RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mike28

winsurance new bet type

what does everyone think i think its not bad had a little fiddle with it today a good idea the odds on offer were reasonable aswell hope it stays that way doubt it will though

With the money back for 2nd or 3rd option, I found in many cases today that you got a better effective price by combining a final field place bet and a final field win bet, rather than taking the Winsurance bet.

15 hours ago, Kloppite said:

With the money back for 2nd or 3rd option, I found in many cases today that you got a better effective price by combining a final field place bet and a final field win bet, rather than taking the Winsurance bet.

Maybe so but its a convenience type bet. I took several such bets and will work out the pro's/cons.

However its worth noting that in the TAB's quest to emulate the overseas bookies with promotions they miss one vital point. The bookies there don't have tote betting therefore they are competing against the tote. I can't see the point of competing here in NZ against the tote unless you are trying to wean people off racing and onto sport.

3 bets today at addington,2 wins ,one last,sure the odds are a bit less depending on which option you take but that's the way it is,the odds for a win can be whatever you like but if it runs second and you don't have the insurance you will get nought back at all.

I stated a while back I wouldn't bet on the tab again but as they give me a bonus bet that won I'm still there so I'm betting on my bonus win.

It's just another gimmick type bet,in reality they all are,sure the odds ain't as good as the full market but if you run 2 3 or 4 well you get another shot,one would wonder though if the tab are giving  back a lot of money  if it's good from their end.

Who cares anyway I actually got that winner of the last at Hawkesbury,the horse was a bit of a dog but won so probably lucky to get anything back in reality.

2 hours ago, NextPlease said:

It's an awful concept for punters. If you're serious about making a profit, you would simply back your runner to place, instead of taking much shorter odds and only getting your money back if beaten.

It makes no sense to bet into the Winsurance market and only mug punters will be attracted.

I would like to know the formula the odds setters use. The big factor would be if there is an odds on favourite in the race. If there is then say a 20:1 outsider has far better chance running 2nd than 1st whereas if a $5 favourite the chance of running 2nd not much different to the win odds.

Maybe there is a chink in the system us punters could latch on.

As for TAB it just means less turnover in that only one bet placed instead of each way. Another own goal for TAB.

20 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

As for TAB it just means less turnover in that only one bet placed instead of each way. Another own goal for TAB.

Oh dear, hardly an own goal from them.

For them its like Xmas every bet placed.

18 minutes ago, barryb said:

Oh dear, hardly an own goal from them.

For them its like Xmas every bet placed.

I know what you are saying Barry but still a bit of a mind teaser.

Race 1 Tamworth. Odds on fav. plus 3 horses less than $10 then gap to rest. 8 starters.

So there are three horses outside fav good chance running top 4. The fourth fav priced at $4.20 (WinInsurance top 4).  Betting on it there is high chance of it running top 4 so perhaps worth the gamble.