RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dbtab

TAB OUTLET

Went to Thames yesterday and had an hour and twenty minutes to kill before next appointment ,thought i would go to PUNTERS SPORTS BAR and practised the new on course 

measures to see how they work.Deposited a hundie into account and started watching the races and had a couple of bets.After 30 minutes the manager came up too me and asked what 

i was doing ,i explained and she asked me too leave ,there were 6 people in the place .What is going on?

dbtab I think that establishment has changed hands a number of times in recent years. For about 15 years my Dad and myself were regular visitors. Ian Morgan and later Alvin Clark were the owners in those days- real racing people. Sounds as though the present operators have no interest in racing. Shame.

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

dbtab I think that establishment has changed hands a number of times in recent years. For about 15 years my Dad and myself were regular visitors. Ian Morgan and later Alvin Clark were the owners in those days- real racing people. Sounds as though the present operators have no interest in racing. Shame.

Unfortunately thats pretty evident at most establishments across the country at the moment.

You can see where they are coming from, they are supplying the facilities and getting little in return unlike a designated TAB outlet. I was given the same orders at the Sports bar out back in St Heliers a few years back when grumbleguts was running it , only went in to Deposit in ACC and stayed after i ran into someone i knew on way out . Its akin to using someones toilet facility without buying anything possibly 😕

The way things are going you will only be able to bet if you are an account holder.

Perhaps they can partner with a bank and get a transactional card to use on the SST's & eftpos

2 hours ago, Patiti said:

The way things are going you will only be able to bet if you are an account holder.

Perhaps they can partner with a bank and get a transactional card to use on the SST's & eftpos

Nothing surer. 

On 7/1/2020 at 8:58 PM, Patiti said:

lol, have you not seen how many Banks have and are closing or have reduced days and hours, including in  wealthier areas?

Online transactions with all the Data Beaches and risks of one's private financial information is not the way to go.

Bring back the acceptance of cash transactions at least that way we know where it usually is.

Not a smart manouvre to have Banks or those who have . are working in them involved any closer in Betting/ sports enjoyment activities.

Best to keep them at arms length.

Financial online fraud is to greater rsik with so many hackers out there.

Besides does anyone know who all has 'access' to one's TAB accounts, besides the TAB as there are IT companies who have subcontractors along the food chain?

On 7/1/2020 at 8:45 AM, dbtab said:

Went to Thames yesterday and had an hour and twenty minutes to kill before next appointment ,thought i would go to PUNTERS SPORTS BAR and practised the new on course 

measures to see how they work.Deposited a hundie into account and started watching the races and had a couple of bets.After 30 minutes the manager came up too me and asked what 

i was doing ,i explained and she asked me too leave ,there were 6 people in the place .What is going on?

Sounds like you walked into yet another TAB outlet that has staff that do;n't give a damn, nor have a clue about our Racing industry & betting to make some money.

Racing needs to do something to wipe the negative attitude to participation in our industry,

One has to question if perhaps they are mire used to buying Lotto or scratchies where there's minimal involvement or follow up in place of sales.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:36 AM, Huey said:

Maybe she expected you to buy a drink or food? If you were using your account do they get anything out of it? Seems weird though.

They only get around 2% for your betting.  So if you bet $100 they make $2 whereas if you bought a beer they make $5.  The TAB attracts foot traffic, but they rely on it also eating and drinking.

When it comes to retail outlets TAB must think along the lines " how can we help retailer build business??" Perhaps contra deals but that is less practical as TAB getting rid of its media operations. Everything TAB does must be based on "how does it promote business"  e,g, is it worthwhile screening races from Puerto Rico or could the TV time be better spent otherwise. 

Instead of any business inclination the TAB has been infiltrated with the old English betting shop mentality or civil service types who only know how to clip the ticket.