying $38.00.  This horse went out to a 10 length lead travelling well with 800m to run. Then lo and behold The Kroc and only The Kroc's price changes from $38 to $23.00   Pool size approx $25,000. THe strange thing being the place price never changed. Conclusion there was one and only one win bet placed on The Kroc half way during the race. Given the TV delay perhaps even closer to the finish.