RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Attn: Trainers. Update your Websites

PLEASE !

Its a different ball game now. No trackside Radio.No  Oncourse interviews. No RACEFORM.

Punters don't really want tips but they do need information e.g how forward a horse is?. what is the stable reputation? Any hiccups operations? Opinion on handling track conditions.etc etc

Its a small minded attitude depriving the public of info just in case the owner may want a punt.

I note Baker Racing website latest news is from 2015. Perhaps there is stuff on twitter but really whats the point of having the website if its out of date.

Apart from having an up to date website, Tony Gollan has a telecast for all his Stable Clients every Friday where he sums up the chances of ALL his runners over the weekend of racing. Discusses track conditions also. Very informative. It’s all part of the communication process of any successful business. Gollan is the leading Qld .Trainer.

13 hours ago, Trump said:

Apart from having an up to date website, Tony Gollan has a telecast for all his Stable Clients every Friday where he sums up the chances of ALL his runners over the weekend of racing. Discusses track conditions also. Very informative. It’s all part of the communication process of any successful business. Gollan is the leading Qld .Trainer.

As far as NZ goes then Te Akau would have to be the stand out. Probably a stand out on the world stage. However even then a bit frustrating. Often it seems a robot is doing the previews. Like this horse draws 6, last time ran 7th etc etc. and is a first 4 chance. 

Logan Racing started out brilliantly. Excellent summation of a horses charateristics and some worthwhile info. Then it seems Donna or Chris employed a robot i.e. software program that just elongated what was in the race fields for a preview.

Wexford Stables was OK hope they carry on.

Now NZTR will pat themselves on the back saying they are doing interviews. But isn't that an expense. Shouldn't they be  encouraging trainers to promote themselves via a website. Seems all NZTR cares about is US US US. i.e. its all about NZTR doing something.

14 hours ago, Trump said:

What did he say about A Man To Match last week? A bit of money for him at longish odds, had a perfect run and didn't fire a shot.

2 hours ago, Barry Lichter said:

slam dunk.

Have you not checked out https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/

Yes. Terrific. You have obviously employed the same style from your previous news website. Can I say that the style is the best news format I have seen anywhere on the internet. That includes nytimes, BBC and all those. Big pity you closed your site.

I have to admit I don't practice what I preach. If you go through clipform.net I haven't changed much in 20 years. However the pics i.e turn and finish I still haven't seen on any site. There is West Australia and previously I've done Singapore,  harness racing, Australian racing etc etc. Harness racing was great particulary for sprint racing e.g. mile times. Biggest problem for me has been the knockers. Ever since I demo'd the site to p4p he has been on personal vendetta ever since. So rather than have hassles I've just left development in abeyance.

10 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

What did he say about A Man To Match last week? A bit of money for him at longish odds, had a perfect run and didn't fire a shot.

I didn’t watch the full report last Friday WD, only the first few min of his race 2 summary because I had one in that race - which he trains. He labeled it his best each way bet at 10/1 and it ran a very good 2nd paying $3.80. Got $12,000 for running 2nd so good result. Tony Gollan does all his his own telecasts and goes thru all his runners. But you only get to see it if you have a horse in the Stable. He’s got about 95 so quite a big stable. As for Man to Match. He’s been disappointing this time in and I’m picking he’ll be turned out. 

4 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Yes. Terrific. You have obviously employed the same style from your previous news website. Can I say that the style is the best news format I have seen anywhere on the internet. That includes nytimes, BBC and all those. Big pity you closed your site.

I have to admit I don't practice what I preach. If you go through clipform.net I haven't changed much in 20 years. However the pics i.e turn and finish I still haven't seen on any site. There is West Australia and previously I've done Singapore,  harness racing, Australian racing etc etc. Harness racing was great particulary for sprint racing e.g. mile times. Biggest problem for me has been the knockers. Ever since I demo'd the site to p4p he has been on personal vendetta ever since. So rather than have hassles I've just left development in abeyance.

Best site I have seen!

Trainers and punters alike, many of whom are old school, need to accept 21st century progress. Though it took a while to accept like most new things, the internet is now an essential marketing tool. Just look at the word- it's an Interactive Network. There is always someone in the employ or family who is up with the play and can keep owners and sundry appraised of the stable and their horses on at least a weekly if not daily basis. Te Akau has been mentioned. Maybe sometimes a bit mundane but nevertheless current including Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday workouts. Punters too need to accept the demise of herald, Informant and Best Bets and get onto the net, find and save the information they seek. At the end of the day they'll disseminate the information to suit themselves anyway but the bottom line is things are different and we - owners, trainers, punters - need to approach things differntly too.

Website is the blackboard Huey and certainly Facebook is the place for quick daily updates and short videos as most are well capable of that.My point was mainly the acceptance of modern technology as a marketing tool. I'm sure new and younger participants would demand it. We relied on the Herald and Best Bets for many years but things are radically different now and regardless of our age we need to get with the programme (if we are interested enough), simply be left behind completely, or find new interests elsewhere which would be sad for the industry.

22 hours ago, Huey said:

Isn't the website a bit Old school now? Most trainers have reasonable Social Media accounts like FB or Twitter nowadays, seems much more functional , the website is dead .

facebook is more for the personal side like congratulations!! or good luck from the trainer to the owners.

twitter for day to day announcements can be OK. However if a trainer wants to advertise his business using current information alongside then the website is the most beneficial to the trainer and to punters who want racehorse profiles to refer to in the coming months.