RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

First day back

8 minutes ago, puha said:

Well that was absolutely pathetic!  No Radio coverage or build up on a Saturday morning , no interviews with trainers or jockeys , no oncourse presenters .no after race excitement. Can it get any Farking worse ?

Hey don't knock it we still got to hear Sween's and Rodders share their electric banter .

On a serious note tho , the lack of all the above will show up in turnover figures , once the "we're back " shine wears off .

Was all a bit low key tho , hopefully when better quality horses start appearing things will perk up .

5 hours ago, puha said:

Whats the marketing arm of Loveracing doing to increase interest and turnover ?

What budget do they have to work with?

They were active on Instagram from what I saw which is a start.

Get used  to this Puha, this is the new norm for racing, Kiwis are just not interested in boring slow gambling.

Lacking bookmakers, zero atmosphere & independent marketing, combined with Hobnobs & Wankers shunning new participants for yrs.

Look at club memberships, they are stagnant, tells a story in itself. Grey suited over 65s white males totally dominate, hardly the demographic known for outside the box thinking.

A sad reality of a sunset industry with a very limited lifespan in incredibly difficult times.

10 hours ago, barryb said:

What budget do they have to work with?

They were active on Instagram from what I saw which is a start.

Get used  to this Puha, this is the new norm for racing, Kiwis are just not interested in boring slow gambling.

Lacking bookmakers, zero atmosphere & independent marketing, combined with Hobnobs & Wankers shunning new participants for yrs.

Look at club memberships, they are stagnant, tells a story in itself. Grey suited over 65s white males totally dominate, hardly the demographic known for outside the box thinking.

A sad reality of a sunset industry with a very limited lifespan in incredibly difficult times.

Don’t knock us 66 year olds ha ha. All my suits are  black so I’m probably exempt 

5 hours ago, Don't You Believe It said:

They would have the turnover numbers by the next day.  The fact that no press releases have shouted out how strong the turnover was can be read as they are weak.  Happy to be shown otherwise.

$93k on course at pukekohe 

nearly $2m off course

26 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

$93k on course at pukekohe 

nearly $2m off course

Is that good ? We never see the figures any more so iv'e got no idea if that's shite or absolutely smashing it . Hope you guys are happy and you had a great day anyway . How did the track hold up ?

39 minutes ago, nomates said:

Is that good ? We never see the figures any more so iv'e got no idea if that's shite or absolutely smashing it . Hope you guys are happy and you had a great day anyway . How did the track hold up ?

The track played host to 11 races for the day with full fields and held up well in the winter conditions. The fact that we had so many races demonstrates that many owners and trainers were keen to get back to the races with their horses and see them perform despite the open entry system adopted for the remainder of the season.

The track has come through the day well and track manager Emery White is confident it will be back in shape for our next meeting here on Wednesday 15th July.

47 minutes ago, Stables said:

Those figures are extremely good Shane. If that momentum continues it won't take too long to turn things round

Thanks Stables. Would you roughly show us how that turnover would produce sufficient net revenue to cover stakes and meeting costs etc. please?

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

Thanks Stables. Would you roughly show us how that turnover would produce sufficient net revenue to cover stakes and meeting costs etc. please?

No need to Leggy, on a normal Saturday that would be spilt across 2-3 meetings, this was a 1 meeting Saturday with 11 races.

Good figures for 1 meeting for sure,  very soon we are 2 meetings Saturday July and then lets see how the results look.

20 minutes ago, barryb said:

No need to Leggy, on a normal Saturday that would be spilt across 2-3 meetings, this was a 1 meeting Saturday with 11 races.

Good figures for 1 meeting for sure,  very soon we are 2 meetings Saturday July and then lets see how the results look.

About the same total spend are you guessing?

52 minutes ago, barryb said:

Absolutely, don't see a reason why it wont be.

Fighting over dunny paper in lockdown is one thing, but all of a sudden a doubling of punting investment is just not happening.

I would think 90%+of punters have a set limit , give or take a few dollars , they can lose each week . I don't know too many who punt indiscriminately because of bottomless wallets .

3 hours ago, nomates said:

I would think 90%+of punters have a set limit , give or take a few dollars , they can lose each week . I don't know too many who punt indiscriminately because of bottomless wallets .

The figure quoted was turnover not amount lost.

Gambling outlets whatever they are work on the principle that money turned over many times is eventually lost, How many times have you heard punters say that I am betting there money?. They find shitloads more bets all of a sudden during the day in the hope of turning a small win into a big one, to in the vast majority of cases end up losing by days end.

Pokies work really well by players starting small, get a nice win and they up bet size to eventually lose most of the winning if not the lot. Racing is no different, just takes longer to happen.

3 hours ago, barryb said:

The figure quoted was turnover not amount lost.

Gambling outlets whatever they are work on the principle that money turned over many times is eventually lost, How many times have you heard punters say that I am betting there money?. They find shitloads more bets all of a sudden during the day in the hope of turning a small win into a big one, to in the vast majority of cases end up losing by days end.

Pokies work really well by players starting small, get a nice win and they up bet size to eventually lose most of the winning if not the lot. Racing is no different, just takes longer to happen.

I still don't think that the powers that be get this. The evidence is global. It doesn't matter how many ways you take it but punters will still only lose pretty much the same amount. You can have more or less events, more bet types, lotto style bets, in play or in running bets, point of consumption taxes, whatever. You are only collecting the same punter losses in different ways and possibly at a greater cost.

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

I still don't think that the powers that be get this. The evidence is global. It doesn't matter how many ways you take it but punters will still only lose pretty much the same amount. You can have more or less events, more bet types, lotto style bets, in play or in running bets, point of consumption taxes, whatever. You are only collecting the same punter losses in different ways and possibly at a greater cost.

Exactly , thats why any innovation should be mainly directed at encouraging new blood. I'm not sure thats been done very well here if at all.

On 6/24/2020 at 9:01 PM, barryb said:

Absolutely, don't see a reason why it wont be.

Fighting over dunny paper in lockdown is one thing, but all of a sudden a doubling of punting investment is just not happening.

I was looking at it more from a total turnover for the day.  One meeting alone will always do better than sharing punter interest across two.  A typical Sat should be doing $6-7m turnover - are they anywhere near that?  They used to publish the stats but I can't find any so assume the worst.