RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pherozity1

Waikato Meeting 4th July Noms Te Rapa

As the interested owner/breeder of a maiden horse nominated for this meeting in Race 5 1200 M maiden that has  a rating of 51,  I was suprised that at this stage she does not make the field of 14. 

However looking at the field the first few are rating 45 horses that I assume were  balloted from another meeting so obviously that will be a technique used by astute people to jump way ahead of their rating in future to get a start?

My beef is that we should be number 13 not 15!
#13 Forgetz has had 5 starts for 0ne 2nd and 4 unplaced runs & $2000 stakes; #14 Ciciolina has had 6 starts for two 3rds and 4 unplaced runs $1750 in stakes and Pearl Davone has had 6 starts for one 2nd, one 3rd, two 4ths and only 2 unplaced runs and $3850 in stakes.
So how do they rate the horses on the same rating? 

But wow over 40 horses nominated so how many in the pipeline that owners are paying training fee's for and no opportunity to race.... 

David I counted 325 nominations for the 12 race card at Te Rapa on Saturday. Things won’t get any better next month either. There will be a massive log jam and some horses won’t get a run until the new season. I am lucky that two I have shares in will both get a start but feel sorry for all those owners whose horses will miss out. Surely NZTR can organise extra meetings in the north for July to cater for the numbers they have badly underestimated.

What a pathetic situation, run some more bloody race days, I know my owners haven’t paid training fees through the Covid situation to have their horses standing in their boxes.

Why are we so slow on the uptake?
They must have known their would be a backlog of horses looking to run.....

1 hour ago, Pherozity1 said:

As the interested owner/breeder of a maiden horse nominated for this meeting in Race 5 1200 M maiden that has  a rating of 51,  I was suprised that at this stage she does not make the field of 14. 

However looking at the field the first few are rating 45 horses that I assume were  balloted from another meeting so obviously that will be a technique used by astute people to jump way ahead of their rating in future to get a start?

#13 Forgetz has had 5 starts for 0ne 2nd and 4 unplaced runs & $2000 stakes; #14 Ciciolina has had 6 starts for two 3rds and 4 unplaced runs $1750 in stakes and Pearl Davone has had 6 starts for one 2nd, one 3rd, two 4ths and only 2 unplaced runs and $3850 in stakes.

But wow over 40 horses nominated so how many in the pipeline that owners are paying training fee's for and no opportunity to race.... 

Could it be that Forgetz (2nd 2 starts ago) and Ciciolina (3rd 2 starts ago and three starts ago) are ahead due to better recent form having been placed in recent starts whereas Pearl Davone's placings came at her first two starts? 

22 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Could it be that Forgetz (2nd 2 starts ago) and Ciciolina (3rd 2 starts ago and three starts ago) are ahead due to better recent form having been placed in recent starts whereas Pearl Davone's placings came at her first two starts? 

Cant follow that logic at all Ted. Forgetz has had 5 starts for one placing and 2k stakes, Pearl Davone  has had 6 starts for 4 placings and $3850 in stakes.... Ciciolina has placed twice and $1750 in stakes in 6 starts.... compared to Pearl Davone in the same number of starts  4 placings and $3850 in stakes .... facts not fiction and they  are all starting fresh up when you said PD has a good record. 

As a owner I had 2 horses nominated one will get in but then when they split the 1400 they made a maiden 1400 and 2 open 1400. As a rating 67 we dont get in but all the maidens get a run. In other words 3 1400 are bring run and they make 2 of them maidens except for a 66 that gets in. They then put 6 on each ballot well that a waste of time to because you not going to get 6 scratching. The other thing that is frustrating is one of the horses had to trial because she has been off the track for 16monghs due to injury do this is the first meeting we could nominate for but there are horses that have already started given a 2and start. If they are going to restrict the trials then restrict the starts to give everyone a fair go. Waikato is the big horse population but instead of giving us an extra meeting now they give the CD one next week and ours is 2 weeks away at Counties. My trainer also had a horse nominated for its first start after winning a trial and that will miss out too. When are NZTR going to start looking at what races we need and using their initiative to cater for the horses. They need to step out of the past and into the future for the good of racing. 

I've got a rating 57, who has been in training since January - we've worked him out, he's run two very good trials and is ready to knock them dead - will we ever get a run? He's no where near a start at Te Rapa - Ellerslie next week? No chance - so when?

Anybody have the contact details of someone in charge of this mess that I can have a rant to? This is an absolute clusterfxxk.

8 minutes ago, Catalano said:

I've got a rating 57, who has been in training since January - we've worked him out, he's run two very good trials and is ready to knock them dead - will we ever get a run? He's no where near a start at Te Rapa - Ellerslie next week? No chance - so when?

Anybody have the contact details of someone in charge of this mess that I can have a rant to? This is an absolute clusterfxxk.

Good luck with that you will be talking to a brick wall. You will get in first at Elleslie though. We will not get a start either bit there is 8 2 athat already has a start then at least 3 who are double nominated for at least 1 other race or 2 and another meeting.  They have given maidens 2 races in the open and the rest 1. The split wasn't done fairly as the 2and maiden has a rating 66 in it and if course whose horse is that Mr Bella. Si he gets a start and all the rating 67 and 68 miss out even though it is suppose to be open entry nominations. Also they put 6 on the ballot come on whose going to scratch when it so hard to get a start

29 minutes ago, Catalano said:

Ring Bernard Saundry directly and express your thoughts. Try Loveracing website for contact details, like RITA the real problem here is a lack of empathy and pathetic communication, Bernard things FB live where he can pick and choose what he answers and shut down debate is communicating, it obviously isn't working.

10 hours ago, army said:

As a owner I had 2 horses nominated one will get in but then when they split the 1400 they made a maiden 1400 and 2 open 1400. As a rating 67 we dont get in but all the maidens get a run. In other words 3 1400 are bring run and they make 2 of them maidens except for a 66 that gets in. They then put 6 on each ballot well that a waste of time to because you not going to get 6 scratching. The other thing that is frustrating is one of the horses had to trial because she has been off the track for 16monghs due to injury do this is the first meeting we could nominate for but there are horses that have already started given a 2and start. If they are going to restrict the trials then restrict the starts to give everyone a fair go. Waikato is the big horse population but instead of giving us an extra meeting now they give the CD one next week and ours is 2 weeks away at Counties. My trainer also had a horse nominated for its first start after winning a trial and that will miss out too. When are NZTR going to start looking at what races we need and using their initiative to cater for the horses. They need to step out of the past and into the future for the good of racing. 

They have had some much opportunity to do so and have done nothing, you'd have to think they don't know what they are doing.

Does anyone thing if there is no money the stakes should be altered to cater for more meetings so that at least horses are getting a run? At least until this backlog can be sorted out.

As it is some horses are running for nothing because they aren't getting a run.

27 minutes ago, army said:

You will get in first at Elleslie though.

Will we? I've been looking through the July racing announcement and news on the website, but can't find anything to confirm that.

Seriously, they were drawing salaries over the lock-up and yet could not get on the phone to every trainer to get a guide on how many horses were looking to start in July? 

Seriously, Kermit ran a tighter outfit.

14 minutes ago, Catalano said:

Will we? I've been looking through the July racing announcement and news on the website, but can't find anything to confirm that.

Seriously, they were drawing salaries over the lock-up and yet could not get on the phone to every trainer to get a guide on how many horses were looking to start in July? 

Seriously, Kermit ran a tighter outfit.

Exactly right, the whole show is a shambles!

2 hours ago, Huey said:

Does anyone thing if there is no money the stakes should be altered to cater for more meetings so that at least horses are getting a run? At least until this backlog can be sorted out.

As it is some horses are running for nothing because they aren't getting a run.

Meeting News

Two Extra North Island Meetings – Wanganui and Ellerslie

Two extra race-meetings have been scheduled for the ‘Return to Racing’ period.

A race-meeting has been scheduled for Wanganui for Thursday 25 June. Strong numbers of horses at jumpouts/trials including 106 participants at the Waverley Point to Point on 11 June suggest there is plenty of interest. Notwithstanding the indication of strong numbers, this meeting will not proceed unless there are sufficient numbers for eight good-sized fields. Highweight races will be scheduled over distances of 1600m and 2060m as well as races over 800m, 1200m and 1360m. These races will be Open Entry races and will be run for a stake of $15,000.

In the Northern region the Auckland RC will now race at Ellerslie on Saturday 11 July with the currently scheduled Counties meeting moving back four days to Wednesday 15 July. The additional meeting will also have stakes of $15,000 per race and be Open Entry with the distances of 880m, 1200m, 1400m 1600m and 2200m being applicable at Ellerslie. The highweight races that were scheduled for Counties will now be run at the Ellerslie meeting.

Where the highweight races at both meetings are programmed and potentially split, NZTR in conjunction with the club will decide what races to allocate as the highweight. This will be done after nominations close

2 hours ago, Catalano said:

Any horse missing a run at Te Rapa will be Guaranteed a run at either Counties or Ellerslie .

As for contacting someone , go waste your time , they simply don't give a shit . They will listen then say " sorry there's not much we can do , the programs are in place now , but , you will get a run next time " . 

They have shown time and time again they have no ability to adjust to changing situations .

I genuinely feel for you and all the other owners in this position .

NZTR and the industry participants are definitely a TEAM , very much master and slave .

2 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Meeting News

A race-meeting has been scheduled for Wanganui for Thursday 25 June. Strong numbers of horses at jumpouts/trials including 106 participants at the Waverley Point to Point on 11 June suggest there is plenty of interest. Notwithstanding the indication of strong numbers, this meeting will not proceed unless there are sufficient numbers for eight good-sized fields. Highweight races will be scheduled over distances of 1600m and 2060m as well as races over 800m, 1200m and 1360m. These races will be Open Entry races and will be run for a stake of $15,000.

In the Northern region the Auckland RC will now race at Ellerslie on Saturday 11 July with the currently scheduled Counties meeting moving back four days to Wednesday 15 July. The additional meeting will also have stakes of $15,000 per race and be Open Entry with the distances of 880m, 1200m, 1400m 1600m and 2200m being applicable at Ellerslie. The highweight races that were scheduled for Counties will now be run at the Ellerslie meeting.

Where the highweight races at both meetings are programmed and potentially split, NZTR in conjunction with the club will decide what races to allocate as the highweight. This will be done after nominations close

The Ellerslie meeting replaced the Counties meeting which was brought forward 2 weeks as it became clear horses were going to be ready earlier than anticipated .

Horses that have missed a run at TE Rapa now have to front up at either of the 2 meetings mentioned both looking like being at least H11 . 

They should be putting on another meeting next Thursday or Friday , could have reduced the number of races on Sat and had a full card at say Matamata . There would have still been plenty of horses for Ellerslie next week .

It's called looking after the people that were looking after you .

Too much common sense needed for that .

16 hours ago, Pherozity1 said:

Well you made the field and drawn barrier 1.  Do we get on? :) 

41 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Meeting News

How are these meetings in a few weeks helping out with the log jam now? 

This is how brain dad NZTR , they have split the 61 1400 at Awapuni on Sat , smart move , they have 28 acceptors , 14 mdns , 14 have won a race . Easy Peasy Japaneasy . NO . We'll just put 7 of each in both races . How to make a simple process look like simpletons are organizing it .

Edited by nomates
add word

3 minutes ago, nomates said:

This is how brain dad NZTR , they have split the 61 1400 at Awapuni on Sat , smart move , they have 28 acceptors , 14 mdns , 14 have won a race . Easy Peasy Japaneasy . NO . We'll just put 7 of each in both races . How to make a simple process look like simpletons are organizing it .

That is just unbelieveable thinking. Who on earth dreamed that up?

8 minutes ago, Leggy said:

That is just unbelieveable thinking. Who on earth dreamed that up?

The dream team , part of the team that are going to haul this industry up and back on it's feet , and make racing great again . Their thought processes are so narrow .

15 hours ago, rdytdy said:

When Maidens are on the same rating , they go back on the last 3 starts to find who has the best recent form, Stake money or how many stats is irrelevant 

39 minutes ago, TurnipOrange said:

When Maidens are on the same rating , they go back on the last 3 starts to find who has the best recent form, Stake money or how many stats is irrelevant 

Cheers Bob. Confirms my thoughts on why they were ahead of Pearl Davone. .