RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

A highlight of many of our problems

I love British racing for many reasons but this story on Battash covers so many reasons why. The first is that I know we are talking about some of the best horses around the World. This reason why this can be asserted is due to the pattern of their races, the rating system of their horses (where Timeform and the Racing Post benchmark ratings against the "official rating") and the quality of reporting in the UK. The reporting of their horses produces stories that are entertaining, are expressive but still educational to the point of invigorating.

Take this following story. I was amased that a stable hand could work for the same stable for 33 years. I thought how could that happen in NZ until I realised that stable hands in certain stables in England received 8% of the stakes. The shortage of skilled trackwork riders is a problem all over the World. John Gosden is closely involved in efforts to lobby the Government to re-designate work riding as a skilled occupation for immigration visa purposes, a task that will become even more urgent once Britain leaves the EU, with the expected end to the free movement of people that will entail.

So back t this article, it cleverly creates a persona for Battash. Have a read....it's what we lack in this country in our industry....

https://www.racingpost.com/news/members/insight/battaash-from-a-bat-out-of-hell-to-the-most-electrifying-talent-in-racing/438984