RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Radio trackside

The TAB is slowly succeeding in turning me off gambling..... website debacle,  machines on course and at pubs not being fit for purpose, no newspaper coverage, fiasco of form guides being published etc.

But the absence of trackside radio has become an annoyance.  A few times in the last week I have gone to listen to a race while out and about in the car etc and then remembered. I do miss the Saturday morning 8am show which set up the thinking for the day (the TV offering is 24 hours old, pre scratchings and with variable track conditions often a joke ... as are the selections).

Oncourse at Riccarton Saturday I spoke to several people who felt the same way.

It just feels like they would prefer to shut up shop ........

(and please no responses saying I am old fashioned etc etc etc - I do 90% of my punting on the phone or computer, and it used to be at a significant level  - yes I can source info online etc )

Totally agree. They turned me off - literally. They offered me a $30 Bonus Bet if I deposited $50 (plus their $2.15 fee) to my account. I had a winner at Wanganui coming up so thought why not. Despite numerous attempts I was unable to deposit any money and home came my horse without my money on it - at 10 to 1. God loves a trier so I kept on trying but then found I was locked out (so couldn't even watch trackside over the weekend on my desk top). Anyway I put through a request for Password reset thinking this will fix it - Log in failed, your account is locked. Please select the 'Forgotten Username or Password' link and reset your password.   After doing this it still failed to let me in. Now this morning,  I can now reset my password and open my account - a bit too late TAB. Literally my horse has bolted into the winners circle without me on it, and my funds have bolted overseas

1 hour ago, Fredd002 said:

Maybe someone in IT arrived this morning and fixed the (my) problem because, I did send them a couple of terse emails over the weekend about it

Do they respond to terse emails? I sent a couple of terse emails to my bank once and they responded immediately, couldn't do enough for me. Sent a couple of terse emails to the TAB and basically got told to fuck off.

1 hour ago, Patiti said:

Puzzled why it works this morning and not at the weekend??????????????

My freebet wouldn't load on desktop saturday,did on phone ,,next day everything normal ,so many puzzling issues with website.

2 hours ago, Fredd002 said:

Totally agree. They turned me off - literally. They offered me a $30 Bonus Bet if I deposited $50 (plus their $2.15 fee) to my account. I had a winner at Wanganui coming up so thought why not. Despite numerous attempts I was unable to deposit any money and home came my horse without my money on it - at 10 to 1. God loves a trier so I kept on trying but then found I was locked out (so couldn't even watch trackside over the weekend on my desk top). Anyway I put through a request for Password reset thinking this will fix it - Log in failed, your account is locked. Please select the 'Forgotten Username or Password' link and reset your password.   After doing this it still failed to let me in. Now this morning,  I can now reset my password and open my account - a bit too late TAB. Literally my horse has bolted into the winners circle without me on it, and my funds have bolted overseas

My card wont deposit,well I didn't months ago when I last tried,I now just do transfer,works fine,I ain't deposited money for 3 or 4 months,only betting there now coz a free bonus bet won on saturday.

WD - no response from them but this is typical of any coy with no CS focus. The access problem has been solved but I haven't tried to deposit money from my card yet .  

Sector groups not happy about this. Requesting costing of what went before. And a viable lower cost plan of what is possible in the future.

There are advertising and sponsorship possibilities. Owners Fed say worst affected are drivers of trucks and tractors. Thats where complaints are coming from.

44 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Sector groups not happy about this. Requesting costing of what went before. And a viable lower cost plan of what is possible in the future.

There are advertising and sponsorship possibilities. Owners Fed say worst affected are drivers of trucks and tractors. Thats where complaints are coming from.

Totally agree.  I am a truck driver (old truck) and miss it.

Totally agree Chelseacol,

They have lost their way, slashed and burned and ditched most of the ingredients we needed. Just amazing. 

Lower floors have had significant staff cuts yet upstairs remains. 

The achilles heal is the wiz bang computor. There will be no advances until that item is resolved, time will not be its saviour just increased costs digging a bigger hole

All very sad

This single decision encapsulates the total lack of understanding of the product and the customer , it says all there is to say regarding the capabilities of those charged with administering the NZ racing industry . 

I think there will be some form of backflip on this decision , but any savvy business would never have done it in the first place . 

Dean out of his depth and the rest of the leadership team muppets.

Their cuts are just anything that can be cut with no idea of the loss caused by the cuts.

Meant to be a genarational change forward not a leap back to the fifties.