RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Terminating pick 6 CH CH

Well I was expecting at least a 20 to 50 k starting pool to add some interest . Obviously the cupboards are bare as 5 mins before the first leg the pool was at a staggering wait for it 6 K :)  did balloon out to 10 k but hell what an embarrassment on the first day back on the biggest track down south . Surely that’s as bad as it will get ?

I think it's indicative of the races,  no one really has a clue about the form and the fields in these races that was pretty clear looking at a few results yesterday. If you can't line up the form and it's even worse than normal winter, that's what you can expect. 

Perhaps getting back to some structure may help next month or whenever it happens. 

I went for place 6, considering the fields were big and lacking recent form, spent 20 on a percentage bet, was live with 2 runners in the last whom both failed. winners picked in my selections 2. I agree with Huey 10 grand start would have been good, but alas TAB broke.

6 hours ago, Huey said:

I think it's indicative of the races,  no one really has a clue about the form and the fields in these races that was pretty clear looking at a few results yesterday. If you can't line up the form and it's even worse than normal winter, that's what you can expect. 

Perhaps getting back to some structure may help next month or whenever it happens. 

I wouldn't have a cent on South Island racing until October , a lottery unless you have a bit info from stable to work on and even then IMHO you'd have to be brave or well off to go anything decent  . I think they race this week , they will go into   their knees with weather this week , it will be a heavy 55 and can the horses possibly go wider into straight ? 

Good to see Pam Robson get a win , handy horse that , good on them .

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I wouldn't have a cent on South Island racing until October , a lottery unless you have a bit info from stable to work on and even then IMHO you'd have to be brave or well off to go anything decent  . I think they race this week , they will go into   their knees with weather this week , it will be a heavy 55 and can the horses possibly go wider into straight ? 

Good to see Pam Robson get a win , handy horse that , good on them .

Cheers RR.

It's bucketing down here, has been all night...next meeting on the 11th.

4 hours ago, Red Rum said:

& Awapuni wont be?

18 minutes ago, barryb said:

& Awapuni wont be?

Plus they have another meeting 14 days after then another 13 days later , meanwhile Otaki , Waverley and Woodville are sitting idle . 

Wanganui the same , has 2 more meetings inside the next 4 weeks . Both these tracks will be rooted within a month .

I just don't get the logic at all , OK this decision was made with Covid in mind but things have changed quicker than expected . So why the can't they be pro active and show they can think on their feet . Brain dead if they don't .

I'm sure other districts are the same , show some positive leadership and utilize other tracks .

42 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

And how many days of winter racing does it take to get Riccarton munted.? Perfectly good tracks like Timaru and Oamaru sitting idle. Time to share the meetings round a bit.

I'm sure they will come out with their justifications instead of showing professionalism and adjust as required .

2 hours ago, nomates said:

Plus they have another meeting 14 days after then another 13 days later , meanwhile Otaki , Waverley and Woodville are sitting idle . 

Wanganui the same , has 2 more meetings inside the next 4 weeks . Both these tracks will be rooted within a month .

I just don't get the logic at all , OK this decision was made with Covid in mind but things have changed quicker than expected . So why the can't they be pro active and show they can think on their feet . Brain dead if they don't .

I'm sure other districts are the same , show some positive leadership and utilize other tracks .

Possibly has something to do with the racing bill,  isn't there something in there about 2 years as a racing venue not used can enter into a process, that may impact Woodville & Otaki? 

19 minutes ago, Huey said:

Possibly has something to do with the racing bill,  isn't there something in there about 2 years as a racing venue not used can enter into a process, that may impact Woodville & Otaki? 

Correct on the Act but I think those two have meetings programmed.    

15 minutes ago, Huey said:

They both have meetings programmed for next season ? provisionally .

25 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Back to pick 6, why when no one gets all 6 does it pay out on any 5? It's called pick 6 not pick 5 and I recon it would be best if it Jackpots and can get up to a decent size to get people want get involved. 

And should be on course only, with a starting fund from TAB

27 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Back to pick 6, why when no one gets all 6 does it pay out on any 5? It's called pick 6 not pick 5 and I recon it would be best if it Jackpots and can get up to a decent size to get people want get involved. 

Exactly Aaron! A little forward thinking needed from the R.I.T.A Leadership!
Why can't we have an on-course only Jackpot (Lotto Like) every Saturday to bring people back to the course!
We could also introduce an off course Jackpot at 50% less for stay at home punters!

3 minutes ago, arjay said:

And should be on course only, with a starting fund from TAB

Why when nobody goes to the races , we need strategies that get every dollar out of the punters no matter where they watch the races . We're not in a position to start ostracizing punters because they can't get on course .

24 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Exactly Aaron! A little forward thinking needed from the R.I.T.A Leadership!
Why can't we have an on-course only Jackpot (Lotto Like) every Saturday to bring people back to the course!
We could also introduce an off course Jackpot at 50% less for stay at home punters!

Could run two separate pick 6's , one on course , one off course . I just think it will take a long time for the on course pick 6 to get up . Imagine trying to put one on , on a self serve machine .

Early quaddie was resulted before Pick 6 started so with the late quaddie getting a bonus you'd be a mug to take a Pick 6 bet.  The two presenters knew it, but scrambled for reasons why you might want to with scenarios like the way things are going you might be able to snare the entire pool without having to pick six winners.  Some might be silly enough to listen, but most could work out the quaddie was now a better bet.

Pick 6 looks to have had its day.  They make it jackpotting and punters complain saying they want it to be terminating.  They make it terminating and punters say they want it jackpotting.

8 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Early quaddie was resulted before Pick 6 started so with the late quaddie getting a bonus you'd be a mug to take a Pick 6 bet.  The two presenters knew it, but scrambled for reasons why you might want to with scenarios like the way things are going you might be able to snare the entire pool without having to pick six winners.  Some might be silly enough to listen, but most could work out the quaddie was now a better bet.

Pick 6 looks to have had its day.  They make it jackpotting and punters complain saying they want it to be terminating.  They make it terminating and punters say they want it jackpotting.

I was on course but did laugh when I saw Rodley's suggested Pick 6 ticket flash up on screen. With a terminating Pick 6 on a day where clearly it was going to be bloody hard to pick a winner - he had an anchor and a few legs with only 3 selections ....wtf ????

14 hours ago, Huey said:

Good luck getting Otaki off the bros 

9 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

I was on course but did laugh when I saw Rodley's suggested Pick 6 ticket flash up on screen. With a terminating Pick 6 on a day where clearly it was going to be bloody hard to pick a winner - he had an anchor and a few legs with only 3 selections ....wtf ????

Funniest thing was Pops doing his best to talk it up after the roughy won the first leg. If you’ve got it hold onto your seats ! :)