RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
elvis

Interviews at trials

56 minutes ago, elvis said:

Apparently there were interviews of trainers etc at the Te Rapa trials. Anyone know where to view them? I can’t find them on Loveracing site!

cheers

Try Loveracing on FB I saw some on there.

NZTR have lost their way. Rather than them thinking just they must do these interviews and stories there are plenty of private enterprises who if given encouragement would do a far better job. Just needs cooperation from RITA and NZTR.

With so much happening with racing,  NZTR should do what they are supposed to do and since clubs don't really get a voice with NZTR now then clubs must band together with a separate organisation covering the bricks and mortar side of racing.

29 minutes ago, nzhorseracing said:

Whats stopping trainers, jockeys and private enterprises doing it now?

One can't compete against a free product. With advertising the product could still be free. Its just this NZTR/RITA mindset "its only us that can do".

NZTR/RITA should concentrate on encouragement.

2 hours ago, nzhorseracing said:

https://www.racingnews.co.nz

They have a bit of content coming out, Rogerson/Ormsby/Price/Brennan, signup to their newsletter & get it in your inbox

I presume you have something to do with that website.

Tell me what original content does it produce? The way I see it NZTR/Racing Desk pays for producing the content and its just duplicated. OK the more sites the merrier for spreading the message but that formula doesn't encourage on the ground reporting. No wonder newspapers etc have given up on racing.

1 hour ago, nzhorseracing said:

Whats stopping trainers, jockeys and private enterprises doing it now?

They already are and perhaps thats the point.

Wev'e got Loveracing,NZracingnews,NZTM, we now have Te Rapa TV (I can't work that one out is the GM the GM or a media presenter?, once again surely NZ racing club land can move to shared services model) , RITA doing their idea of promoting racing prior to lockdown and content from trainers etc. Personally I find the majority of the content very repetitive i.e. same people being interviewed, saying the same things, there isn't a lot of common interest stories from what I can see and I'd have thought thats what these content providers would be providing.

Getting back to Te Rapa, I know there were a lot of horses went round, the track hadn't been raced on since February but appeared to cut out pretty badly well before the end of the day.

What's the opinion of those who were there?  Just asking.