RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pherozity1

Waikato Meeting 4th July Noms Te Rapa

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Well you made the field and drawn barrier 1.  Do we get on? :) 

Not according to the handicapper, we were the worst of the  4 rating 51 and  plus the other higher rated runners will all be tough. Also not sure that barrier one is any advantage this time of the year and our jockey injured yesterday.  But hey always optimistic (or crazy)  or would exit the game. 

6 minutes ago, Pherozity1 said:

Not according to the handicapper, we were the worst of the  4 rating 51 and  plus the other higher rated runners will all be tough. Also not sure that barrier one is any advantage this time of the year and our jockey injured yesterday.  But hey always optimistic (or crazy)  or would exit the game. 

Have a go , you only live once! 

Best of luck.

4 hours ago, TurnipOrange said:

When Maidens are on the same rating , they go back on the last 3 starts to find who has the best recent form, Stake money or how many stats is irrelevant 

Thanks guys for the explanation. Still feel for the 25 nom's that wont get a run in that one race. 

6 hours ago, nomates said:

The Ellerslie meeting replaced the Counties meeting which was brought forward 2 weeks as it became clear horses were going to be ready earlier than anticipated .

Horses that have missed a run at TE Rapa now have to front up at either of the 2 meetings mentioned both looking like being at least H11 . 

They should be putting on another meeting next Thursday or Friday , could have reduced the number of races on Sat and had a full card at say Matamata . There would have still been plenty of horses for Ellerslie next week .

It's called looking after the people that were looking after you .

Too much common sense needed for that .

You got that exactley right. Why would we want to travel 4 and half hours to Wanganui. Are they going to pay transport costs. I doubt it

8 hours ago, Huey said:

Ring Bernard Saundry directly and express your thoughts. Try Loveracing website for contact details, like RITA the real problem here is a lack of empathy and pathetic communication, Bernard things FB live where he can pick and choose what he answers and shut down debate is communicating, it obviously isn't working.

I brought this up when Bernard was live last time on face book. I stated that because the 2 Te Rapa trials meeting were so heavy with nominations and that these horse would now look to race would they look at adding an extra meeting in the North. His answer was that they would be keeping a good eye on things. Well it never happened did it

20 minutes ago, army said:

I brought this up when Bernard was live last time on face book. I stated that because the 2 Te Rapa trials meeting were so heavy with nominations and that these horse would now look to race would they look at adding an extra meeting in the North. His answer was that they would be keeping a good eye on things. Well it never happened did it

Well he's obviously forgotten which one is his good eye .

58 minutes ago, army said:

You got that exactley right. Why would we want to travel 4 and half hours to Wanganui. Are they going to pay transport costs. I doubt it

That's the response you get from them I bet. 

I did notice when fields came out today that they did change a couple of the races from 14 to 16 starters. It's not much as that maybe an extra 6 horses that get a start but more importantly I think it is an acknowledgement that perhaps they havent been looking closely enough as to what is happening and how many horses are missing out. Will be watching with interest to see if they step up and add another meeting in the next week.

I think the way they have handled the return to racing so far is an indication of how out of touch and incompetent they are. No way in the world would you sell Avondale and hand $200m to this lot. They hardly look capable of organising the proverbial piss up in the brewery.

None of this is all that hard really. It's just a matter of putting on a few race-meetings for the hundreds of horses out there that want to race. Clubs could almost organise it between themselves. There are much harder tasks ahead. This was an opportunity for current management to show they are up to the task, but they have hardly inspired any confidence so far.

Up here, we're having similar difficulties. 

The return has been for the benefit of the big owners, big trainers, big courses and the bloodstock industry. Almost every race in the Pattern has been "saved" even if they are run at different tracks at different times. That presumably is to keep the breeders happy.

The tv coverage has been stuffed full of Group racing and this weekend we have the Derby, Oaks and the Eclipse as well as a number of Group 2 and Group 3 races.

The problem is there have been so many opportunities for the better horses, the population can't take it. Last Saturday at Newmarket, an eight race card of Listed, Class 2 and Class 3 handicaps drew just 51 runners.

As for the moderate horses and we know there are many more slow horses than fast ones, the Class 5 and Class 6 handicaps are always full with horses balloted out but tell Newmarket or Sandown or Goodwood to put on a card of Class 6 handicaps and they'll have a hissy fit - my response is who cares, it's not as though any spectators are going to complain.

The point is the smaller owners, trainers and jockeys have had a thoroughly bad deal out of the resumption of racing. Quality has led quantity and while some may say that's no bad thing and in normal times I recognise that, I think everyone deserves a chance and it wouldn't harm a Grade 1 course to put on a meeting for the lesser lights just once.

1 hour ago, stodge said:

The return has been for the benefit of the big owners, big trainers, big courses and the bloodstock industry. Almost every race in the Pattern has been "saved" even if they are run at different tracks at different times. That presumably is to keep the breeders happy.

The tv coverage has been stuffed full of Group racing and this weekend we have the Derby, Oaks and the Eclipse as well as a number of Group 2 and Group 3 races.

The problem is there have been so many opportunities for the better horses, the population can't take it. Last Saturday at Newmarket, an eight race card of Listed, Class 2 and Class 3 handicaps drew just 51 runners.

As for the moderate horses and we know there are many more slow horses than fast ones, the Class 5 and Class 6 handicaps are always full with horses balloted out but tell Newmarket or Sandown or Goodwood to put on a card of Class 6 handicaps and they'll have a hissy fit - my response is who cares, it's not as though any spectators are going to complain.

The point is the smaller owners, trainers and jockeys have had a thoroughly bad deal out of the resumption of racing. Quality has led quantity and while some may say that's no bad thing and in normal times I recognise that, I think everyone deserves a chance and it wouldn't harm a Grade 1 course to put on a meeting for the lesser lights just once.

Interesting that you say all the “pattern” races have been saved. In Qld (Aust), two G1 races (Qld Oaks and Tatts Tiara) we’re canned due to a redistribution of available Stake Money. The Stradbroke had a huge reduction in Stakes, racing for less than half of last years Stakes. I’m surprised NZ Racing is so wealthy that it has been able to keep all its “pattern” races. In doing what they did, Racing Qld has been able to keep up good stakes for mid-week and other Sat Class races. Much more benefit to all. 

5 hours ago, stodge said:

The point you make is the very reason I find there is such absurd enthusiasm for the new Racing Bill by people in the industry that should know better.

No where is it good for the common man  that races something he bred from a $5-10k stallion or who battles away with a few horses, its all being set up to benefit those at the top once again!

28 minutes ago, Huey said:

The point you make is the very reason I find there is such absurd enthusiasm for the new Racing Bill by people in the industry that should know better.

No where is it good for the common man  that races something he bred from a $5-10k stallion or who battles away with a few horses, its all being set up to benefit those at the top once again!

If you get one of Australasia's biggest breeders to create a template for that, what do you expect?

18 minutes ago, Huey said:

There is only a limited time frame for how long that model will survive , if that is their plan it is only a matter of time till it crumbles . The All Blacks are the best for a reason , NZ has the best club/provincial rugby structure in the world . So unless the wealthy owners of NZ racing are prepared to race all the horses required under that structure it is doomed to failure . 

There is a generation of owners/trainers propping up NZ racing at present , these are old time crusted on racing enthusiasts , but below that generation the next one is a lot lighter in numbers . Once that older generation move on to whatever i suspect there will be real issue with the lack of horses being raced by the " common man " as you say . 

The industry is in a now or never situation , it must make a concerted drive to maintain ownership numbers they presently have by ensuring they are being treated as important factors in the future of NZ racing , i.e. No 1 . All the while trying to bring new owners on board .

The shambles with the number of horses missing a run at Te Rapa is definitely not showing owners they are important .

On 7/1/2020 at 12:31 PM, nomates said:

This is how brain dad NZTR , they have split the 61 1400 at Awapuni on Sat , smart move , they have 28 acceptors , 14 mdns , 14 have won a race . Easy Peasy Japaneasy . NO . We'll just put 7 of each in both races . How to make a simple process look like simpletons are organizing it .

NZTR are going back to mdns , R65 and 2yo's as of the 15th July .Obviously their open nomination system has got too convoluted for them , and probably a bit of not too nice feedback from the above cockup , i know 2 owners of mdns who questioned it and gave their opinion . I never got a reply questioning the above move . Also never got a reply as to when stakes for next season might be announced along with programmes . 

2 hours ago, nomates said:

NZTR are going back to mdns , R65 and 2yo's as of the 15th July .Obviously their open nomination system has got too convoluted for them , and probably a bit of not too nice feedback from the above cockup , i know 2 owners of mdns who questioned it and gave their opinion . I never got a reply questioning the above move . Also never got a reply as to when stakes for next season might be announced along with programmes . 

Well that did that at Te Rapa created 3 races for the 1400 2 Mdns and the rest. The problem with that is that your winning Mdns only go up to a rating 67 or 68 so then they are struggling to get a start against the higher rated horses and the jumpers who can hold onto their flat rating for ages

13 minutes ago, army said:

Well that did that at Te Rapa created 3 races for the 1400 2 Mdns and the rest. The problem with that is that your winning Mdns only go up to a rating 67 or 68 so then they are struggling to get a start against the higher rated horses and the jumpers who can hold onto their flat rating for ages

Winning mdns are usually put onto 64 , unless they were impressive then the handicapper puts them on 65 . That was the last time i really took much notice . Cant see a mdn going straight into 75 grade , unless it has had black type form .

Nope.

Maiden win re-rated between 62-64 depending on the strength of the performance which will be determined by the Handicapper having regard to the advertised prizemoney for the race and the relative strength of the field.