RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tony

Do the Lone Ranger and Tonto have any balls.

With racing about to resume NZTR have put protocols in place in case there are to many nominations at time of acceptance. The excess horses will be Balloted or eliminated and would hopefully get a start the following week. I think that Owners that don't owe any Nomination,  Acceptance, scratching fees etc should be the first horses in.  With this huge outstanding debt of 1.7 million for nomination and acceptance fees of which 750K belongs to Trainers why should the owners who have been paying all along have their horses eliminated before these non payers.

I know that the CD Branch of the Owners Federation has asked NZTR to ask for collateral security from these bigger debtors before racing starts. You are in some cases talking tens of thousands of dollars and possibly six figures in some cases. 

Bernard Saundry and James Dunne have been brutal in their attacks on some smaller participants that have owed money and in some cases been in the process of paying money back. The NZTR Board Members have been aware of the way that Saundry and Dunne have operated against these minnows. Where are the Board members now. Is it because the culprits are either friends/ or colleagues of Board Members that they are staying silent. 

If Saundry, Dunne and the NZTR Board Members are not prepared to act and retrieve the bulk of this money owed then they should resign. In the past huge amounts have been written off. Will this be the pattern again and history repeat itself.

Are owners happy to have the horses they have worked hard to pay for in training be eliminated from races while the recipients of this preferential treatment get first options on starting. The time has come for owners to say NO

42 minutes ago, Tony said:

With racing about to resume NZTR have put protocols in place in case there are to many nominations at time of acceptance. The excess horses will be Balloted or eliminated and would hopefully get a start the following week. I think that Owners that don't owe any Nomination,  Acceptance, scratching fees etc should be the first horses in.  With this huge outstanding debt of 1.7 million for nomination and acceptance fees of which 750K belongs to Trainers why should the owners who have been paying all along have their horses eliminated before these non payers.

I know that the CD Branch of the Owners Federation has asked NZTR to ask for collateral security from these bigger debtors before racing starts. You are in some cases talking tens of thousands of dollars and possibly six figures in some cases. 

Bernard Saundry and James Dunne have been brutal in their attacks on some smaller participants that have owed money and in some cases been in the process of paying money back. The NZTR Board Members have been aware of the way that Saundry and Dunne have operated against these minnows. Where are the Board members now. Is it because the culprits are either friends/ or colleagues of Board Members that they are staying silent. 

If Saundry, Dunne and the NZTR Board Members are not prepared to act and retrieve the bulk of this money owed then they should resign. In the past huge amounts have been written off. Will this be the pattern again and history repeat itself.

Are owners happy to have the horses they have worked hard to pay for in training be eliminated from races while the recipients of this preferential treatment get first options on starting. The time has come for owners to say NO

Yes. The RIU should be active in sorting this out. It is a matter of licence holders and owners compliance with the Rules.

44 minutes ago, Tony said:

Great post Tony ,couldn't agree more!

1203 (1) From the date a person’s name appears on the Arrears List, or in any official arrears list published by Another Racing Authority:

(a) a horse in which such person has an interest, or NZTR reasonably considers to be under that person’s care, training, management, control or superintendence shall not be eligible to be entered in or start in any Race, unless NZTR approves otherwise in writing;

(b) such person shall not enter or start a horse in a Race or trial, (including a jump-out or test for certification purposes); and

(c) such person shall not enter or go upon a Racecourse or a Training Facility. Any person who acts in contravention of this paragraph (c) shall be removed from such facility by NZTR and commits a Serious Racing Offence.

Just now, dbtab said:

As an owner i am horrified that nobody has been named and shamed.I have paid all my bills and i expect everybody else should do the same or be penalised as the rules state ,no exceptions

Totally. No horse should run in any race where any connections are or should be on the Arrears list. Them's the rules. If they do or have then the results of those races must be amended to exclude those horses. This is the RIU's job to enforce the rules.

9 minutes ago, puha said:

Maybe we need a statement from Mr Saundry to set things straight and let us all know if this is fact or fiction .

It was asked in his facebook session a couple of weeks ago and he dodged the question.

15 minutes ago, dbtab said:

If my horse fails to get a start because some person who  owes money how can i stop this if there is no information who owes what

What if it gets a start and gets beaten by a horse whose connections are or should be on the Arrears list and not therefore eligible to hold a licence or race the horse?

4 hours ago, Leggy said:

1203 (1) From the date a person’s name appears on the Arrears List, or in any official arrears list published by Another Racing Authority:

(a) a horse in which such person has an interest, or NZTR reasonably considers to be under that person’s care, training, management, control or superintendence shall not be eligible to be entered in or start in any Race, unless NZTR approves otherwise in writing;

(b) such person shall not enter or start a horse in a Race or trial, (including a jump-out or test for certification purposes); and

(c) such person shall not enter or go upon a Racecourse or a Training Facility. Any person who acts in contravention of this paragraph (c) shall be removed from such facility by NZTR and commits a Serious Racing Offence.

(2) From the date a horse’s name appears in the Arrears List it shall, during the period it is listed, be prohibited from being entered for or being started in a Race and from being taken for any purposes to a Racecourse or into any other place controlled by a Club or any consortium or other entity of which a Club is a member or in which it is a participant. Any person who acts in contravention of this sub-Rule (2) commits a Serious Racing Offence, and the horse involved shall be, in addition to any other penalty which may be imposed, disqualified for the Race.

On 6/7/2020 at 4:26 PM, Leggy said:

11 November 2019 appears to be the most recent  ARREARS LIST- tucked away under Official Notices.

Is there a common theme however of owners not paying trainers?

If so what is been done to address it?

https://loveracing.nz/nztr/info-and-comms/nztr-publications

https://loveracing.nz/OnHorseFiles/Downloads/ARREARS LIST - 11 NOVEMBER 2019.pdf

24 minutes ago, meomy said:

11 November 2019 appears to be the most recent  ARREARS LIST- tucked away under Official Notices.

Is there a common theme however of owners not paying trainers?

If so what is been done to address it?

https://loveracing.nz/nztr/info-and-comms/nztr-publications

https://loveracing.nz/OnHorseFiles/Downloads/ARREARS LIST - 11 NOVEMBER 2019.pdf

Reading the arrears list you provide it seems there is nothing to this issue , no high profile operators or any large amounts owed by anyone .   The list just shows what a group of individuals who have left the industry owe , good luck with collecting that .

I seem to recall.......................in his Facebook Live,  Saundry didn't deny it was 1.7 mil.....rather stated that it was a complex matter.....and that he was working through it

would seem to suggest the Nov 2019 List …..is incomplete

20 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Reading the arrears list you provide it seems there is nothing to this issue , no high profile operators or any large amounts owed by anyone .   The list just shows what a group of individuals who have left the industry owe , good luck with collecting that .

If that's all there is to it, why does Bernard Saundry keep avoiding the issue. A simple referral to the list on this thread would suffice to those with concerns. More to it than meets the eye.

And over 6 months since it was published. What worries me is that if there were people who should have been on it that weren't but should not have been racing/training horses during that period, in fact have been. If anyone lost races to horses that should not have started, then it's not just complex but a huge mess and a gigantic integrity and transparency issue. Not saying that has happened, hopefully not but I fail to see why the matter can not be promptly clarified with appropriate and necessary detail provided.

9 minutes ago, Roger Sugrue said:

I seem to recall.......................in his Facebook Live,  Saundry didn't deny it was 1.7 mil.....rather stated that it was a complex matter.....and that he was working through it

The Nov list may be incomplete but not that far out of date , Nov 2019 , we have been out of business for almost 3 months so really it's quite up to date .

Perhaps there is more money owed  who knows but it could be these other debts (if they exist)  don't qualify to be on the list which means the rules around this issue don't apply . 

Now if anyone can prove a horse has a debt that should have been on the list surrounding it  when it wins then I think a protest by the horses who finish behind it  is in order .

10 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

The Nov list may be incomplete but not that far out of date , Nov 2019 , we have been out of business for almost 3 months so really it's quite up to date .

Not really. There's a lot of 28 day periods come and gone between then and now.

Arrears means any money payable by any person or body under these Rules or payable to NZTR or a Club in connection with any of its activities or operations and which remains unpaid for more than 28 days after becoming due for payment and includes any money or payment specifically deemed by any of these Rules to be Arrears.

I understand that the 1.7 million was as at July 31st 2019 so with an extra 8 months of racing the figure may be incorrect. You decide which way it might have moved. Bernard Saundry is dancing around the issue and it is very real and very complex alright. Especially if you have to front up to somebody who doesn't want to pay and thinks that racing can't do with out them. The simple "Bullying and intimidation" tactics that Saundry and James Dunne employee on small time participants won't work here.

23 minutes ago, Tony said:

I understand that the 1.7 million was as at July 31st 2019 so with an extra 8 months of racing the figure may be incorrect. You decide which way it might have moved. Bernard Saundry is dancing around the issue and it is very real and very complex alright. Especially if you have to front up to somebody who doesn't want to pay and thinks that racing can't do with out them. The simple "Bullying and intimidation" tactics that Saundry and James Dunne employee on small time participants won't work here.

That's correct. It's in the annual report. Increased from $1 million July 2018.

2019                  2018

Trade and sundry debtors from exchange transactions 2.2            1,711,725      1,033,143

Trade and sundry debtors from non-exchange transactions 2.2          46,750           73,768

I note that only about 250,000 of that was more than 30 days past due.