RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dingle

CHCH Noms not left open

so two races less = 32 horses less??

32 more stalls available plus 12 resurrected areas (according to their notes) so hopefully plenty of tie ups..

Thought the best outcome was for full fields

It’s pathetic  They have 187 noms less a few doubles max field sizes for 9 races would be 134 so that’s another 40+ that will miss out if they don’t divide any races. Obviously they don’t want to repeat the first days turnover Well in excess of $2million Hell in NZ we don’t want to run racing successfully the hierarchy have been proving this for years
34 - 2 and 3 years olds nominated could have run 2   SWP races but no not one !!!!! Tossers

5 minutes ago, uneasy said:

It’s pathetic  They have 187 noms less a few doubles max field sizes for 9 races would be 134 so that’s another 40+ that will miss out if they don’t divide any races. Obviously they don’t want to repeat the first days turnover Well in excess of $2million Hell in NZ we don’t want to run racing successfully the hierarchy have been proving this for years
34 - 2 and 3 years olds nominated could have run 2   SWP races but no not one !!!!! Tossers

Surely they will split at least one race. It really is time the trainers stood up for themselves, no one else seems capable of doing anything. There is absolutely no imagination or leadership in SI  racing. There is so much potential for racing in the South, but it is so poorly run.

You get stifled at every opportunity-there is leadership by dictatorship I spoke to Langan, Mills, Aldridge and co and was told that the club chose not to run a 2 and 3 yr old event. Jim Langan didn’t realise there were so many (34) available FFS
The open 1200 has to be split those eliminated from the 1400 and 1000m would then have the option to revert to the 1200 Thats how I would do it but I’m only an annoying horse trainer with some commonsense

20 minutes ago, uneasy said:

You get stifled at every opportunity-there is leadership by dictatorship I spoke to Langan, Mills, Aldridge and co and was told that the club chose not to run a 2 and 3 yr old event. Jim Langan didn’t realise there were so many (34) available FFS
The open 1200 has to be split those eliminated from the 1400 and 1000m would then have the option to revert to the 1200 Thats how I would do it but I’m only an annoying horse trainer with some commonsense

At a time when the powers that be are trying to close down all of the small innovative clubs and pour all of the resources into a chosen few, the lack of leadership and imagination shown by the chosen few is very disappointing; but sadly not at all surprising. 

You do wonder after all the effort that has been put into eliminating so many smaller clubs whether rita and NZTR have given the bigger clubs the message that they really have to lift their game and they can't expect to just have everything handed to them on a plate.

Can anyone name the last innovative race the CJC has initiated? What is Canterbury's equivalent of the Everest? As far as I can recall, the last four or five feature races the CJC has added to their schedule have all been inherited from other clubs.

NZ race club and head office administration has been stuck in " Amateur Hour " for so long now it's become embarrassing . You only have to look at the back flips being made by NZTR/RITA to see they are just clutching at straws as to what to do to make effective change for the better and the long term .

It appears they don't really know what to do about making a better future for NZ racing so are falling back into default mode and continuing to do the same old , same old . It all just seams too hard for them to come up with a cohesive plan to move NZ racing forward and " Great Again " .

I personally would be happy if they could just come up with something sustainable , so that i and many others i know could confidently re enter the world ownership .

2 hours ago, nomates said:

NZ race club and head office administration has been stuck in " Amateur Hour " for so long now it's become embarrassing . You only have to look at the back flips being made by NZTR/RITA to see they are just clutching at straws as to what to do to make effective change for the better and the long term .

It appears they don't really know what to do about making a better future for NZ racing so are falling back into default mode and continuing to do the same old , same old . It all just seams too hard for them to come up with a cohesive plan to move NZ racing forward and " Great Again " .

I personally would be happy if they could just come up with something sustainable , so that i and many others i know could confidently re enter the world ownership .

What does this even mean? What has it got to do with nominations at Riccarton or even nominations in general? Please give an example, so that we can have some meaningful discussion. Without that, we would all just be clutching at straws as well.

I can think of a couple of possible examples of a backflip that you *might* mean. RITA said no tote operators at all to begin with and then decided to bring a few back, because everyone got (correctly) mad about it. Is that a backflip - or is it listening to it's audience? Yes I'm aware that if they had looked in the first place that they wouldn't have tried to get rid of them, but would people rather have tote operators now or have RITA show that it is 'strong and independent' by sticking to its word, and have none?

In addition, every time one of those organisations even tries to make a plan for the future, and change something, it gets ripped apart by many. It is quite difficult to come up with a fully cohesive plan - racing has so many stakeholders that range from the people implicitly involved all the way to the public that is almost impossible to satisfy everyone. Even on this forum there are examples of this. Everyone here wants a better future for racing. But a lot of people here also disagree on many issues, such as Avondale, small clubs, best ways to produce racing media, etc. This isn't to say either NZTR or RITA are doing a good job, but it is to say that doing a great one isn't simple.

I agree that racing here needs a direction to improve :) But being equally vague is at best not that useful, and at worst, being somewhat contridictive. 

3 minutes ago, soliloquy said:

What does this even mean? What has it got to do with nominations at Riccarton or even nominations in general? Please give an example, so that we can have some meaningful discussion. Without that, we would all just be clutching at straws as well.

I can think of a couple of possible examples of a backflip that you *might* mean. RITA said no tote operators at all to begin with and then decided to bring a few back, because everyone got (correctly) mad about it. Is that a backflip - or is it listening to it's audience? Yes I'm aware that if they had looked in the first place that they wouldn't have tried to get rid of them, but would people rather have tote operators now or have RITA show that it is 'strong and independent' by sticking to its word, and have none?

In addition, every time one of those organisations even tries to make a plan for the future, and change something, it gets ripped apart by many. It is quite difficult to come up with a fully cohesive plan - racing has so many stakeholders that range from the people implicitly involved all the way to the public that is almost impossible to satisfy everyone. Even on this forum there are examples of this. Everyone here wants a better future for racing. But a lot of people here also disagree on many issues, such as Avondale, small clubs, best ways to produce racing media, etc. This isn't to say either NZTR or RITA are doing a good job, but it is to say that doing a great one isn't simple.

I agree that racing here needs a direction to improve :) But being equally vague is at best not that useful, and at worst, being somewhat contridictive. 

We do occasionally have thread drifts on here Soliloquy; this one is no worse than many. What Nomates, and Uneasy before him, were referring to was an inflexibility with programmes; something I have often been critical of as well. It is a subject that doesn't interest a lot of people, but it is one that often indicates the lack of imagination in the industry.

3 hours ago, soliloquy said:

Well Soliloquy , not sure if you are a regular or not , so not sure if you read most threads and therefor are conversant with the raft of decisions made regarding the industry . i'll assume not otherwise you would have seen the raft of decisions made by RITA/NZTR regarding the racing industry , all basically dropped over a week , i hope they took longer than that to come up with them , they were ,

- Race dates dropped , and some clubs given none , this included harness .

- Commentators , in the north island G Simon and A White to do all gallops, harness , greyhounds . The rest let go .

- Studio and on course presenters , on course presenters gone except 20 premium meetings per year , 1 in studio presenter the rest of the time .

-Newspaper liftouts and Raceform finished . 

- No in running commentaries for form lines to be discontinued . 

- Removal of tote operators and replaced with self serve machines .

Probably a couple of others if i searched , but these are the ones off the top of my head that for you i will call reversal of decisions . That is what the definition of a backflip is .

- Race dates , Avondale reinstated with 5 days , as well some southern clubs that had lost dates . BACKFLIP . Harness was even bigger .

- Commentators , T Lee still working , probably will end up staying on , whilst not a genuine BACKFLIP , the fact that other commentators are still working shows that 2 commentators was never workable . So in my book they haven't held their line so , BACKFLIP .

- Studio and on course presenters , so far haven't seen a Saturday with less than 2 presenters , actually had three last Saturday for 2 meetings . BACKFLIP .

- In running commentaries , now reinstated going forward . BACKFLIP .

- Newspaper and Raceform  , well Raceform back , how much of that due to the above form being available , how long till some form of newspaper coverage ? My monies on something happening there also . I'll give you this one , at the moment .

- Removal of tote operators , well you've covered that one yourself , but , BACKFLIP .

So we have a couple , but my point is these were decisions obviously made with very little thought or plan , by people who simply don't understand their product , or clients and participants , with no consultation process to help make an informed decision . You simply don't make this many changes that you have to then BACKFLIP on , even partially , if you have a well informed , well thought out and cohesive plan . Not just grasping at straws .

As for the noms situation you only have to look at the number of OWNERS whose horse have missed getting a start when nominated , at all meetings since the resumption . Even this week's meetings , look at the number that have missed a run along with the number of ballots that are going to miss out . I use owners missing a run as they are the ones footing the bill , the horses are ambivalent .

Finally as to your final paragraph regarding our organizations putting out plans but they get pulled apart by different , possibly self interested parties , i'm not going to argue with some disagreement within codes , but please if you know where the current plan for the future can be found would you please let me know , actually if you can show me any plan , and i mean a cohesive , intelligent , well thought out consultative plan for going forward and growing from any time in recent history i would be grateful . Until they come up with even a short term plan they leave themselves open for the criticism they receive . Cheers .