RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Stables

Nigel McGrath

Don't want to get into the debate too harsh/not harsh enough, but really he should just walk away and find something new to do in his life hard as that is going to be. Yes he could appeal I suppose but in the end he is toast insofar as anything to do with harness racing is concerned. I wish him well in what ever he chooses to do.

All the apologists conspicuously absent now. Nasty old RIU caught a cheat. How dare they...bullies !!   But I’m sure the Judicial Committee of JCA are crooks too now !!   Wonder if HRNZ chair who proudly supported this bloke will now indulge in some self reflection about their suitability for the role ?

32 minutes ago, Stables said:

I agree, all he's going to achieve by appealing is cost himself 10's of thousands of dollars and maybe get his disqualification reduced by one or two years. A pity, he was an excellent trainer

Why was he an excellent trainer ?

The judgement identifies/settles Precedent for future rule breakers. That to me is the best outcome of this case. Some may argue he has been made an example of but in the end it was HIM that broke the rules. Others now know what lies ahead if the try and wrought the system so from a deterrent point of view its no bad thing IMHO

Greg

12 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Question for you all , if you are disqualified and  you lose your trainers license as NM has  i presume he cannot enter a racecourse but can he pre train and /or break in horses for others

Greg

Does he own any horses , part of or outright ? Don" t think they can stop him owning  any at time of disq. but would have to wait 8 years for any more to be registered in his name.  Could even still buy at yearling sales and prepare them to sell on.

You are correct 2Piper he can own a horse during the period of disqualification, but he cannot race it. He could buy a horse at the yearling sales, but not in his qwn name and he would be breaking the rules if he was to train the horse. The only horses he will be permitted to sell would be those in his ownership at the time of his disqualification.

1 hour ago, Stables said:

You are correct 2Piper he can own a horse during the period of disqualification, but he cannot race it. He could buy a horse at the yearling sales, but not in his qwn name and he would be breaking the rules if he was to train the horse. The only horses he will be permitted to sell would be those in his ownership at the time of his disqualification.

Stables is 109% correct

2Piper, I’m afraid you are incorrect

Mikie

They posted that in a hurry

DISQUALIFICATIONS: Refer Rules 1301-1312 CRANEFIELD Dean James, Christchurch 1987 For life for corrupt practice 5/8/87

LAWSON Simon John, Hamilton 2019 From 11 May 2019 to 11 November 2021

McGRATH Nigel Raymond, Christchurch 2020 From 13th July 2020 to 12th July 2028

2 hours ago, Stables said:

Lets hope that NM knows all these rules. There is some noise out there in Harness land that he doesn't.I hope for his sake he walks away and doesn't  do any more damage to his reputation

Greg

I'm sure the RIU will be keeping a close eye on him. With some shorter term disqualifications they may have turned a blind eye, but Nigel has pissed them off too often.

There may be one way out for him, if he could get someone to take over his stables and train from there, but McGrath would have to be very careful not to be seen to be involved

I know what the Rules say, Nigel can’t even break in horses under 1301-1303

I really can’t see why the Rules make it illegal for him, or anyone, to break in horses. Where is the harm in that?

Mikie

1 hour ago, Stables said:

There may be one way out for him, if he could get someone to take over his stables and train from there, but McGrath would have to be very careful not to be seen to be involved

He did that last time when he got a holiday didn't he with Burrows training his team. The rest is like a Tui's ad from memory

Greg