RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tacula

BRENT SHIRLEY

59 minutes ago, tacula said:

Good on him for serving it up to Blair Orange. Normally Blair gets his own way in front but not this time.

I thought the same as it cost me the quaddie.

It is a legitimate case for the stipes to review though as the horse in question can not be deemed to have been given every opportunity to win. In fact it was given NO opportunity to win ( not that it did anyway )

Under the rules of Harness Racing he should have been charged with incompetent driving, fair enough to have a go for 2 or 300 metres but when the first 3 slipped away from the rest of the field he had ample opportunity to pull back and take a cover. He didn't so he should have the book thrown at him

2 hours ago, tacula said:

So misterEd you're saying a driver can try and prove a point at the  cost of his horse not getting the best opportunity to win.  

Yes and they can get away with it because all they have to say is the horse started pulling and I couldn't hold him or another lame excuse and the stipes swallow it hook line and sinker like they have always done since I have been watching for the last 40 years

11 hours ago, MisterEd said:

Yes and they can get away with it because all they have to say is the horse started pulling and I couldn't hold him or another lame excuse and the stipes swallow it hook line and sinker like they have always done since I have been watching for the last 40 years

Can the stipes most of whom haven't driven in a serious race, PROVE what the driver says is incorrect anyway.     

I just had a look at the race,that was a very poor drive,however you can watch lots of races especially in oz exactly the same,one thing I will say is that horse of Shirley's would go well over a mile,that's as far as it went yesty lol

I did see too much wrong. The horse never got within half a length of the leader so I wouldn't class that as attacking. The time and sectionals were nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps the horse he was driving is not much good. A lot of horses sitting parked stop 

Heading into the back straight the first time i think you ould class as attacking, got within a neck. The horses formline was 600x0. I'd say the horse isn;t that good - certainly not good enough to blast a  26-27sec first quarter