RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Don't be fooled by the spin - the truth on code funding

14 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Well from my perspective, viewing today's offering., I would go further and cut Trackside further. Why do we need Popperwell AND Rodley sitting in a studio together talking in the usual cliches, repeating ad nauseam what we have already seen in a race, and cutting away from post-race comment in Australia where Radley and Dufficy are streets ahead. Then to add insult to injury the mumbling Sweeney continues with repetitive narrative on the massive ( 10K) Pick-6 being gone, favoured track position at Riccarton ( we've seen it for ourselves all day) and general trivia. Perfectly adequate coverage during Level 2,( apart from those kindergarten teacher voices) so why not continue, and as for me, so irritated by these dullards, never had a bet today.( Means I can pay my trainers!)

I thought all these idiots had to re apply for fewer roles....they keep turning up so who missed out.....??

48 minutes ago, Stables said:

Typical response of a person who has no idea what he's talking about

Perhaps you'd respond to my query then and explain what you think I am wrong about and provide some evidence of that so we can all be brought up to speed.

1 hour ago, Stables said:

Typical response of a person who has no idea what he's talking about

Dear oh dear....I suggest you take a look at the comments and data produced by this poster for several years....go and wash your mouth out [ figuratively speaking ].

Stables

The split last season for harness was 29-30%
My information is that our code share share of betting is down so no doubt the gallops will want more, leaving harness with less

The age old argument from the Thoroughbred code is that they deserve all the betting on Aussie gallops, the argument from harness in part is that they moved off Saturday’s to make way for Aussie gallops in anticipation of a return

The other argument is why Thoroughbreds think they deserve the betting on an Aussie race that they have not contributed stakes, starters, trainers of jockeys to, just because it is a gallops race. They are very passionate about that. The other side of the coin is if that’s the direction that we head in is that there should be a revamp of dates so that Thoroughbreds don’t have all the prime time, like the Saturdays aforementioned

Mikie

24 minutes ago, Stables said:

Leggy, I suggest you provide some clarification of what exacltly you are talking about. How can I respond to your statement when what you are referring to is so unclear

Unfortunately, the latest data I have on this is FY2018. At the moment I am struggling to get anything up to date from RITA and as you know, there remains no sign of the end January 2020 6 month financials there as we now head into the final month of the financial year. I would have thought the comment about subsidies from pokies, the taxpayer and sports would be self explanatory.

1 hour ago, Stables said:

Mind your own business Pam, is Leggy not capable of defending himself

I'm not clear what you think I need to defend. Perhaps if you say that and provide some evidence I can have a go. You are the one that sounds defensive to me but you provide no good reason.

51 minutes ago, Patiti said:

The new board and CEO of TAB NZ will determine the future distributions and not be bound by RITA, I believe.

All problematic .

Also new criteria in act limiting pay outs.

Just have to wait and see.

TAB NZ replaces RITA Patiti, and the RITA Board will stay in place until a new one is commissioned. Will be interesting to see the make up of that.

Leggy, my response was directed at Pam who made an unwarranted and unnecessary post criticising me for daring to ask a question of you. It is my understanding, that in recent times funding from pokies has gone towards supporting the RIU

Harness Racing turnover this season is down on even the Greyhound turnover on far less race meetings and actual races of course. The new boarrd is going to face a very dificult decision at it's initial meeting, given that it takes control on the 1st August. RITA and the codes will need to make sure competent people are appointed quickly, and if it is to make any progress these people will need to be prepared to make compromises

13 minutes ago, Stables said:

Leggy, my response was directed at Pam who made an unwarranted and unnecessary post criticising me for daring to ask a question of you. It is my understanding, that in recent times funding from pokies has gone towards supporting the RIU

It wasn't the question that invoked my rebuke....questioning is how we become informed, after all, and should be welcomed.

It was the inference that a poster with experience of long standing in the industry, as well as significant academic achievement has ' no idea what he is talking about '.

7 hours ago, Leggy said:

Which bit of that don't you understand?

Leggy forget the smart answers please.
If you are so sure, help us understand why the other two codes are subsidising thoroughbreds!

48 minutes ago, Stables said:

That is correct. Integrity used to be funded by wagering revenue.

Pam, Im not aware of Leggy's Significant academic achievement and neither would it have made any difference to my post. As another poster stated he was responding with smart answers which left everybody wondering what he was talking about. If he knows more why doesn't he tell us instead of making posts that inferred we were all ignorant and only he had the answers. There are many of us on this site with considerable experience and involvement in racing and also have very succesful academic backgrounds

1 hour ago, Insider said:

Leggy forget the smart answers please.
If you are so sure, help us understand why the other two codes are subsidising thoroughbreds!

I don't know why if that's the case Insider. I assume it's because the thoroughbreds have some influence that the other codes can't overcome.

2 hours ago, Stables said:

Pam, Im not aware of Leggy's Significant academic achievement and neither would it have made any difference to my post. As another poster stated he was responding with smart answers which left everybody wondering what he was talking about. If he knows more why doesn't he tell us instead of making posts that inferred we were all ignorant and only he had the answers. There are many of us on this site with considerable experience and involvement in racing and also have very succesful academic backgrounds

Stables, i like you but if you are going to play the Academia Card you need to check your spelling. 😕 Legs is good no doubt, but hes not perfect , so fair call 😃

3 minutes ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Getting back on subject , any owners happy about 300 missing races coming up this season , 1500 cheques going begging , I know I'm not f**n happy , once again who's taken rita to task.

They seem to be puffing their chest out and patting themselves on the head

I suppose you could have more races but there's still only $x to spread out amongst them.