RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Trots coverage has done to the dogs

15 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Like some others, I've found other things of more interest to fill my time

Im sure you have, moaning on SM about whats on racing's TV program that you dont like for starters😄

But each to their own as they say

Greg

13 hours ago, Mikie said:

Greg, why don’t you enlighten us as to why it took a pandemic for RITA to do anything?

FFS, you are so full of rubbish its hard to know where to start. You obviously have no idea. But to help you out simpleton, You: saw the departure of CEO and CFO,prepare the new Racing bill, deal with WP and the Mesarra report. Develop a business plan , deal with secular /dysfunctional codes, as well as develop in conjunction with board a new business pan to rightsize the TAB operations.

John Allen left, but his replacement is apparently on a salary only 20% or so less in any event, which is still double that of the Prime Minister

Do you know thats  a fact or is it just more guessing by you. If you are that way inclined lets have a decent wager on it Lets say 2 grand on current CEO salary. Under your post  J Allen was on 700K a 20% reduction leaves McKenzie on $560K . Ill put my money that he is on less than 530K. Do you want to put your money where your mouth is.??

I just don’t hanker for wall to wall racing

Dont watch it then or use remote

Greg

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

FFS, you are so full of rubbish its hard to know where to start. You obviously have no idea. But to help you out simpleton, You: saw the departure of CEO and CFO,prepare the new Racing bill, deal with WP and the Mesarra report. Develop a business plan , deal with secular /dysfunctional codes, as well as develop in conjunction with board a new business pan to rightsize the TAB operations.

Do you know thats  a fact or is it just more guessing by you. If you are that way inclined lets have a decent wager on it Lets say 2 grand on current CEO salary. Under your post  J Allen was on 700K a 20% reduction leaves McKenzie on $560K . Ill put my money that he is on less than 530K. Do you want to put your money where your mouth is.??

Dont watch it then or use remote

Greg

No, I don't, because I said "apparently". Whether I'm out by 10 or 20% doesn't matter to me, it's still too much

The CEO departed and I covered that. The CFO didn't depart due to any rationalisation as you will know. RITA are bloody lucky that the pandemic came along, a convenient scapegoat. If you want to call someone a simpleton I'm at 2 Nottinghill Drive, Blenheim you gutless keyboard warrior

Finally, not watching wall to wall racing. That's the whole point. If we don't watch and don't bet then that's bad isn't it?

Mikie

Greg

Are you posting on hare because you got a pounding elsewhere?

You never replied to this guy

Copied it because he puts it far better than I could, and certainly makes you look like a simpleton

Do you just ignore posts where you are made to look like a dick?

As always, you know my address you gutless keyboard warrior

Mikie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'd know if there was a half-yearly report.

In my opinion the current CEO should be on zero salary.  Two reasons -

1. It took 10 months and an external factor (Covid-19) before anything was done.  You could argue longer as he led the Ministerial Advisory Committee for the prior 8 months and he would have had full access to the NZRB accounts;
  2. He told us all that RITA was NOT insolvent - less than a week later the Racing Minister told us that unless he threw more money RITA's way in 3 days its creditors were pulling the pin.

With regard to the insolvency question.  As CEO he couldn't convince RITA's creditors that he had a plan to trade out of that position hence the Government stepping in.

I spent a bit of time on Sunday reviewing the last Annual report published for the year 2018-2019.  The current assets versus current liabilities was -$21m and they only had $10m left in the revolving credit facility from the bank.  So at that point they were cash short of -$10m.  One would have expected that that was enough for a CEO to act quickly preferably with an axe on the $61m in salaries.

They were already getting behind on their payments when the RITA was created.  

The Equity position was stated as being a positive $21m - a long way from the heady days when they had $70m+ in reserves alone.  Now that positive was actually not tangible.  Why?  Because $45m in equity was "Intangible Assets" comprised mostly of "customised software."  Given the performance of the software to date one could argue that it was a liability not an asset!  Presumably a lot of this customisation was on software that they don't actually own the core of.

So what was the Equity position of RITA at 31 July 2019?  MINUS $21m!  The new board did nothing for 10 months to address the situation and I bet they used up all of their revolving credit facility so that Equity position would have worsened by at least another $10m.

-----------------------------------------------

Why do people that struggle for substance in their arguements revert to personal attacks.

It was printed in the media and common knowledge for anyone who wants to look.

RITA have 10 people in their organisation on between $200 -- $ 700 k per annum.

Now I'm not into Rocket science but which one do you think will be the CEO's income?

1 minute ago, dkc said:

Why do people that struggle for substance in their arguements revert to personal attacks.

It was printed in the media and common knowledge for anyone who wants to look.

RITA have 10 people in their organisation on between $200 -- $ 700 k per album.

Now I'm not into Rocket science but which one do you think will be the CEO's income?

That's historical doc Allen is gone

I'll put up a few k to say the current one is on no where near that but nobody including the funny bloke posting above  wants to take me on 

It was the same with a few others as well. If you can't back your own posts what does that say about you?? To me it means your talking rubbish.

Greg

11 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Greg

Are you posting on hare because you got a pounding elsewhere?

You never replied to this guy

Copied it because he puts it far better than I could, and certainly makes you look like a simpleton

Do you just ignore posts where you are made to look like a dick?

As always, you know my address you gutless keyboard warrior

Mikie

We'd know if there was a half-yearly report.

In my opinion the current CEO should be on zero salary.  Two reasons -

1. It took 10 months and an external factor (Covid-19) before anything was done.  You could argue longer as he led the Ministerial Advisory Committee for the prior 8 months and he would have had full access to the NZRB accounts;
  2. He told us all that RITA was NOT insolvent - less than a week later the Racing Minister told us that unless he threw more money RITA's way in 3 days its creditors were pulling the pin.

With regard to the insolvency question.  As CEO he couldn't convince RITA's creditors that he had a plan to trade out of that position hence the Government stepping in.

I spent a bit of time on Sunday reviewing the last Annual report published for the year 2018-2019.  The current assets versus current liabilities was -$21m and they only had $10m left in the revolving credit facility from the bank.  So at that point they were cash short of -$10m.  One would have expected that that was enough for a CEO to act quickly preferably with an axe on the $61m in salaries.

They were already getting behind on their payments when the RITA was created.  

The Equity position was stated as being a positive $21m - a long way from the heady days when they had $70m+ in reserves alone.  Now that positive was actually not tangible.  Why?  Because $45m in equity was "Intangible Assets" comprised mostly of "customised software."  Given the performance of the software to date one could argue that it was a liability not an asset!  Presumably a lot of this customisation was on software that they don't actually own the core of.

So what was the Equity position of RITA at 31 July 2019?  MINUS $21m!  The new board did nothing for 10 months to address the situation and I bet they used up all of their revolving credit facility so that Equity position would have worsened by at least another $10m.

I don't reply to clowns like Doug using out of date data.

Given your history I doubt it's worth bothering with you anymore.

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

I don't reply to clowns and you and npw him fit that criteria. Given your history I doubt it's worth bothering with you anymore.

Well, everyone thinks that the 'clown' aka Chief Stipe whipped your arse

I give you my address and now you can't be bothered with me anymore. What's your history Greg? Tell us your background, your accomplishments?

Mikie

3 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Well, everyone thinks that the 'clown' aka Chief Stipe whipped your arse

I give you my address and now you can't be bothered with me anymore. What's your history Greg? Tell us your background, your accomplishments?

Mikie

You should spend more of your time over at  the other site. 

4 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You should spend a your time over at the other site.It was made for your type.

Oh, what's my type wee Greg?

You seem to spend a lot of time there don't you?

Now you edit your post? Too late Greg

Don't you want to list your accomplishments?

Come on Greg, tell us what you have achieved apart from hiding behind your keyboard?

Mikie

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

That's historical doc Allen is gone

I'll put up a few k to say the current one is on no where near that but nobody including the funny bloke posting above  wants to take me on 

It was the same with a few others as well. If you can't back your own posts what does that say about you?? To me it means your talking rubbish.

Greg

Well then you back your post. Tell us what is the current CEO on. Back up your statement with some facts. Fact is you don't know!

You've made a statement so give is the figures. Put up or shut up!

3 hours ago, dkc said:

Well then you back your post. Tell us what is the current CEO on. Back up your statement with some facts. Fact is you don't know!

You've made a statement so give is the figures. Put up or shut up!

Around 390 k base less 20%

Is that ok for you. I mean who really cares . For mine he should  be on way more given the shit he inherited and has to put up with.

Are you ok with that salary dkc

Greg 

No, I'm not ok with that salary even if it's correct. Still more than the Prime Minister isn't it? He inherited the 'shit' 18 months ago, why has it taken until a pandemic to rationalise? Oh that's right, they were developing a Business Plan. FFS

You complain about "Doug" using out of date data. If the 6 monthly Report had been made available then he wouldn't have to rely on such data would he?

Still waiting for a list of your achievements wee Greg. Taking too long to summarise them? Just list your highlights 

Mikie

Hey Barry - how was your night tonight on the sofa with your whisky watching the trots at Auckland?      Probably better than ours - that is those who braved the ugly night to attend trackside.     Firstly we were told they were only allowed by the TAB/RITA 2 manual operators who the club pay the wages for anyway.     These personel were assigned to the lounge on the first floor - with none in the Elsu lounge where patrons who wanted a bet had to go around to the other side to the park's TAB.     After a race or two most said bugger this and gave up betting.    I think there were 4 machines on course (I may be wrong here) 1 of which was placed in the Chinese Restaurant and the others again on the first floor with none in the Elsu lounge.    So NO betting facilities at all in the Elsu lounge.      Welcome back to racing, they said!!!!!!      Looking at the numbers attending I reckon they would have been lucky to hit the 40 thou mark - unless drastic improvement shown by the club in both facilities and attitude then they might as well just lock the doors.

Racing is fucked basically,the TAB probably want everyone to have a account,a smartphone and bet that way,one question  were there ques waiting to place a bet,I ain't been watching trackside at all but have just flicked through the channels,I get to trackside just get greyhounds race after greyhound race,ok there ain't nought else on at this time of the day but the thread is about trackside coverage  and I bet it was the same earlier in the night while trots were on,friday night should be harness only on trackside 1 that includes oz trots that ain't so bad but wall to wall and slotting in meaningless shit makes watching frustrating.

On course betting figures are mostly irrelevant now probably a large percentage who go on course probably bet through smartphone anyway,but not everyone wants to fluff around on these devices,I can understand that in time crowds at races will all be wondering around transfixed by their devices,its happening to us all in all forms of society now,sad but true.

It is really hard to fathom how they think not having tote operators, and pushing us towards pods and other devices is going to help get turnovers going.

I know a lot of older race goers that will not run with this, and they just won’t be oncourse anymore.

The game will really struggle as the young people who do turn up oncourse are normally there for the big days only, and only for the social aspect. 
I for one think they have got it wrong, and I am picking turnovers will prove that very quickly.

Well said Chris 

Quite interesting to stand behind say 50 plus year old punters who appear a bit down and out but have serious bets dollar wise and every time use the operator. 

No smart phone, no self service machine for them. I have watched a few of them lately and wondered how long they will tolerate the system now of one or two terminals available to bet on. 

And the crowds at the moment are poor, imagine a surge of punters arriving. 

Sorry that last bit was wishful thinking, and won't happen. 

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

It is really hard to fathom how they think not having tote operators, and pushing us towards pods and other devices is going to help get turnovers going.

I know a lot of older race goers that will not run with this, and they just won’t be oncourse anymore.

The game will really struggle as the young people who do turn up oncourse are normally there for the big days only, and only for the social aspect. 
I for one think they have got it wrong, and I am picking turnovers will prove that very quickly.

You might be right Chris but the argument from Saundry is convincing if true. I.e., that on average, oncourse turnover costs more to offer via live operators than the revenue it generates. So, if it's not contributing to the pot, why would you do it?

19 minutes ago, Leggy said:

You might be right Chris but the argument from Saundry is convincing if true. I.e., that on average, oncourse turnover costs more to offer via live operators than the revenue it generates. So, if it's not contributing to the pot, why would you do it?

Last night at trots there were 2 x operators on level one of stand where most people sat.

Downstairs there were 3 x operators in the ATC TAB which is the busiest TAB in NZ and offers very good service.

The 'crowd' was sparse !

That TAB also has 4 x SST's plus there is one at entrance.

Not quite like Las Vegas with bet machines in toilet.

After his time in spelling paddock eljay was a bit frisky last night.

I feel confident a SST will be placed in 'his' area to make it a 5m walk instead of 42.5 m stroll.

Also I suspect on the rare 'big' night there will be an operator there as well......that room's main use is as a dining room with loo's nearby.

Proof will be in the pudding Leggy.

I have met Bernard on a few occasions, I like the man and I think he has some sound ideas, not sure about this one, and it will be hard to prove one way or the other.
I just can’t see pods and a few operators on the big days being able to cope, which turns to lost revenue.

And at this stage of proceedings, we need every dollar we can generate!

27 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

Proof will be in the pudding Leggy.

I have met Bernard on a few occasions, I like the man and I think he has some sound ideas, not sure about this one, and it will be hard to prove one way or the other.
I just can’t see pods and a few operators on the big days being able to cope, which turns to lost revenue.

And at this stage of proceedings, we need every dollar we can generate!

As I understand it Chris, they will still use operators on the big days where the revenue justifies the cost. I think they said 20 TR days a year.

So TM - you think we should put up with third world conditions just because that's what the suits tell us we have to.       

just like Winston - September (November) is not too far away.     Only problem is no one wants a poison chalice.

7 hours ago, Leggy said:

As I understand it Chris, they will still use operators on the big days where the revenue justifies the cost. I think they said 20 TR days a year.

And herein lies another problem Leggy , most of the operators will be fresh up after a 6 month spell and might just struggle as much as some punters .

Not bagging them , most are great but we are all rusty after a spell...

All this new innovation stuff, what the youngies want etc etc is all very well but till those youngies arrive don't make sense to me to shoo away those who have kept you afloat in the past, afterall surely you need some income not seats without bums.

On 6/13/2020 at 2:05 PM, Mikie said:

A perfect summation

I gave up and watched the Warriors

Flicked back to Trackside every so often but all I got were overseas dogs, so flicked back

Never had a bet, probably saved a fortune

Mikie

Hope you didn't watch them last night,  they must be the laughing stock of the nrl.