RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

RIP Raceform

On 6/21/2020 at 11:19 AM, gubellini said:

RITA/TAB think their future revenue is in the hands of device holding “elite” punters who bet in four figure amounts. These type of punters have a short shelf life. Meantime they have thrown long time punters under the bus. Pity they don’t conduct TAB and on course surveys to find out what punters really want.

The problem is that elite punters were once small time punters who maybe got into it through channel surfing the radio dial or reading form in the herald or tuning into Action TV on free to view ...

12 hours ago, Peter Harrop said:

The problem is that elite punters were once small time punters who maybe got into it through channel surfing the radio dial or reading form in the herald or tuning into Action TV on free to view ...

None that I know did and they certainly don't now. Where did you get that information?

Maybe a few decades ago that happened, I don't know.

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

None that I know did and they certainly don't now. Where did you get that information?

Maybe a few decades ago that happened, I don't know

Maybe I'm out of touch. What is it that gets people into enjoying a punt on the horses (not sports) these days? Also, are you suggesting elite punters go straight into 4 figure bets off the bat?

3 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I suppose it depends how you define elite punters Peter? How does the NZTAB define them? By individual bet size or annual turnover

Assuming they define it by annual turnover, how does someone falling into that bracket firstly get into liking a punt on the horses and secondly become transformed into an elite?

1 minute ago, Peter Harrop said:

Assuming they define it by annual turnover, how does someone falling into that bracket firstly get into liking a punt on the horses and secondly become transformed into an elite?

That's what I was querying you on. I don't know, but as I said, most of the likely suspects I do know did not get into that the way you suggested and none would be having four figure single bets on racing either, even though they would have 7 figure annual turnovers whatever that means.

11 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

Pretty simple formula. 100 points to reach elite status. Each $1000 of tote turnover is 4 or 5 points and each $1000 of fixed odds is 1 or 2 points.

Within what timeframe and how do you decide whether you get 4 or 5 points tote or 1 or 2 for FOB?

12 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

Pretty simple formula. 100 points to reach elite status. Each $1000 of tote turnover is 4 or 5 points and each $1000 of fixed odds is 1 or 2 points.

I'd say I've probably got as far as 1 tenth of 1 point so I've got a bit to go

4 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

Sorry, you thought you'd train a winner in July before Pitman. Still confident of that?

No, I have none in work pending the new season stakes and programming announcement. I didn't even have a trainer's licence at the time. However, Pitty wasn't willing to take me up on the bet at the time, even though the SI had racing scheduled before the CD.

How much of a dent has the TAB taken bc of Covid19?

How many "Elite" punters have lost huge sums of monies from there businesses / enterprises?

It would be interesting to know how many, if any, have been involved in Financial & Organized Crime along the way.

Come on in TAB's and betting platforms across the world & provide answers.

It's a known fact there's bad eggs everywhere in society unfortunately who splash around money & assets that has never been theirs to begin with.

With Cross Border transactions here, there & everywhere it makes it easier for the baddies to try it on.

Bring back face to face interactions & it cuts out a lot of bullderdash.