RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
EsquireNZ

TVNZ Sunday Program

Only 8 countries still Now holding greyhound meetings.

Can anyone provide stats on where this number ( of countries)  was in 2010 and 2000?

First time I’ve seen Glenda Hughes on TV. Completely shallow.

7 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Only 8 countries still Now holding greyhound meetings.

Can anyone provide stats on where this number ( of countries)  was in 2010 and 2000?

First time I’ve seen Glenda Hughes on TV. Completely shallow.

Yeah.  Don't know what I expected but I thought she was appalling.

It just goes to show you the people running the 3 codes are way out of touch. Need more grassroots from the codes having more imput but the will never happen now that the goverment appoints most of these positions. After nearly 30 years being involved in 2 of the codes I fear for this industry going forward.

The thing that brasses me off is that some ignorant arsehole, with no qualifications whatsoever can get on TV with a whole programme based around his unfounded allegations. By doing that he is putting at risk a whole industry employing hundreds of people. If there was no greyhound racing there would be no greyhounds as there would be no point breeding them

43 minutes ago, Stables said:

The thing that brasses me off is that some ignorant arsehole, with no qualifications whatsoever can get on TV with a whole programme based around his unfounded allegations. By doing that he is putting at risk a whole industry employing hundreds of people. If there was no greyhound racing there would be no greyhounds as there would be no point breeding them

unfortunately it's just the world we live in at the moment.....

greyhound racing horse racing dairy farming all stock farming i guess,fishing equestrian whitebaiting nothing is safe from these activities.....

the thing that pisses me off is they get offered platforms to spread there crap/lies and propaganda....

normally it's Tv3 thats happy to give them air time but when TV1 starts getting in on the act makes it a bit harder to swallow as its our own tax dollars stabbing us all in the back.......

greyhound racing has made massive improvements in animal welfare over the past 10 years there will always be bad eggs but in general most people try their best and love their animals.....

i spend some time of the year at the local freezing works in season 8000 lambs a day and 400 cattle never seen 1 activist at the gate in 13 years......

does not fit their agenda as most of the activists are probably sitting down for a lamb chop about now......

Agree with the sentiments here ,however our own participants are giving the ammo it’s only going to take one petition or member of parliament to get there teeth into us and we are goneburger.With the Cole case coming up that could be the fatal blow Been racing for 52 years and only lost one dog on track.Dont bury your heads in the sand the threat is very real .Very sad news about Steve yesterday my thoughts with his family.

1 hour ago, shodsie said:

unfortunately it's just the world we live in at the moment.....

greyhound racing horse racing dairy farming all stock farming i guess,fishing equestrian whitebaiting nothing is safe from these activities.....

the thing that pisses me off is they get offered platforms to spread there crap/lies and propaganda....

normally it's Tv3 thats happy to give them air time but when TV1 starts getting in on the act makes it a bit harder to swallow as its our own tax dollars stabbing us all in the back.......

greyhound racing has made massive improvements in animal welfare over the past 10 years there will always be bad eggs but in general most people try their best and love their animals.....

i spend some time of the year at the local freezing works in season 8000 lambs a day and 400 cattle never seen 1 activist at the gate in 13 years......

does not fit their agenda as most of the activists are probably sitting down for a lamb chop about now......

It dont help when you dont see your trainer,putting his dogs on the gap list, he isnt the only one but you never see the big two with dogs on the list.

your trainer??? 

i do not not have a trainer joe........

if you want to make it personal the last dog i owned is sitting on my couch so send your frustrations someone else's way........

the "big two" should be made to follow the rules like everybody else last time i looked the head office was in wellington jackson st petone 3rd floor pop in and ask the question........

9 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

You know who I'm talking about dont play silly games 

i'm sure you have good intentions joe but i've learnt over the years greyhound folk make good keyboard warriors,if you have problems with people ring them.........

the last guy who trained a dog i had a share in died yesterday previous to that i have probably had 10 trainers over the years so forgive me for not understanding who you mean by "your trainer"

1 hour ago, Watsup said:

Agree with the sentiments here ,however our own participants are giving the ammo it’s only going to take one petition or member of parliament to get there teeth into us and we are goneburger.With the Cole case coming up that could be the fatal blow Been racing for 52 years and only lost one dog on track.Dont bury your heads in the sand the threat is very real .Very sad news about Steve yesterday my thoughts with his family.

You need to wonder if the Sunday programe was aired at this point of time to bring it to the general publics attention to let the concerns smoulder and when and if the Cole case goes public it will be like throwing petrol on the smouldering fire and then wait for the reactions.wouldnt be surpised if the anties saw this as a oppturnity.

6 minutes ago, shodsie said:

i'm sure you have good intentions joe but i've learnt over the years greyhound folk make good keyboard warriors,if you have problems with people ring them.........

the last guy who trained a dog i had a share in died yesterday previous to that i have probably had 10 trainers over the years so forgive me for not understanding who you mean by "your trainer"

You stick up for cole thatmuch that it's not funny his court case starts on Thursday when he gets found guilty are you going to be so buddy buddy with him

you mean "does it"?

i guess you just can't communicate with some people...

your just another good example of why to stay away from the greyhound section on racecafe, you have cured me for a wee while anyway.......

thanks for that...........

On 6/22/2020 at 5:35 PM, Stables said:

Alert and warning to call out the BS propaganda & media wolf in sheeps clothing.

Info "project counterglow" (interactive map and database of animal enterprises) & Farm Transparency Map (Australia) are universal/world organized campaigns of networked farm & animal extremists  

A site - protecttheharvest.com uncovers & alerts method, application & agenda used. 

What I found most disturbing about this programme as opposed to the multitude of other times he's been on TV ranting is the final words before the show ended.. "the SPCA were approached for comment and they to don't condone greyhound racing". I've always said that the day the SPCA turns against the sport then its doomed, I now fear that greyhound racing's day's are very very numbered. 

They went with the angle of 'Taxpayers money was spent on this' which was clever on their part aswell, and got me thinking.. this makes the sport much more accountable in terms of this 'social licence' thing we hear about, it engages the public much more on the issue and means they are far more likely to form an opinion.

I feel like we've gotten too big for our boots, stick your neck out it gets chopped off. What I mean by this is we've gone far too professional...all about pumping out gambling product...allowing certain greyhound trainers to become Millionaires!! We've strayed too far away from being the great amateur/hobby sport we once were ,which I feel would be much more palatable and sustainable in the eyes of 'society'.

Lots of us have been saying it for ages, how did we allow people to bred hundreds of dogs..??

How did we allow people to rape the game of millions of dollars??Should've kept it hobby guys, you'll all wish you had, got too greedy, got too big for your boots.

3 hours ago, Lowdown said:

They went with the angle of 'Taxpayers money was spent on this' which was clever on their part aswell, and got me thinking.. this makes the sport much more accountable in terms of this 'social licence' thing we hear about, it engages the public much more on the issue and means they are far more likely to form an opinion.

I feel like we've gotten too big for our boots, stick your neck out it gets chopped off. What I mean by this is we've gone far too professional...all about pumping out gambling product...allowing certain greyhound trainers to become Millionaires!! We've strayed too far away from being the great amateur/hobby sport we once were ,which I feel would be much more palatable and sustainable in the eyes of 'society'.

Lots of us have been saying it for ages, how did we allow people to bred hundreds of dogs..??

How did we allow people to rape the game of millions of dollars??Should've kept it hobby guys, you'll all wish you had, got too greedy, got too big for your boots.

I agree with your appraisal, but I don't believe the present situation is driven by GR. They have been dictated to by the TAB who have lost control, GR has no idea how to turn the situation around. GR has been used and abused for some time, used to keep the turnover ticking over yet shown absolutely no respect in the process. GR race six times a week, sadly necessary due to the high numbers of dogs allowed to be bred. The model is flawed, the monopolies I agree, rape and pillage. The situation can be fixed but alas there is no will. Globally racing is on the decline, NZ is no exception. Customers have walked for a multitude of reasons, the most notable the TAB's arrogance and lack of competitiveness.

For most, GR does not provide the opportunity to earn a living wage, how long can they hold on for? Will stakes be reduced next season? If participants walk away, racing is doomed, reduced numbers make it very easy to shut it down.