RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

New Stallion for Valachi Downs

Ten Sovereigns (by No Nay Never) is to stand at Valachi @ $20,000. Another Coolmore stallion. 

Also Vespa is relocating to Valachi. 

A rapid change of direction for the stud, given only a few years ago, when they started with Savile Row they said at the time that originally there was never any intention to stand a stallion. But good on them, once that decision was made they have backed it up with working to get very well credentialed stallions, to be made available to the NZ industry.

4 hours ago, bazach said:

Gee, where are all the mares going to come from!?

Be interesting how many mares breed this year....I'm done no more for me, you can only chuck away so many $$ The girls still live in the lap of luxury 🤣

Another impressive addition to their roster, I really liked US Navy Flag in particular.

But geez how anyone can justify $20k stud fees for unproven stallions when we will be lucky to be racing for $10k is beyond me.

39 minutes ago, Huey said:

Another impressive addition to their roster, I really liked US Navy Flag in particular.

But geez how anyone can justify $20k stud fees for unproven stallions when we will be lucky to be racing for $10k is beyond me.

That is the conundrum we face Huey. Although we will be entering maybe a ‘no inflation’ economic environment, have you ever known the general cost of things to come down? Mare owning breeders are at the bottom of the food chain so to speak, ie all stud, agistment, transport, vet, feed costs etc are all fed down to the owner. Unless you have a K1 mare, or are one of the very few who have incredible luck, eg the buyer of Tarzinos and Gingernuts dams,  you are on a hiding to nothing.

3 minutes ago, bazach said:

That is the conundrum we face Huey. Although we will be entering maybe a ‘no inflation’ economic environment, have you ever known the general cost of things to come down? Mare owning breeders are at the bottom of the food chain so to speak, ie all stud, agistment, transport, vet, feed costs etc are all fed down to the owner. Unless you have a K1 mare, or are one of the very few who have incredible luck, eg the buyer of Tarzinos and Gingernuts dams,  you are on a hiding to nothing.

So true , hard to see how even having a K1 mare and selling in NZ is going to be a viable option for the forseeable future.