RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

16 minutes ago, Proud Magpie said:

My business came through pretty much unscathed after Covid and being a man that is keen on the industry I wouldn't mind supporting one of the clubs with a few dollars by sponsoring a race.

Which club gives you the best deal for your bucks?

Depends where you are. If your business need local support, then obviously your local track. If not, see what promotion/signage/hospitality packages they offer so your clients get a good day out and the name is up in lights for a while. Winners rugs/ birdcage pics can be included.

Any decent club will have a sponsorship manager or similar so give them a bell and see what they can offer.

This is an area where some new thinking is required. Currently sponsorship means extra money for stakes. I contend that generally sponsors could get better mileage sponsoring punters. i.e. tag on sponsors products or services onto the tote betting pools. There may be some laws against this at the moment but that needs to  change. An easy way for sponsors to get rid of excess or old stock without forking up cash.

Adding on sponsors to betting pools is perhaps the best way to prevent betting leakage to foreign operators. Its an area where the overseas parasites can't compete.

3 hours ago, NextPlease said:

I emailed Pukekohe and got no response, so unsure what is going on there.

I guess the smaller clubs would appreciate it more, as opposed to the likes of Ellerslie?

Hi NextPlease. 

please message me re your email to pukekohe and I will get a response back to you ASAP 

10 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Depends where you are. If your business need local support, then obviously your local track. If not, see what promotion/signage/hospitality packages they offer so your clients get a good day out and the name is up in lights for a while. Winners rugs/ birdcage pics can be included.

Any decent club will have a sponsorship manager or similar so give them a bell and see what they can offer.

Just check and make sure though that all of your sponsorship money paid actually ends up in the clubs hands as some foolish and struggling clubs pay their sponsorship managers a commission on sponsorship received ,even when the person getting the commission is a committee member, who supposedly is,  and to all outward appearances looks like a volunteer. These bludgers are actually only feathering their own nests and their struggling racing clubs finances are secondary to their own. Insist that no commission gets deducted from your sponsorship money ,and if you cant get that guarantee, sponsor another club.

10 hours ago, fermoy said:

Just check and make sure though that all of your sponsorship money paid actually ends up in the clubs hands as some foolish and struggling clubs pay their sponsorship managers a commission on sponsorship received ,even when the person getting the commission is a committee member, who supposedly is,  and to all outward appearances looks like a volunteer. These bludgers are actually only feathering their own nests and their struggling racing clubs finances are secondary to their own. Insist that no commission gets deducted from your sponsorship money ,and if you cant get that guarantee, sponsor another club.

Name and shame that club / committee member ??

18 hours ago, NextPlease said:

I emailed Pukekohe and got no response, so unsure what is going on there.

I guess the smaller clubs would appreciate it more, as opposed to the likes of Ellerslie?

At least at Ellerslie my brand would enjoy better exposure ?

1 hour ago, Proud Magpie said:

Of course, but I wasn't sure on the intentions of "I wouldn't mind supporting one of the clubs"

Brand exposure would be Ellerslie - depending on your target audience.

8 hours ago, Proud Magpie said:

Definitely Ellerslie..... very good facilities if you introducing any new people/employees to racing.

Helpful Board ...unpaid too !

Decent cup of coffee !

20 hours ago, fermoy said:

THats silly. Professional sport has numerous sponsorship sales agents who can give the sponsor better advice than part time amateurs. Many operate on 20% which isn't cheap. Most clubs can't afford a sponsorship manager so it makes sense outsourcing the function. Why should racing not compete on a level playing field with sport. Agree a bit that club officials not get on the train but at least their expenses can be accommodated.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

THats silly. Professional sport has numerous sponsorship sales agents who can give the sponsor better advice than part time amateurs. Many operate on 20% which isn't cheap. Most clubs can't afford a sponsorship manager so it makes sense outsourcing the function. Why should racing not compete on a level playing field with sport. Agree a bit that club officials not get on the train but at least their expenses can be accommodated.

He's not a professional.He's just a committee member ,albeit with a high profile, and a large ego who for some reason seems to have a sense of entitlement. One of the reasons though that racing is in trouble is there has been too many people like this guy with their snout in the trough making out they care about our great game when really they are more worried about their own pocket.

12 hours ago, fermoy said:

He's not a professional.He's just a committee member ,albeit with a high profile, and a large ego who for some reason seems to have a sense of entitlement. One of the reasons though that racing is in trouble is there has been too many people like this guy with their snout in the trough making out they care about our great game when really they are more worried about their own pocket.

Seen plenty of those Fermoy. Sponsorship should come under the Sales/Marketing umbrella and that’s usually the problem. Very few clubs employ the right sort of people to do the job properly, or see that area as a waste of time and money so anyone can do it. Then they wonder why things go tits up.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, Ohokaman said:

Seen plenty of those Fermoy. Sponsorship should come under the Sales/Marketing umbrella and that’s usually the problem. Very few clubs employ the right sort of people to do the job properly, or see that area as a waste of time and money so anyone can do it. Then they wonder why things go tits up.

Been talking to the chap at Ellerslie, he seems to be a good bloke ?