RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Stables

Nigel McGrath

On 7/13/2020 at 12:49 PM, Mikie said:

I know what the Rules say, Nigel can’t even break in horses under 1301-1303

I really can’t see why the Rules make it illegal for him, or anyone, to break in horses. Where is the harm in that?

Mikie

Exactly, not much they can do, I remember Mare Price breaking in a mate's horse for trainer Mark Purdon and Maree wasn't licenced at tge time although she did hold driver and trainer licences in the past. Lots of the big trainers send horses to others to break in . Quite a few  private trainers will work with a young horse while not licenced and take up their licence again when one shows promise.

14 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Exactly, not much they can do, I remember Mare Price breaking in a mate's horse for trainer Mark Purdon and Maree wasn't licenced at tge time although she did hold driver and trainer licences in the past. Lots of the big trainers send horses to others to break in . Quite a few  private trainers will work with a young horse while not licenced and take up their licence again when one shows promise.

Sorry, you are wrong 2Piper

There is a lot they can do

I would guess they wouldn't register the horse being broken in

Mikie

On 7/15/2020 at 10:47 AM, Mikie said:

Sorry, you are wrong 2Piper

There is a lot they can do

I would guess they wouldn't register the horse being broken in

Mikie

Once they disqualify him , he's not licenced and therefore RIU are not allowed on his property if he chooses not to admit them. They would  be trespassing, would they not ?Also he spells his racehorses elsewhere, are they gonna follow him everywhere ? What can they actually  do ? How many employees did he have ? Or still does ? What consideration does the disqualification have regarding employment law ? I'm just asking questions ? As I reiterated before common law takes precedence and any HRNZ rule has to abide those constraints. 

Quite  a balanced article by excellent journalist Martin Van Beyden out of Christchurch today......a main story on Stuff ,and I assume the Press .

Excellent qoutes from racing people STomilinson ,Jill Smolenski and MHouse.

They speak of the damage these actions and the resulting bad publicity do to their careers/livelihood  etc.

Yet we wonder on here why attendance and betting is in sharp decline.

The Industry eats itself up from the inside......yet we look to divert blame.    

A disqualified person is still covered by the rules of racing, which means racecourse detectives are able to inspect his property and investigate his activities. He can be charged with more offencess if he continues to ignore the disqualification