RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

$100,000 Group 1's

That is on the table I believe for our great racing future..with the rest below that..what a laughing stock we have become..and so far how many of the big wigs have been fired for the debacle...ZERO!!!! Hang your heads in SHAME..you have destroyed racing as we know it...lets see how far off the mark I am.

2 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Absolutely has to happen. We have to get stakes aligned with what races earn from the wagering on them and that may be too high. Higher stakes for those races need to be otherwise funded.

Agree and which fields justify more than those stakes in NZ, I can't think of any.

Hopefully this begins to bring everything into line like yearling prices, stud fees etc etc

Just now, Charlie Bukowski said:

Interesting to see how Vela is going to tackle the Karaka $1,000,000 stake

There will be a big fanfare around they've done an amazing job to come up with 100k for the Group 1s

Oh did we mention the 7k minimun stake , just for now of course......

Good point, you'd have to think there will be a massive PR campaigh around how much they have done for the industry etc

1 minute ago, Huey said:

Agree and which fields justify more than those stakes in NZ, I can't think of any.

Hopefully this begins to bring everything into line like yearling prices, stud fees etc etc

Great news. They may be finally starting to get their shit together.

Just now, Stables said:

The unfotunate result of your argument is that top class shuttle stallions simply won't come here as it would be uneconomic to do so

Exactly. It's probably not economical.

2 minutes ago, Stables said:

The unfotunate result of your argument is that top class shuttle stallions simply won't come here as it would be uneconomic to do so

Undoubtedly true, but then perhaps poor breeders can stop losing money on dumping them on the likes of Gavelhouse etc. I know the studs have got to make a quid as well , but some of the fees given our price money , participation levels and interest are insane, when we are mostly a breed to race venue and hope to sell.

41 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Absolutely has to happen. We have to get stakes aligned with what races earn from the wagering on them and that may be too high. Higher stakes for those races need to be otherwise funded.

So if thats the TOP what will happen to the bottom...can only go lower, how could this possibly be good for anyone..I for one will not race here anything I buy or own a share it will be off across the Tasman..and why wouldn't you..mad not to.

19 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

So if thats the TOP what will happen to the bottom...can only go lower, how could this possibly be good for anyone..I for one will not race here anything I buy or own a share it will be off across the Tasman..and why wouldn't you..mad not to.

The bottom will be just fine if lett alone, those are the people that really love the game and they'll probably do it anyway many of them.

I always get a laugh out of people threatening to take horses to Australia like you just up and go and win races it isn't easy thats why most just threaten to go. Have a look at the fields at Ballarat today racing for 22.5k and think youre just going to win races for fun over there.

Not to mention does the NZ TAB really care if you race them over there? After all you can still bet on them here.

20 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I'm mildly excited to hear this news if it's true. A decade or so late in coming but it seems that NZTR are finally tackling a few key issues. This is one. Aligning stakes with the revenue the events earn. Also, trialling a new programming model with the open entry thig. Trying to focus racing in proximity to the horse populations. And looking at getting more suitable and competitive track surfaces in action. You can always still go to Oz for the big money whenever you want but getting things here on a sustainable and growing basis has to happen. They probably don't/won't have it all right but it seems like a hopeful start to me.

8 minutes ago, Huey said:

The bottom will be just fine if lett alone, those are the people that really love the game and they'll probably do it anyway many of them.

I always get a laugh out of people threatening to take horses to Australia like you just up and go and win races it isn't easy thats why most just threaten to go. Have a look at the fields at Ballarat today racing for 22.5k and think youre just going to win races for fun over there.

Not to mention does the NZ TAB really care if you race them over there? After all you can still bet on them here.

Yip. No biggie. Can still help fund NZ racing. NZ punters will still like to bet on NZ horses racing in OZ. If owners want to race for higher stakes then by all means go there. We have to get the thing on a sound commercial basis here and this sounds like a step in the right direction. You can have a go in a 100k race here or 100k race in Oz. Your choice.

If this 100k is true then our worst dreams will realise, every achieving trainer, owner will travel west followed by those who want to give it a go. 

Meantime those that caused the disaster survive

But we all knew it would be very bad, but this bad, never 

2 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

If this 100k is true then our worst dreams will realise, every achieving trainer, owner will travel west followed by those who want to give it a go. 

Don't see anything bad about it. Sensible maybe.

4 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Really? I'm surprised they are suggesting $100k.

1 minute ago, TurnyTom said:

If the 100k is for real, they will no longer be Group 1 races, simple as that

Does that matter?

Might be some Covid leeway on that though with the Asian Pattern Committee though.