RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tony

Not from an episode of Faulty Towers

46 minutes ago, puha said:

After a few years experience sampling the owners treatment my top 5 Wairoa, New Plymouth ,Tauranga ,Te Teko, and Tauherenikau.  

My horses have raced at Ellerslie,Riccarton,Trentham,Awapuni,Ashburton,New Plymouth,Tauherenikau,Otaki,Te Rapa,Gisborne,Woodville,Hawera,Waipukurau,Wanganui,Feilding,Waverley,Wairoa,Blenheim and Hastings.

My top 6 would be Tauherenikau,Gisborne,Waipukurau,Waverley,Wairoa,Blenheim with a special mention to Awapuni's specially dedicated all day access Wellfield Lodge/NZ Racing owners room  for anyone who has a horse racing that day where you get a dedicated tote operator,free tea and coffee,subsidised bar and buffet meal,numerous leather couches,window leaners and stools,ample tables and chairs and plenty of TV's etc.

This owners room should be replicated on all NZ race tracks.

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

I find your comments re Trentham a bit strange Huey.

There is a large hospitality room in the birdcage where all owners are invited in to have a drink (and food) following the race. Makes for good atmosphere when presenting to winning connections also.

Did you read what I wrote Ted? That might help you de perplex yourself. 

2 hours ago, puha said:

After a few years experience sampling the owners treatment my top 5 Wairoa, New Plymouth ,Tauranga ,Te Teko, and Tauherenikau.  

Any correlation between hospitality and winning? 

6 hours ago, Huey said:

Haha usually !

Nelson TC my fav - I had my first winner there (paying $78). I was in a state of shock and they let me stay in the presentation room the rest of the afternoon drinking straight gin (had a tote window too where I collected ;) )

Tauherenikau outstanding. We won the first race and spent the day drinking on them 

Shout out to Riccarton - after Jack Frost wins they were swamped with dozens of winning owners ... I can remember drinks being passed out the door to the waiting line who couldn't get in the room.

Happy Days

7 hours ago, Huey said:

No comments are made on general treatment of owners before raceday and on the day . Haven’t won at Te Teko  any no chance know .Ive found the hospitality the night before the races at Tauranga and New Plymouth fantastic probably shouldn’t leave Rotorua out of that either. Decided not to mention the opposite end of the scale as there’s been enough doom n gloom . Just glad we are back racing to be honest .

Don't get to many big dividends at Nelson, hopefully the state of shock, wasn't due to your lack of tote support, either that or you needed the wheelbarrow at the back of the tote, haven't been to to many Nelson trot meetings, but do remember a local trotter up there paying a big dividend, was some years back and I don't think it won another race.

11 hours ago, puha said:

Went to Te Teko on a very hot 30 December day. Was over 35 degrees. Went to pre drinks and since it was so hot could not get a non alcoholic drink.  It was a mess that day only food on course before race 4 were hot chips. Half the vendors did not turn up. Finding a cold drink was near on impossible. Told my trainer never to nominate my horse there again on that day

58 minutes ago, army said:

Went to Te Teko on a very hot 30 December day. Was over 35 degrees. Went to pre drinks and since it was so hot could not get a non alcoholic drink.  It was a mess that day only food on course before race 4 were hot chips. Half the vendors did not turn up. Finding a cold drink was near on impossible. Told my trainer never to nominate my horse there again on that day

You don’t need to worry anymore 

22 hours ago, Tony said:

An owner with a horse in races 2 and 4 goes to the races. They have had an email saying that they could collect 2 complimentary drinks tickets per horse on the day. The owner watches both horses and is chatting with people having a great time. After race 5 they decide to go and collect their complimentary drinks tickets and are asked " and what races are your horses in". The owner replys "oh they were in race 2 and race 4"  That's when the person in charge of handing out the complimentary tickets says "I'm sorry but those tickets are no longer available because those races have been"  

Yes this actually happened at Awapuni on Saturday. This is taking penny pinching to the extreme. 

What a way to run a 'business'! Bite the hands that feed you.

8 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Haha usually !

Nelson TC my fav - I had my first winner there (paying $78). I was in a state of shock and they let me stay in the presentation room the rest of the afternoon drinking straight gin (had a tote window too where I collected ;) )

Tauherenikau outstanding. We won the first race and spent the day drinking on them 

Shout out to Riccarton - after Jack Frost wins they were swamped with dozens of winning owners ... I can remember drinks being passed out the door to the waiting line who couldn't get in the room.

Happy Days

With the greatest of respect aren’t you the one causing the problems?

If the winners of the 1st race stayed in the free drinks room all day, and the winners of the 2nd race did, and the winners of the 3rd race did, and the winners of Race 4.....see where I’m going?

Mikie