RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

RIP Raceform

Whether it's the internet age or not ,

No fields in the papers , surely a retard could see you need some sort of printed media.

I can't wait for Raceform.

Maybe in 10 years , there will definitely may be no need for Raceform etc but that's 10 years or so away , just like the argument for tote operators , 10 years away , at least

12 hours ago, Leggy said:

Yes, I did think very poorly of the Allen Hughes regime. How long are you willing to give the current lot then to report the progress you suggest and show it has had a positive affect on the bottom line? They've ignored other parts of the M report it seems and what do you see in the current bill as it stands that will improve returns to RITA and racing?

15 months from first NZ  TB race  since Cob is stopped racing.in.NZ

No comment on the yet to be passed  Raçing Bill. Too much politics to come

Greg

8 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

I'm just as pissed that I'll be on the road Saturday and won't be able to hear fields let alone read them! :rcf-angry-4:

Do you not own a phone?

You can Bluetooth, Miracast or Aux your phone into the car, depending on car age.

You can use the TAB website or Love racing to broadcast. 

Yep a little less easy than the radio, but not a heck lot different & with regard to Raceform publication, well that form of information has been dead for yrs. I am happy if you still want that but the industry better not be funding for you, user pays.

3 hours ago, barryb said:

Do you not own a phone?

You can Bluetooth, Miracast or Aux your phone into the car, depending on car age.

You can use the TAB website or Love racing to broadcast. 

Yep a little less easy than the radio, but not a heck lot different & with regard to Raceform publication, well that form of information has been dead for yrs. I am happy if you still want that but the industry better not be funding for you, user pays.

Each to their own Barry.  You seem to forget a lot of people don't like looking at their phone all day.

No doubt you don't support having the racing on TV either.

23 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Each to their own Barry.  You seem to forget a lot of people don't like looking at their phone all day.

No doubt you don't support having the racing on TV either.

As I said Ted, you can chose your own path, but it needs to be self funding in times like this.

A racebook with a tiny circulation/interest would be marginal.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:40 PM, slam dunk said:

I just wonder what planet some people live on.

Possibly planet reality. Why do you think those electronic books have never taken off? Its because, for many, it's far more relaxing turning pages in a book and writing notes all over the paper with a Biro.

4 hours ago, Peter Harrop said:

Possibly planet reality. Why do you think those electronic books have never taken off? Its because, for many, it's far more relaxing turning pages in a book and writing notes all over the paper with a Biro.

Bullshit Peter, next you will be stating that The Herald has greater coverage than Stuff.

You are hanging onto a dinosaur, anyone serious about doing well needs the latest info which you won’t find on paper.

4 hours ago, Peter Harrop said:

Why do you think those electronic books have never taken off? Its because, for many, it's far more relaxing turning pages in a book and writing notes all over the paper with a Biro.

Not sure where you get you info Peter. Maybe an old hard copy book?

https://oldmatemedia.com/ebook-sales-growth-2020/

8 hours ago, Peter Harrop said:

Agree I spent the arvo in the local and bet half as much as I would of if I’d have had my BestBets / Race form in front of me .Was plenty of comments from diehard racing followers who went to turn on Trackside radio yesterday morning and we greeted with silence .Many have followed racing for decades but not the finer points and weren’t aware of all the cost cutting measures that have taken place recently.

5 hours ago, barryb said:

Bullshit Peter, next you will be stating that The Herald has greater coverage than Stuff.

Yep, and electronic media such a success in racing that NZB no longer producing a written Sales catalogue? See how that would fly.

RITA/TAB think their future revenue is in the hands of device holding “elite” punters who bet in four figure amounts. These type of punters have a short shelf life. Meantime they have thrown long time punters under the bus. Pity they don’t conduct TAB and on course surveys to find out what punters really want.

15 minutes ago, gubellini said:

RITA/TAB think their future revenue is in the hands of device holding “elite” punters who bet in four figure amounts. These type of punters have a short shelf life. Meantime they have thrown long time punters under the bus. Pity they don’t conduct TAB and on course surveys to find out what punters really want.

The problem with that type of survey is it is hard to equate it with actual spend. 100 punter opinions from people that lose $1000 a year is only as good as one punter that loses $100,000 a year, so surveys by individual punter numbers are not a lot of help. You also need a way to exclude the opinion of winning punters. We don't really want those. Be interested to know what sort of survey design you have in mind Gubes that might be useful/informative.

16 hours ago, Peter Harrop said:

Wished you would read the postings before commenting.

I've said all along there is a need for a publication with fields (space for pen writing). The fields can include name, breeding, jockey, weight draw and some abbreviated info.

It is just plain absurd printing the so called expanded form and with decision makers like that in racing no wonder the current problems.

Hi Leggy. Re surveys I think they should be centred around what sort of information punters and racegoers want. I can access any information I like on line so I will leave specific possible survey questions to others. I really miss the Informant and Race Form. I prefer the written form of race information. You can’t mark your selections prior to raceday on line. My local TAB produced a booklet with all race information on the Pukekohe meeting last Saturday. It was great and they only charged one dollar for it. This is a good interim measure but I would like a Race Form type publication to be available sooner rather than later.

If Nzracing were business orientated a publication would kill two birds with one stone. 

1. Sold as a standalone cost $2.50 (enough for retailer and distribution)

2. Be available as an insert  inside various newspapers around the country, (Thurs or Friday)

3. Be able to be used as an oncourse racebook.

That way a substantial circulation and readership could be touted to attract advertisers. In that scenario there just would not be any room for expanded form. Every aid e.g. QR codes used inside the publication to encourage readers to expand their knowledge of racing by going to the internet.