RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Leggy

Quick action from NZTR on the Act

2 July 2020

NZTR CIRCULAR 2019/20 – No.27

RACING INDUSTRY ACT 2020 – PROVISIONS RELATING TO RACING CLUB PROPERTY

The Racing Industry Act 2020 received the Royal Assent on 30 June 2020. The Act can be accessed online here or as an attachment to this circular. While most of the provisions of the Act come into force on 1 August 2020, racing clubs should be aware that provisions in the Act limiting how clubs may deal with property which comprises a racing venue came into force on 1 July 2020.

In particular, section 21(1) of the Act provides that:

Despite any provision to the contrary in a racing club’s constitution, the racing club must obtain the written approval of the racing code with which it is registered before—

(a)          transferring or vesting the fee simple estate in the land comprising a racing venue owned by the club:

(b)          leasing, mortgaging, giving a security interest in, or otherwise dealing with the land that comprises a racing venue owned by the club:

(c)           extending any encumbrances in respect of the land that comprises a racing venue owned by the club.

Transactions which take place in breach of this section of the Act are likely to be invalid.

NZTR acknowledges that there are a range of ‘business-as-usual’ activities undertaken by racing clubs to which section 21 of the Act applies, and that it would be undesirable, from an administrative perspective, to require that each of those activities be approved separately by NZTR. NZTR is therefore in the process of developing, in consultation with the Race Club Advisory Group, a General Approval (as permitted by section 21(2)) which will enable these activities to continue as usual.

The General Approval will be circulated in due course.

Issued by the Office of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing

106-110 Jackson Street, Petone, Wellington 5012

Tel: +64 4 576 6240, Fax: +64 4 568 8866

office@nzracing.co.nz

Ita all well and good to get them to race at another venue(Ellerslie)but it seems they don't like racing on it too much in winter,personally I don't want to see any racecourse built on,its just the same as planting trees on good farm land,seems nothing is sacred anymore.

1 minute ago, Stables said:

The Clubs own nothing, at best the members do

True,they decide what's the best,if all these clubs that do sell then they should keep the coin to make them a strong club for a long time.

In all reality I don't care too much about Auckland but it's a situation that could be replicated in lots of cases in  nz.,I'm not sure if a housing boom is likely in Waikouiti,but track could make good sheep grazing which probably is more productive than building more concrete jungles.

I would be surprised if there are any clubs in NZ that won't fight for their courses despite the law changes.

The so called process put in place is nothing more than a charade for the politicians to save face to get the legislation through. 

I wouldn't trust the likes of NZTR/RITA whatever they are calling themselves with a Venezuelan Bolivar, let alone believe they have a clue what to do with that sort of money.

The problem with this industry is it consistently wants quick fixes instead of confronting the real issues and building a sustainable future for itself.

11 hours ago, Mikie said:

Hokitika too quick for NZTR

So were a couple of other Clubs but NZTR too thick to know as yet

Tough luck chaps

Mikie

Oh, NZTR were mightily pissed with Hokitika.

They delivered payback  with no permit for the club this coming year, despite a successful day held at Omoto this past season.

Reduces the familiar four - day circuit to three days,  which will have a negative impact wrt those trainers/owners travelling from outside the Canterbury/Westland district. 

13 hours ago, Huey said:

I would be surprised if there are any clubs in NZ that won't fight for their courses despite the law changes.

The so called process put in place is nothing more than a charade for the politicians to save face to get the legislation through. 

I’m thinking along those lines to Huey .It was clear in the submissions to the select committees and their reactions as things went along. The MPs who supported the bill in the final stage through parliament were adamant that If things hadn’t been changed it would have been a no from them.

I think there is an inclusion In the bill that if a club wishes to take the matter to court the governing body fronts up with the lawyers.