RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Trots coverage has done to the dogs

I just watched the Warriors also, and THAT was entertaining. Didn't spend a cent all night. The current coverage isn't worth tuning in to, as per Barry L's story. I'll try again when they have a Group 1 night with on track presenters. They'll all be rusty. Some, like Greg, will be gone. If that's a flop, Friday night will be NRL night or movie night. 

Totally agree - the first night back (3 weeks ago) I accepted and Greg did his best to help the punter .

From then it has progressively got worst and last night was terrible - why do we get tutored  with Japanese gallopers and our lead in compared to the dogs is half the time .

I stopped betting after 3 races and did watch a recorded movie !

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Gave up on the warriors, to Jekyll and hyde for me, the endless drivel on the TV about each year will be their year.

So did you enjoy the trots coverage, the subject matter of this thread? 

1 hour ago, Idolmite said:

Obviously not as good as it was before,  but still enjoyed watching.  Particularly keen to see Ricky May drive a winner which added a bit of interest.  Unfortunately it wasn’t to be though.   I have to wonder how much they are saving by not having an on course presenter.   I suspect it is not very significant in the overall scheme of things.  

Be interesting to see if the so called turnover spike stays that way for long ,,during the lockdown I thought that the coverage from oz was pretty good at that time ,time will tell though on coverage from now on.

5 hours ago, Barry Lichter said:
Friday nights used to be reserved for sitting in front of the box watching harness racing. But it’s all changed, as Barry Lichter reports in his Trackside critique.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 1.27.04 PM.png

I find on my smartphone if the website starts pissing me off(and that happens often I just shut it down and start again,sadly the wall to wall coverage is gunna be the way,well it seems so with the present lot running it ,I noticed the other day a dod race from the usa had a pool of 6 dollars another gallop race from brazil was 36 dollars ,I think less is best ,less racing but better quality,if you get peppered with so much shit one will just go watch something else which strangely is what I'm doing now anyway,it might sound odd but watching the old British comedy on one of those sky channels is more appealing than wall to wall crap racing at present which is what i was watching last night.

2 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Yep watched a few from addington, and yep watched a few from addington, and thought it was ok × 2. and matter of thread × 2 to.

24 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

You're dead right MikeNZ. Wall to wall racing doesn't excite me to bet more at all. All it has done is turn me off racing COMPLETELY. I don't even bet less. I just don't bet at all. 

A gallop race from Belmont now 116000 win pool,that's a high class race,121 for a dog race pointless

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

I find on my smartphone if the website starts pissing me off(and that happens often I just shut it down and start again,sadly the wall to wall coverage is gunna be the way,well it seems so with the present lot running it ,I noticed the other day a dod race from the usa had a pool of 6 dollars another gallop race from brazil was 36 dollars ,I think less is best ,less racing but better quality,if you get peppered with so much shit one will just go watch something else which strangely is what I'm doing now anyway,it might sound odd but watching the old British comedy on one of those sky channels is more appealing than wall to wall crap racing at present which is what i was watching last night.

Agree.  I Chanel surf in between Addington races so the wall to wall stuff doesn’t worry me too much.    Would stay tuned though if there were interviews from trainers & Drivers.    They can cram races into trackside 2 so should keep T1 the same as before.   Would be interesting to know exactly how much they are saving.  Surely for the big meetings like cup day they will have on course presenters.

I think a number of you were expecting a bit much......it certainly was much as I expected ,sure there were some pathetic races [ e.g. Japan] on show .

But it is winter.

Racing was 'Insolvent' or on the brink...it could not pay it's Creditors for the month !

A massive laying off of staff and saving of broadcasting expenses meant they were operating on a bare minimum skeleton operating staff.

They announced there would be limited coverage.

Their new betting platform has been a shocker ,my 4 yrold laptop doesn't gel with it at all in regards to betting. Since early last year it started to get intermittent then divorced itself.

I decided to support Cambridge/Addington on resumption , and decided to bet more than the modest amounts normal on those meetings.So I reverted to 1970's and went to TAB 90 minutes prior and put on all my bets.

Have actually done alright too !

No problem watching both races and Football [NRL] on TV and laptop which still shows actual racing.

Winners comments don't appeal and Ricky's issue has been 'done to death' and received tons of mainstream and social media...'yeah/ nah' , I feel good and keen to get out there !

Facebook has had some great prerace interviews done by Andrew F ,the Armstrong kid , Jo ???? and the taxi driver and the Cox lady......great info.

Maybe this streaming can be extended and become permanent.What they have done I think is FANTASTIC !

These early races were never going to have the recent trackside coverage which was at times 'Rolls Royce'.

The bankrupt business had to get things moving ASAP to get some betting for stakes........when the going gets tough ,the tough get going !

Such uncertainty still , but the barebones operation is at least breathing again ,even if on life support !

Don't expect too much guys.....plus Facebook has been proactive, MG and the Whale talk from their bedrooms, trials on line , more trainers on Facebook than previous, some fields in Herald , all fields on line .

Love the good oil from the taxi !

Gary - Are you on the TAB payroll.      🤩      You the only one I've heard enjoyed the crap they served up.      Lucky I don't have Sky (or want it).       NZ Racing is at a very low ebb - TAB is a NZ entity so surely their brief should be to bolster the local product rather than cloud the problem over with content from places like Brazil or north of the Arctic circle.      Give the locals lots and lots of local product and dollars to donuts the returns will improve dramatically!!!   😍

3 hours ago, eljay said:

Gary - Are you on the TAB payroll.      🤩      You the only one I've heard enjoyed the crap they served up.      Lucky I don't have Sky (or want it).       NZ Racing is at a very low ebb - TAB is a NZ entity so surely their brief should be to bolster the local product rather than cloud the problem over with content from places like Brazil or north of the Arctic circle.      Give the locals lots and lots of local product and dollars to donuts the returns will improve dramatically!!!   😍

Wow eljay....you need to divorce the Whiners and Whingers Club Inc !

I was in a TAB for 90 mins on Friday night 4 to 6 and 3pm to 6pm Saturday ...approx.....not one complaint from the many enthusiastic punters there aside from the crap drive on #12 in race 10 @ Invergiggle.

Their resources are scarce right now.

Coverage much as I expected......saw everything I needed to see .....earlier races I missed and had an interest in I replayed on HRNZ website before I knew the result.

I even placed about 20 x bets on the SST when the operator busy .....green and growing ,learned something new !

Plus....any concerns I do have ,I'll be forwarding direct to my Club and/or prominent Administrators.

I'll try to avoid being an ESWOPNI........Easily swayed with other peoples negative Influence !

TM - you said I think a number of you were expecting a bit much!     No we weren't.     We were expecting better not a backward step.    Because the TAB have dowwngraded their service, to me, that is no excuse.     They were bad before the lockdown - they are a damned sight worse now (or will be) if they don't upgrade their thinking.     You and I know if this happened in the private sector, there would have been people looking for new employment.   I'm sorry, but I cannot 'make allowances".     The whole industry is stuffed - and to cut back on service, to me, is not the way to fix it - or even help it.    I know there is nothing we can really do because they don't want to know but I suppose all we can hope for is for them to be voted off the various boards but again this is Alice in Wonderland stuff because their buddies do the voting - not you and I.      

1 hour ago, eljay said:

TM - you said I think a number of you were expecting a bit much!     No we weren't.     We were expecting better not a backward step.    Because the TAB have dowwngraded their service, to me, that is no excuse.     They were bad before the lockdown - they are a damned sight worse now (or will be) if they don't upgrade their thinking.     You and I know if this happened in the private sector, there would have been people looking for new employment.   I'm sorry, but I cannot 'make allowances".     The whole industry is stuffed - and to cut back on service, to me, is not the way to fix it - or even help it.    I know there is nothing we can really do because they don't want to know but I suppose all we can hope for is for them to be voted off the various boards but again this is Alice in Wonderland stuff because their buddies do the voting - not you and I.      

Quite right Eljay

Can’t figure out why Gary is an apologist for RITA

I’m not swayed by other’s opinions and I don’t think you are, why Gary has come to that conclusion baffles me

The TV coverage was abysmal, my phone freezes every time I click on a selection, that’s as far as it gets

RITA are bloody lucky a pandemic came along, all it’s done is give them an excuse

Mikie

15 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

I think a number of you were expecting a bit much......it certainly was much as I expected ,sure there were some pathetic races [ e.g. Japan] on show .

But it is winter.

Racing was 'Insolvent' or on the brink...it could not pay it's Creditors for the month !

A massive laying off of staff and saving of broadcasting expenses meant they were operating on a bare minimum skeleton operating staff.

They announced there would be limited coverage.

Their new betting platform has been a shocker ,my 4 yrold laptop doesn't gel with it at all in regards to betting. Since early last year it started to get intermittent then divorced itself.

I decided to support Cambridge/Addington on resumption , and decided to bet more than the modest amounts normal on those meetings.So I reverted to 1970's and went to TAB 90 minutes prior and put on all my bets.

Have actually done alright too !

No problem watching both races and Football [NRL] on TV and laptop which still shows actual racing.

Winners comments don't appeal and Ricky's issue has been 'done to death' and received tons of mainstream and social media...'yeah/ nah' , I feel good and keen to get out there !

Facebook has had some great prerace interviews done by Andrew F ,the Armstrong kid , Jo ???? and the taxi driver and the Cox lady......great info.

Maybe this streaming can be extended and become permanent.What they have done I think is FANTASTIC !

These early races were never going to have the recent trackside coverage which was at times 'Rolls Royce'.

The bankrupt business had to get things moving ASAP to get some betting for stakes........when the going gets tough ,the tough get going !

Such uncertainty still , but the barebones operation is at least breathing again ,even if on life support !

Don't expect too much guys.....plus Facebook has been proactive, MG and the Whale talk from their bedrooms, trials on line , more trainers on Facebook than previous, some fields in Herald , all fields on line .

Love the good oil from the taxi !

Stop talking common sense, its wasted on all the moaners on here. They are the ones who hark for the good old bad days which got the TAB into the shit its now in. grumpy old men perhaps?😴😋

Greg

23 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Stop talking common sense, its wasted on all the moaners on here. They are the ones who hark for the good old bad days which got the TAB into the shit its now in. grumpy old men perhaps?😴😋

Greg

They still need to give the people something that will keep them interested however.  Like some others, I've found other things of more interest to fill my time. I don't watch Night trots to see gallops from Kawasaki instead of a lead in to the race. We don't even get Greg from the studio. We get Kawasaki. I don't blame him for leaving....

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

Here we go again

Greg, why don’t you enlighten us as to why it took a pandemic for RITA to do anything?

Its been pointed out to you repeatedly on both channels that they had 10 months (being generous) or 18 months ( being realistic) and they did nothing to rein in expenditure

Yrs, John Allen left, but his replacement is apparently on a salary only 20% or so less in any event, which is still double that of the Prime Minister

I don’t hanker for the good ole days as you put it, I just don’t hanker for wall to wall racing

Time will tell how brilliant this strategy is won’t it?

Mikie