RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mikie

Stakes Stables

Stables

I see on the T/B forum you have stated that since there are less races, then the average stake should increase

until you know the % distribution between codes I fail to see how you could assume this in respect of harness racing

Do you really think that the stakes for races will increase?

If so, and you are correct, then we have one less thing to worry about so that’s great

Mikie

I agree that my statement is contingent upon the distribution break down between codes remaining the same. I am hoping, perhaps foolishly, that our yet to be appointed representative on the new board has a persuasive personality

Which job Stables?

If you mean the CEO’s job I doubt that my relationship with the Chairman, my age, my stint without liberty and my personality (I apparently doesn’t suffer fools lightly and can’t hide it) would count against me

Given the CEO’s that RITA, the TAB, Thoroughbred Racing and HRNZ have each had over the last decade I could probably do half the job that Edward Rennell did, which would be twice the job most of the others have done (excluding Jim Leach)

I wouldn’t have to be very good

I know that one submission made to RITA on the draft Dates digressed into Turnovers, and predicted that On-course turnovers would slump to 30% of previous years given some of the planned changes. That didn’t take long to be proved correct did it?

Mikie

42 minutes ago, Mikie said:

I see on the T/B forum you have stated that since there are less races, then the average stake should increase

You also still have to programme sufficient races to enable owners horses to get opportunities to race , so until the distribution is decided and then the amount of races that have to be funded , we wont know to what stakes at all levels will be .

I think that my prospects of that position would be similarly challenged

All these changes to Boards and the appointment of Independent Directors begs the question, does it help or hinder?

The changes to the NZRB to the NZRIB and the Independents don’t seem to have helped what is now known as RITA

The changes to Thoroughbred Racing also don’t seem to have brought any advantages in governance

The changes that HRNZ made don’t seem to have brought any advantages, other than I guess it made it easier for a new Board member to ingratiate himself and then land the CEO job on a full time pay, part time work basis

When the Clubs had more say we seemed to be going beyter

Mikie

1 hour ago, eljay said:

Would you need other skills?    A knowledge of the Industry and how it functions (should function) would be a welcome change to what we have endured for a number of yeas now.    

I would think that being competent or experienced with finance would be helpful. I can't see what harm there would be if they had other abilities AS WELL as having a knowledge of the industry Eljay?

2 examples of ones with not much knowledge of the industries spring to mind, what knowledge of the Greyhound Industry did Glenda Hughes have?  What knowledge of the Harness Racing Industry did Mr Holden have?

Mikie

Whilst we are covering the composition of Boards can anyone tell me, with their reduction in Stakes to the same level as Cambridge and their number of racedays possibly also being the same, why ATC has a direct appointed representative on HRNZ?

Mikie

54 minutes ago, Stables said:

I always have, it's only taken you a while to come round to my way of thinking😜

Always would be an exaggeration Stables, let's settle on "mainly"?

Mikie

On 6/30/2020 at 8:25 AM, Stables said:

It's supposed to be temporary, but now he's got his feet under the desk, it may be impossible to get him out

He's only got his feet under the desk 1.5 days a week

But I bet he's paid for 7

Mikie

Yeah  1.5 days a week fly him down from North Island probably stays in a 5 star Hotel , I understand the law says HRNZ has to have a CEO and he will be Spicers pick. I cannot believe there was no person local that could have stepped in until the new CEO is appointed.