RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nicky47

WTF is going on???

What monkeys/idiots are now running this RITA.Same monkeys,LESS? peanuts.Fancy a raceday with NO publication of fields to bet on.My local bookseller said he got emails confirming publication to resume,but didn't arrive.I don't know about others,but I'm not interested in Thursdays trackwork,can google it if wanted,nut not many horses do gut busting trackwork 2-3 days b4 racing.Load it with Tuesday trackwork,trials,and judicial reports, the rest to fit in.I buy it to punt,not breeding and tips from some so called tipsters,whom I wouldn't give $10 to punt for me.If you Don't provide the product,how can you expect to succeed.The house was NOT rattled hard enough. 

Peter Earley's video tribute resonated with me, when he was a young boy he attended the racetrack and was tipped a horse to bet - it won and that started his love for racing (roughly the gist of it). The tipster would have never thought anything of it, but that information built a racing legacy, 50 years of content and contribution to racing.

We live in a day and age where punters want more information than they can chew, to restrict it is the biggest mistake

1 hour ago, Berri said:

My recollection was having a bet on a horse called Numulous (by Hasty Cloud) at Te Aroha in probably 1973 and it won. Never looked back until now

My 2nd bet was about 1967 at Feilding,Tramore,Danny Gower from Stratford trainer,paid 53 an 12 pound.A few races later,Aquarelle,Harold Webby trainer.Thought how easy was this new game.53 yrs later,wished I'd lost my 10 pound.But met some great people.

@Berri and others..

With a Best Bets Form Guide or weekly Racing Publication in one's back pocket & in the teachers curriculum vitae to teach children about all aspects of horses,  veterinary practices, land management and educate current and upcoming generations of the importance of inclusion of all creatures great & small just like Joel Chandler Harris who wrote under the name "Uncle Remus",  Walt Disney did with mice & Mickey Mouse and Gyo Fujikawa and Christian K Nelson did with the Eskimo Pie around 100 years and more ago to embrace people with animals and animals with people for the betterment of society.

GF worked as part of  Walt Disney's Team of 4.

They all did things for the greater good of humanity with animals and children.

Remember that both Uncle Remus & Walt Disney started their lives using Tar to do their artwork - due to lack of means & materials available, JCH was an Irish boy who grew up with his mum and left home at 14 to work in the newspaper industry on the plantations where he mixed with children of another race, and Gyo who faced challenges as an Asian American all growing up in USA who have all touched our lives through clever communications.

Look under Google including images to join the connection of young children & people regardless of status and colour.

There's a lesson in the stories and illustrations of old that helped heal civil unrest that needs to come to the fore to get the Racing and general economies world wide back up and running.

They all have had success in media.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:23 PM, Nicky47 said:

My 2nd bet was about 1967 at Feilding,Tramore,Danny Gower from Stratford trainer,paid 53 an 12 pound.A few races later,Aquarelle,Harold Webby trainer.Thought how easy was this new game.53 yrs later,wished I'd lost my 10 pound.But met some great people.

I remember going to Awapuni as a kid around Easter-they used to hand out horse numbers on bits of paper to kids and if your horse won you swapped your number for an easter egg. A practise that would no doubt be frowned upon now but certainly enjoyed by me! Otherwise, though too young to bet yet I would pick a horse by reading the form and comments from Dads racebook. Always finalised after seeing how they looked in the parade ring of course. 

On 6/25/2020 at 12:29 PM, Berri said:

My recollection was having a bet on a horse called Numulous (by Hasty Cloud) at Te Aroha in probably 1973 and it won. Never looked back until now

Hasty Cloud stood at Edgar Jones stud in Timaru I think... went ok, and also stood Massowa I think ... long time ago...

44. 1955 Toparoa

1955 Toparoa b.g. 1948 Massowa - Miss Sally 18 Fam

Jockey: N. Sellwood Trainer: T.J. Smith

Toparoa, a plain seven-year-old gelding, was the first Cup winner of the champion Trainer: Tommy Smith and he was ridden by the internationally celebrated jockey Neville Sellwood. In beating Rising Fast, who humped 63kg, into second place, Toparoa stymied what would have been a fabulous feat as the champion New Zealander had won the Caulfield Cup-Melbourne Cup double in 1954 and had also won the Caulfield Cup in 1955.

Source:dailytelegraph.com.au

ED7BFFD6-718A-4DFE-A049-678AFD526219.jpeg