RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

Pukekohe hospitality

We would like to invite you to join us to celebrate our “Dunstan Horsefeeds Return to Racing” race meeting this coming Saturday 20th June and support your horse(s) in action back at the races!
Further to our recent email to members, we have had a number of enquiries regarding our hospitality packages available for you on the day.

To make this viable, we will need a minimum of 50 confirmed guests to attend, hence we are sending out this letter to see what interest there may be.

Cost for the function, which would be held in the Sponsors Lounge will be $35.00 (GST inclusive) per person.

The Return to Racing Function includes-
Reserved seating in the Sponsors Lounge
A light buffet-style luncheon
Buffet dessert
Race book
Members Beverage prices for the day
… And of course our “world famous” Counties friendly hospitality!

If you would like anymore information or to join us on the day in the Sponsors Lounge please contact with Fleur;
fleur@pukekohepark.co.nz
or 027 239 2082

Depending on the interest, a final decision will be made Midday Wednesday 17th June 2020. All bookings will be advised.

We trust you will enjoy the Pukekohe Park hospitality and would like to thank you for your support of this meeting.

Kind regards,
Pukekohe Park
www.PukekohePark.co.nz
222-250 Manukau Road,
Pukekohe 09 238 8049

Shane, have Fleur and the team picked up the telephone to call people on the database?

It's a timely opportunity for clubs to do real marketing with people, not just rely on email outs.

People talking to a person can generate greater interest & make people feel welcome not just another bit of mail sent to the masses.

Follow up calls are very important for promotions and marketing of any event/ product.

101 from a person who's done it for a job and learnt from a person who learnt their trade in Europe.

Shane, do you really think you can get 50 idiots to pay you $35 for $10 worth of value?? - actually no you don’t because you had to ask for indications!! Even you don’t believe in your own hospitality!!

You have 1970’s facilities with crap food and hard seats.

Any decent fucking marketing person, would open the bloody place with all of this for free, especially for the first meeting back, and then you would still struggle to get a crowd!

If you can’t afford it, ask Rita to do the cooking. She’s doing bugger all..

What idiot gave the first meeting to a place that still thinks you can screw the customer with crap horses in crap races on a Saturday in NZ?

Racing has had many weeks to prepare for a return that was monumental and exciting, what’s on offer is reflective of the people that got racing into this mess.

Dean McKenzie, I told you to only take a bow when you have achieved enough to earn the bow.

At this stage the only bow you will be taking is when you get a hard enough kick up the arse for achieving nothing.

Good luck next week NZ, my money will be bet in Australia, on Australian horses. I, like so many others cannot be bothered betting on the crap that is NZ product.

Nothing has changed, and it needs to.

Have to agree to the above, I been to many buffet style things put on by race clubs, and its just one almighty pig sty scramble and if you behave maturely, then you get NOTHING and the dessert is worse.  

I say good luck to Shane and his Counties Club for trying to attract a few more paying guests to the resumption of Racing.

I notice how Rugby has talked up their resumption and the first weekends crowds have responded to the occasion with significant larger than usual numbers.

We all know this normally is a tough time of year on racing calendar , winter and many horses may have not had the normal length preparation.

A few weeks back there was great uncertainty for the Industry and the thousands who rely on it for their livelihood.

Fields are uncertain ,but whatever is carded I hope the club gets good support and I for one will wish them well and hope to join in some way !

Now is not the time for slagging people off for their endeavours.

4 hours ago, Phillipe said:

Shane, do you really think you can get 50 idiots to pay you $35 for $10 worth of value?? - actually no you don’t because you had to ask for indications!! Even you don’t believe in your own hospitality!!

Any decent fucking marketing person, would open the bloody place with all of this for free, especially for the first meeting back, and then you would still struggle to get a crowd!

What idiot gave the first meeting to a place that still thinks you can screw the customer with crap horses in crap races on a Saturday in NZ?

Racing has had many weeks to prepare for a return that was monumental and exciting, what’s on offer is reflective of the people that got racing into this mess.

Dean McKenzie, I told you to only take a bow when you have achieved enough to earn the bow.

At this stage the only bow you will be taking is when you get a hard enough kick up the arse for achieving nothing.

Good luck next week NZ, my money will be bet in Australia, on Australian horses. I, like so many others cannot be bothered betting on the crap that is NZ product.

Trust me when I say the food at counties is superb. It really is. 

9 hours ago, Archer said:

Have to agree to the above, I been to many buffet style things put on by race clubs, and its just one almighty pig sty scramble and if you behave maturely, then you get NOTHING and the dessert is worse.  

CJC put on a superb buffet in the Balmerino Lounge $45 and superb value and you can prebook a table

13 hours ago, DatoStar said:

Please don’t be negative about this initiative, I’m in , $70 for 2 of us to support the club no problem! 
as a suggestion get Auckalnd Racing Club to email their members as well

The below is on ARC newsletter.  Thanks

Members' Update  Special offer from Counties Racing Club  Get to know the team, plus more!.png

On 6/13/2020 at 8:25 PM, Phillipe said:

Pukekohe does have potential but you are correct about the food scramble. The hospitality is among the best but I am disabled and getting around is shocking. If the rain arrives the day will most likely be abandoned anyway?? Wouldnt that be ironic?

Then we have Te Rapa, the hospitality is terrible and they never have enough bar staff. The track too can be hit and miss.

Why was planning not done during the lock down and have at least two maybe three big meetings to kick things off around the country? No foresight and no leadership, just a bunch of people concerned about themselves no matter where you turn.

Im with you, have opened up an ozzie account.

It’s been said before but one of the best “small” Race Club with great facilities is Sunshine Coast (Caloundra) in Qld. A bigger Club with excellent facilities and probably the best catering is the Gold Coast. The newly renovated downstairs public area is very good. Members facilities and food are first class also. It’s not hard really. Avondale is a good track but it’s a disgrace from a patrons perspective. Like quite a number of NZ Public Stands, it faces towards the South and the winter shit weather, no sun, brrrrrrr. Last time I went to Avondale I took a photo when leaving because I swore I’d never be back. Give me Caloundra all day!! 

On 6/15/2020 at 7:05 PM, Guinness said:

Pukekohe does have potential but you are correct about the food scramble. The hospitality is among the best but I am disabled and getting around is shocking. If the rain arrives the day will most likely be abandoned anyway?? Wouldnt that be ironic?

Then we have Te Rapa, the hospitality is terrible and they never have enough bar staff. The track too can be hit and miss.

Why was planning not done during the lock down and have at least two maybe three big meetings to kick things off around the country? No foresight and no leadership, just a bunch of people concerned about themselves no matter where you turn.

Im with you, have opened up an ozzie account.

Hi Guinness, the grandstand is not the best for getting around if disabled.  However next time you are there and need any assistance give me a call on 027 225 5255.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Cheering for you and your Club tomorrow Shane ,

Your enthusiasm is infectious and I think your positivity will get people on track or tuning in,

PS follow the Antony Fuller team tomorrow

Cheers,

CB

Anyone who contributes their time to benefit the industry deserves all the success! 👌

All The Best Shane & Team Counties! 👍

Looking through the fields I am uplifted by the triumph of Kiwi battling spirit some people have  , there are a lot of horses in there tomorrow I would have chucked the towel in day 1 of closedown , a few in there wouldn't win a walk over to be brutally honest but best wishes to all for a good day .