RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Crowd at Whanganui.

I see T Lee calling at Wanganui , was wondering why then heard George calling the greyhounds and he mentioned trots up north tonight so A white must be calling them . So is T Lee back on board for CD racing or is he just on call when needed , as in this instance . Two callers for the north island was always going to be short of requirements .

Shame the trackside radio has gone as I’d have had the blue tooth headphones on all day while working . Would of put a few bets on , listened to trainer interviews tips etc .Listening to wall to wall simulcast racing doesn’t work unfortunately . Anyway hope all oncourse and those racing had a great day .

10 minutes ago, puha said:

Shame the trackside radio has gone as I’d have had the blue tooth headphones on all day while working . Would of put a few bets on , listened to trainer interviews tips etc .Listening to wall to wall simulcast racing doesn’t work unfortunately . Anyway hope all oncourse and those racing had a great day .

When working I listen to the TAB site simulcast of Trackside TV using my phone or laptop (depends on where I am). Just click on the Radio icon next to the Watch icons.  It's better than nothing when you are unable to sit in front of a screen of some kind to watch the action

1 hour ago, Sobeit said:

When working I listen to the TAB site simulcast of Trackside TV using my phone or laptop (depends on where I am). Just click on the Radio icon next to the Watch icons.  It's better than nothing when you are unable to sit in front of a screen of some kind to watch the action

Know what your saying but it’s not designed for all day radio listening .Cheers anyway .

Yes a very good crowd at Wanganui racecourse on a cold day, likely more than before because we have all been missing the experience during the racing hiatus.

Great to see T Lee commentating despite the rumors he was finished, and there were tote operators!

Pick up the Whanganui Chronicle in the cafe this morning and not one mention that there were races in town yesterday. How has it got to this?

Our NZTR leaders better start announcing their marketing and promotion plan for the future or we will become a (more) forgotten industry.

31 minutes ago, Peter R S said:

Yes a very good crowd at Wanganui racecourse on a cold day, likely more than before because we have all been missing the experience during the racing hiatus.

Great to see T Lee commentating despite the rumors he was finished, and there were tote operators!

Pick up the Whanganui Chronicle in the cafe this morning and not one mention that there were races in town yesterday. How has it got to this?

Our NZTR leaders better start announcing their marketing and promotion plan for the future or we will become a (more) forgotten industry.

Why isn’t loveracing and their marketing team onto that ? Be better than preaching to the converted .

2 hours ago, Peter R S said:

Newspapers are struggling now for survival, they are hardly going to publish something that 95% of people in Wanganui couldn't care less about. Doesn't increase readership or help with advertising. It is a wasted avenue anyway, they are not read by anyone under 50 which surely is the demographic that racing needs to target. Social media is the key driver for the future, its low cost and reaches far. 

2 hours ago, Peter R S said:

Dont you think those that the Clubs should be advertising meetings that they are having. Newspapers are expensive to advertise but we do some flyers putting them in pub, shop windows and using advertise on community pages on facebook. People do see if and we often get a good response

13 minutes ago, barryb said:

Newspapers are struggling now for survival, they are hardly going to publish something that 95% of people in Wanganui couldn't care less about. Doesn't increase readership or help with advertising. It is a wasted avenue anyway, they are not read by anyone under 50 which surely is the demographic that racing needs to target. Social media is the key driver for the future, its low cost and reaches far. 

It's sort of funny the stuff papers,on one hand they have most of their content online,thus meaning less people by papers then they are asking for donations to keep afloat ,strange aye.

25 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Barry newspapers are struggling for copy. Just stuff to fill an issue. so racing should not be in a weak position to get copy printed.

Have you seen how thick a Herald is (no pun intended)

Nope, have looked at it in 3yrs, don't have a reason too.

I think loveracing have done good with their website in recent years, I use it primarily to look up the racing calendar, race starts, nominations, breeding & replays, it's also the only website which promotes the Jockey & Trainer premiership. The replay function has improved immensely in recent times, a few years ago I use to have a lot of issues with buffering, it's now almost instant. I do like what racing.com offer with their last 400m replays, the final 400m is bookmarked and plays on from that start point, when short time it's really handy.

Loveracing do most of their work online, so if you aren't connected to that space then you won't be engaging with any of their work. Racing is very much what you know, who you know and isn't inviting to people who don't know where to go.

5 hours ago, Leggy said:

Have you seen how thick the people that still read it are?

Thats rude. I read it. Essential if you are an investor. Few of us are on a fat pension and need to be financially literate.

22 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Thats rude. I read it. Essential if you are an investor. Few of us are on a fat pension and need to be financially literate.

Good luck with your day old news then and the Herald as a financial literacy informant.

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Nothing I've seen in the last ten years to suggest there has ever been a 'marketing team.'

Think they had two paid employees oncourse yesterday .Nothing against the people but a waste of funds IMO

On 6/25/2020 at 7:55 PM, puha said:

Know what your saying but it’s not designed for all day radio listening .Cheers anyway .

I agree it isn't ideal, but it is better than nothing.  Personally, I think it is worth keeping a single dollar in my account for.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:43 AM, Peter R S said:

Are you blind? The full fields were in the Chronicle.