RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pilli

RIP Steve Clark

Sad News broke today that highly respected Northern Trainer Steve Clark had passed away suddenly.

Steve had a lifetime association in The Greyhound Code,harking back to Kumeu Days during the 1970's.

After mixing his  business career & greyhounds as hobby,The New Millennium saw Steve get serious & devote all his time to building up a strong Racing Team.

From his Dairy Flat Kennel,alongside partner Kathy,he tasted Group One success for the first time in time honoured Waterloo Cup 2008 with Magic Spike,They also combined to win NZ Shootout in same year

Steve enjoyed mass publicity due to deeds of star stayer Swift Fantasy,a dual Group One winner in Silver Collar 2010,and NZ Stayers Cup 2011.

A rare Group One Quinella followed in 2012 NZ Derby,with a litter he bred and reared seeing Grizz and Peking Tom starring.

Another home bred Blitzing Mayhem gave Steve his first NZ Cup victory in 2014,a celebration lasted long into the night next day at Sefton Arms.(thanks Steve)

Recent years saw a change in property and downsizing his team,but another quality hound gave Steve his second NZ Cup on mantelpiece with Pinny Mack in 2019.

Ironically,Pinny Mack was favourite today at Manukau In The Peter Earley Classic,his final race in a stellar broadcasting career.However,like Steve,his runners never made it to the start'.

Thanks Steve for the many trips to the races,and thrills galore helping with your runners on the track.

Condolences to your Daughters, Grandkids ,and Kathy.

Extremely surprised by the lack of comments on this thread. I didn’t know Steve but he was a great trainer. As a punter I really enjoyed backing his dogs, a few of my favourites would have to be Blitzing Mayhem, Lady Shambi, Piggy Back. Did a great job without having the numbers of the farmers. R.I.P Steve. 

12 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Extremely surprised by the lack of comments on this thread. I didn’t know Steve but he was a great trainer. As a punter I really enjoyed backing his dogs, a few of my favourites would have to be Blitzing Mayhem, Lady Shambi, Piggy Back. Did a great job without having the numbers of the farmers. R.I.P Steve. 

Watch trackside after the 1st race today 12.02 going to be a item on Steve.

Last had a yarn to Steve about three years ago when went up to Auckland and convinced one of my friends to take me to the track for the Sunday arvo.

Always good for a chat and will miss that chance again when I head north for a visit to the track.

R.I.P. Steve