RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
meomy

Research that's caused harm to the Racing industries reputation

Over the years there's been Academic Research undertaken by universities that has influenced the public perception of our Racing industry, research that seems to be biased towards harm of having a flutter on Racing.

It's overdue those conducting the research without been held to account were held to account.

Academic papers are used for Public Policies, funding etc and influence people's opinions.

We have all seen & experienced the impacts of Modelling used with Covid19 & snowball effect.

It's time for a rethink about how Modelling and research in general is undertaken and accountability.

Note the timelines of the years of Professor Max Abbott, Problem Gambling  has done his research and how it's been used worldwide since the internet became more readily available.

Use screenshot info to source links to his & associates Research pprs.

Pluck them apart.

Where are the studies on the positives of having a day at the races, TAB & flutter on the Races?

Sorry we can't put links as not on laptop today.

@Leggy we have started a new topic for this as it deserves one of it's own as to a way forward to counter Abbott's works to get the publics perception of Racing back to where it belongs.

wp_ss_20200613_0002.png

wp_ss_20200613_0003.png

wp_ss_20200613_0004.png

wp_ss_20200613_0005.png

wp_ss_20200613_0006.png

wp_ss_20200613_0007.png

wp_ss_20200613_0008.png

wp_ss_20200613_0009.png

wp_ss_20200613_0010.png

I am quite familiar with a good number of those studies meomy. And many of them have nothing to do with racing but are focused on EGM activity.  I don't get what things like the presence of the internet and Covid related modelling have to do with anything either.

Anyway, you haven't answered my question. Can you give me an example of a specific paper that has wrongly had a detrimental effect on racing. Remember most of those are peer reviewed papers published in respected journals and subject to considerable further critical examination. Perhaps you would provide your own critique of the paper you choose and justify why it should not be used to inform policy decisions.

I wonder if my case should be submitted to the Problem Gambling Foundation which is funded by our country's punters.  I wanted to bet $50  that Max Abbott would get off scot free from the lurid accusations made against him at the Auckland University of Technology.

40 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I wonder if my case should be submitted to the Problem Gambling Foundation which is funded by our country's punters.  I wanted to bet $50  that Max Abbott would get off scot free from the lurid accusations made against him at the Auckland University of Technology.

And our wimpish TAB bookies wouldn't lay the bet? Not that he's been charged with anything to "get off".

1 hour ago, Tauhei Notts said:

that Max Abbott would get off scot free from the lurid accusations made against him 

The piece of work complaining about his "attentions" after she found a new consort admitted she had been "sexting" the said academic Abbott when she was no doubt trying to further her career. Surely the sweet young lady wouldn't transmit her credentials via such a medium. Always  easy to accuse but there is generally another side to the story unless of course you are a heterosexual, white male.