RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bruce M

Forbury is BacK

Great news for Dunedinites.

I've just got an email from FPTC announcing they will be racing ten times next season.

These re the changes announced today

FROM HRNZ

Forbury Park

Forbury will hold 10 meetings, nine at Forbury and one at Wingatui.

Timaru Harness Racing Club

Timaru will hold three daylight meetings.

Southland Harness Racing Clubs

Wyndham – There will be no racing at the Wyndham Racecourse, with the meetings being reallocated.  The club retains its summer meeting on 6 January at Cromwell.

Gore - Gore Harness Racing Club will race on December 27th on the grass at Gore. All other dates are reallocated.

Roxburgh - Roxburgh TC will retain its meeting at the Roxburgh Racecourse on January 4.

Westport and Reefton Trotting Clubs

Westport TC (12 March twilight) and Reefton TC (14 March day) will retain their meetings.

Nelson and Marlborough Harness Racing Clubs

Marlborough HRC will retain its summer meetings on the 15 January twilight and 17 January day meetings while the June Winter dates for the Nelson HRC have not been reinstated but the summer dates of January 8 and 10 will continue.

13 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

If you look at the statement on the HRNZ website you'll see that they pushed for Forbury and Timaru to be gone but RITA overturned them.

An interesting take on things. The threat of legal proceedings and failure of HRNZ to follow due process and consultation left them with little choice I'd say re FPTC.

They and others are not out of the woods yet as this is a 1 year lifeline during which time they and other clubs have to produce a regional plan.

Greg

The Wyndham and Gore decisions are the hard ones to understand. Gore a dual coded course and Wyndham the highest turnover per race meeting by a long way. Incidentally Gore is second. They have kept the two poorest preforming clubs and tried to get Gore and Wyndham to go race at them to boast their profitability. Good on them for refusing to. I think more is to come on this. It smells of insider trading to me. 

2 hours ago, dkc said:

The Wyndham and Gore decisions are the hard ones to understand. Gore a dual coded course and Wyndham the highest turnover per race meeting by a long way. Incidentally Gore is second. They have kept the two poorest preforming clubs and tried to get Gore and Wyndham to go race at them to boast their profitability. Good on them for refusing to. I think more is to come on this. It smells of insider trading to me. 

There has to be something we don't know about for these ideas to be floating around,only 2 race meetings between these two clubs yea right.

They tried to get Wyndham to go to Winton  and Gore to go to Invercargill. 

This all with out any consultation.

Interesting to note one K McNaught is on HRNZ board.

Now he is a past president of Winton and is still a committee member of that club. 

There are other alarming links to southern harness and Invercargill and Winton.

Wyndham and Gore have been shafted and I would guess that they will make it known!

22 hours ago, dkc said:

Interesting to note one K McNaught is on HRNZ board.

Now he is a past president of Winton and is still a committee member of that club. 

You have hit the nail on the head DKC, i alluded to this elsewhere. MLT wont sponsor Gore or Wyndham unless they race at Gore which is not unreasonable on their part. The rational put out there was that Southland Harness needed a long course and the options were Winton and Wyndham . Thus Gore was taken out of the equation despite having far more horse trained there and higher tote participation as well as major ongoing sponsorship.Pure madness on the face of it

Greg

43 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You have hit the nail on the head DKC, i alluded to this elsewhere. MLT wont sponsor Gore or Wyndham unless they race at Gore which is not unreasonable on their part. The rational put out there was that Southland Harness needed a long course and the options were Winton and Wyndham . Thus Gore was taken out of the equation despite having far more horse trained there and higher tote participation as well as major ongoing sponsorship.Pure madness on the face of it

Greg

So when is the North Island gunna get a long course if it's so important?

9 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

Certainly strange decisions. Does HRNZ have any explanation for their decisions? Where do they expect the savings and efficiencies to come from? Bizarre trying to force a club to move to Winton when the Winton gallops have been forced to move elsewhere.

It will certainly be interesting at the end of the season to see how much better off the industry is by these decisions. As Flash mentioned above, I don't think much thought has been given to local sponsorships that will be lost. A lot of licences, in both codes, are being moved to tracks that have a very poor record in attracting sponsorship.