THEME UPGRADE IN PROGRESS PLEASE BE PATIENT...THANKS EVERYONE

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

Agree Eljay, our leaders are totally detached from their Clients, the Punter 

I rarely bet in NZ but Pukekohe this Saturday will be my first go in NZ for 10 years. 

I bet in Victoria due to good fields, all trying, good jocks and superb media coverage in Aussie thru 6 websites I go to, I don't want shiny suit reports from Petone on the Tab site, they are dreaming if they think that fits the bill in 2020

Sadly we have dug a bloody big hole and will be very difficult to get out of and the recent decisions will make it even harder 

All very very sad 

Do you still think the NZTAB will be offloaded before Christmas  as you once posted on here TT

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Toblerone said:

Inaccurate, Shane.

Unless you are Hugh Robinson in disguise and this is something you haven’t yet relayed to Raceform’s owners?

Let's see.....I could not locate a copy today for Saturdays racing/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Do you still think the NZTAB will be offloaded before Christmas  as you once posted on here TT

 

Greg

Might be for sale in a garage sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about the new website is it's not as good as the older one,sure it has more sporting options on the new site but  gee surely they could have made the older site better to accommodate more data,the racing part is really the same,change is good but only if it's better,anyone tell me the new site is better? The older site was much easier on the eye as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leggy said:

If they can wangle some more money out of the taxpayer they might be able to pay someone to take it away?

They will be struggling to get anymore out of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Leggy said:

If they can wangle some more money out of the taxpayer they might be able to pay someone to take it away?

Would be a great job for you to take over given how much you know about  wagering business and how poorly you think the current lot are doing😉

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mikenz said:

The thing about the new website is it's not as good as the older one,sure it has more sporting options on the new site but  gee surely they could have made the older site better to accommodate more data,the racing part is really the same,change is good but only if it's better,anyone tell me the new site is better? The older site was much easier on the eye as well.

I don't remember being able to have a one cent bet on the old site. Or a 10 cent multi. Or a Bonus Bet. Or a Double Up. Or watching the races on the laptop.

Just saying.

I had the usual problems when it was first introduced but it suits me now. (No, not the tiddlies. They're just for fun). 

It seems primarily to be set up for sports betting so we have to live with that.

What concerns me most, like everyone else, is the cost, both present and future.

"They" got caught out at the TAB when they went to upgrade the original system. I remember how we were told this could happen, that could be done, and all sorts of things. It appeared to be a home-run when, suddenly,  it all fell over, at a cost  of several millions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Would be a great job for you to take over given how much you know about  wagering business and how poorly you think the current lot are doing😉

 

Greg

Mmmm .... thanks for the offer, but no thanks. That would be like putting your hand up for captaincy of a sinking ship when you could be first on the lifeboat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Mmmm .... thanks for the offer, but no thanks. That would be like putting your hand up for captaincy of a sinking ship when you could be first on the lifeboat.

Bravery not your forte, and your not alone. Thats why i have sympathy for those trying to right the ship so to speak😁. i might add i dont really think the personal attacks on RITA board and CEO are warranted. Nobody can perform miracles overnight and i do hope they record everything for what would make interesting reading in years to come re option taking and strategy

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Bravery not your forte, and your not alone. Thats why i have sympathy for those trying to right the ship so to speak😁. i might add i dont really think the personal attacks on RITA board and CEO are warranted. Nobody can perform miracles overnight and i do hope they record everything for what would make interesting reading in years to come re option taking and strategy

 

Greg

I agree they need to be given time, it would be fascinating to be involved.

The area that really needs a fresh perspective on things is NZTR imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 12:00 PM, slam dunk said:

Be more specific. What is it you want "printed format for" bear in mind you can print the racebook off the internet.

THe RACEFORM consists of 80% printed racebook. My guess you only want the articles which includes selections, tips etc. Lets be realistic in these cost saving days. Having 100% articles, charts etc will attract advertisers. i.e. money.

Yes, you can print the racebook from the internet, but it costs a fortune in ink, it's a lot less convenient, and it doesn't have the same presence in the community as a book displayed on a service station or dairy shelf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Bravery not your forte, and your not alone. Thats why i have sympathy for those trying to right the ship so to speak😁. i might add i dont really think the personal attacks on RITA board and CEO are warranted. Nobody can perform miracles overnight and i do hope they record everything for what would make interesting reading in years to come re option taking and strategy

 

Greg

I certainly don't claim bravery to be my forte. However, there's a fine line between bravery and sheer stupidity. In case you are inferring something different, I also don't think I have made any personal attacks on either the RITA board or the CEO. I am critical of their observable performance and lack of transparency about that though.. Finally, I think you must have a different perception of what is overnight than I do. When again was the current RITA board appointed to the MAC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter Harrop said:

Yes, you can print the racebook from the internet, but it costs a fortune in ink, it's a lot less convenient, and it doesn't have the same presence in the community as a book displayed on a service station or dairy shelf.

It costs ink and trees however you print it and it's 24 hours out of date before you can read it if you get it from the service station or dairy shelf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leggy said:

It costs ink and trees however you print it and it's 24 hours out of date before you can read it if you get it from the service station or dairy shelf.

Quite right. In this discussion does anyone have any idea of publishing. To be viable a publication must carry ample advertising and have a reasonable shelf life. The whole thinking behind RACEFORM is bizarre. Its as if the internet had never been invented. Its just so obviously basic that the RACEFORM  current format is non viable for publishing I just wonder what planet some people live on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I am critical of their observable performance and lack of transparency about that though..

You must have thought very poorly of Allen and Hughes then given how much DM reports on RITA website.. I tend to judge performance over a period of time and see what they did achieve rather than what they didn't. You and others might see it differently which is entirely your prerogative.

Im pretty sure employee numbers have been cut with the big boys table next. They  have cut other operational costs much to the chagrin of those who previously wanted such cuts. Finally they have followed the wishes of WP re M report and have a new racing bill in progress through parliament.

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You must have thought very poorly of Allen and Hughes then given how much DM reports on RITA website.. I tend to judge performance over a period of time and see what they did achieve rather than what they didn't. You and others might see it differently which is entirely your prerogative.

Im pretty sure employee numbers have been cut with the big boys table next. They  have cut other operational costs much to the chagrin of those who previously wanted such cuts. Finally they have followed the wishes of WP re M report and have a new racing bill in progress through parliament.

 

Greg

Yes, I did think very poorly of the Allen Hughes regime. How long are you willing to give the current lot then to report the progress you suggest and show it has had a positive affect on the bottom line? They've ignored other parts of the M report it seems and what do you see in the current bill as it stands that will improve returns to RITA and racing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leggy said:

It costs ink and trees however you print it and it's 24 hours out of date before you can read it if you get it from the service station or dairy shelf.

So what. It suits me in my time poor, money rich life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Quite right. In this discussion does anyone have any idea of publishing. To be viable a publication must carry ample advertising and have a reasonable shelf life. The whole thinking behind RACEFORM is bizarre. Its as if the internet had never been invented. Its just so obviously basic that the RACEFORM  current format is non viable for publishing I just wonder what planet some people live on.

Planet Earth Calling.

We already have a publisher, the products called RACEFORM, there's buyer demand, people are happy to pay and there's advertisers.

Just need RITA's co-operation in supplying the form as I understand to make it happen.

Shelf life - that's a slightly strange request. You'll never please everyone. Its for current published raceform, 3-4 days, its disposable.

Stick with your ipad, phone or laptop. Call me Bizarre, I want to do both, do some research online, study and mark my Raceform, and then enjoy the racing with some online research on the day and much flicking of the pages. 

Each to their own. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.