RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Archer

Bonus bets ?

Just watched my horse (Leg Work) come 4th, had a fixed win bet, go to the results page it says 5th !!!. 

Go back to race from page its shows 4th and first four result is fourth. 

Return to my account still no bonus !

This the second time this has occured and last time they didn't pay/fix it the bonus until 2 mins to the next race !

What the f gives ... 

What the fk, now I find my bonus bet is not my original bet amount but only a percentage !!

Fudge the TAB, that is me out for the day .......... I will use my OZ account for the quaddies this afternoon. 

Frigging thieves  ...  🤬

I put 30 a win on the horse, he ran 4th.

my bonus 30 dollars was to be put on another horse paying 1.80 a place, instead of getting a return of 54 dollars, it indicated my return was 24 dollars !!!

Apparently they deduct my bonus from the return divvy and give me whats left  .................. 

23 minutes ago, Archer said:

my bonus 30 dollars was to be put on another horse paying 1.80 a place, instead of getting a return of 54 dollars, it indicated my return was 24 dollars !!!

Apparently they deduct my bonus from the return divvy and give me whats left  .................. 

I don't think it's too bad imho,  basically your original losing bet only cost 6 bucks . Been using them a bit last few weeks,  keeps the account ticking over .

34 minutes ago, Archer said:

That's the way it has always been done since they started paying out bonus bets as fixed odds bets only. Also, when the results first go up all the placegetters from 4th back go up in racebook order, until they have the confirmed official placings back to last. So in your case no1 originally showed as 4th and your horse, no2, showed as 5th. Someone from the TAB should come on an explain all these things to disgruntled punters, but I suppose they have gotten rid of all the coal face people.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Correct. If you have $100 bet on a $3 shot you only get $200 in your account if your horse wins 

20 hours ago, Archer said:

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY WITH BONUS BETS...

9 minutes ago, Archer said:

Never again for this lad.  

Problem is they give a free bet and give stake plus winnings , it would be tough to lose . Bung max on horse loses , finishes 4th then Bung on a 1.01 shot in one of those Albion Park donkey races for a place and there's your lost bet back . It would be too easy , that's the problem I think they had .

Archer this is l play on nz tab

$10 win bet the two races if I get the bonus then take a $10 all up 2 horses and having a great run. 

Forget about straight out win bets go multi, I got 300 last week and 200 the week before, it is good fun

22 hours ago, Archer said:

Best you read the conditions instead of flying off the handle . 

22 hours ago, Archer said:

That is correct. It's their $30 you used for your bet, so you just get the profits which actually cost you nothing to get. 

17 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Correct. If you have $100 bet on a $3 shot you only get $200 in your account if your horse wins 

Effectively, yes, but realistically your account goes down $100 then goes up $300 only if it wins, the gross being a gain of $200. 

But yes, Archer has gone off prematurely. 

One has to marvel at the marketing experts at TAB. Their innovative thinking and enterprise enables switching customer from tote betting to fixed odds. Next week or the week after I'll marvel even more more when they switch their "talents" to marketing fixed odds punters onto tote odds.

Yes racing is really fortunate having these geniuses.

5 hours ago, Idolmite said:

But yes, Archer has gone off prematurely. 

Hardly  ...

but it don't matter as now I am and hopefully others are more aware of this b/s promotion.   

I guess you have to be able to read to make sense of the promotion:

Please note that the ‘Potential Return’ is displayed underneath your selected bet. This is calculated as ‘Dividend’ (Total winnings) minus the value of the Bonus Bet you have applied. (e.g. Potential Dividend $70.00 – Bonus Bet Stake $10.00 = Potential Return of $60.00)

image.png.2f766d3b7b6604c79117583368921ed2.png

16 hours ago, Archer said:

Never again for this lad.  

I know how you feel Archer......I was with the wife in the supermarket and we saw the Soup on special so we bought a can along with some Lasagna.When we went to the Self Serve machine it would not give us the special price. We didn't have our Club Card so we had to join the long service lines. A wait there , impatience took over , so we dropped the soup in bin and returned to the SS to buy lasagna.

Then wife couldn't figure how to complete transaction so she just left it and walked out.The supervisor who advised at start of transaction chose to ignore her.

We showed them.......took a stand , gave up.

Problem was I missed out on my meal !