RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Trackside's night time stupidity

With  racing coming in from the UK at a time when for example the Derby would have been run out of all the rubbish overseas racing shown at least there is some interest there,

Now at night here in NZ all the TAB's are closed. There is no phone betting, don't know about touch tone. Anyway the point is you cant place a bet without seeing the odds on your phone, computer or whatever.  Then WHY WHY WHY do Trackside obliterate any view of the horses parading with the odds. With so many horses coming in from several months of non racing viewing the horses prior to the start a No1 priority rather than the form or odds. 

Hope when NZ racing restarts Trackside will take on board that punters would like to get a good look at the runners.

The last couple of saturdays I have been enjoying the racing coverage from Aus on channel7 as they have had it on free to air and able to be picked up on a few apps like freeflixhq .Their coverage is totally unobstructed , focussing on all races from randwick flemington and doomben today and having proper lead ups and post race summaries for the big three meetings with virtually no annoying graphics spoiling the view .BEST EVER.Ihope they extend the 6 week term.It is ironic that it seems to be provided by sky and the tab but it is so much better than what they provide to their paying subscribers,go figure

Well the great web site touted as having more options.

M50 was a meeting from France with this time a good lead up on Trackside. Sorted out Grey Way. Really with a name like that a stand out. Looked like Grey Way of old as well.

Went to website and no meeting 50. Seems the website can't handle a race with tote betting only although the result is there.  Must assume the race was only available over the counter at the TAB's which are closed. 

Grey Way ran just like the old Grey Way leading all the way.

On 6/6/2020 at 11:38 PM, Patiti said:

First4 Carry Forward $6,189.21

M50  R4 Big CF

I'm a bit slow on the uptake. So you are saying there was a decent jackpot for that race but the public were denied any betting. Therefore its possible somehow for those inside the TAB to bet on the jackpot without any other participants.

Most intriguing.  Wonder if the pool was struck. Never seen something like it. Makes sense if one was going to pull something of they would do it on a nondescript event no one would notice.

47 minutes ago, Patiti said:

Race 5 F4 paid $15k

I suppose for that to happen then $8000 would have been bet. I assume these pools are not commingled so that leaves just the app which I don't know showed the meeting or not. All I know is the web site certainly didn't have meeting 50 apart from the results.

On 6/6/2020 at 8:04 PM, Nukkledragga said:

The last couple of saturdays I have been enjoying the racing coverage from Aus on channel7 as they have had it on free to air and able to be picked up on a few apps like freeflixhq .

I have tried searching for "freeflixhq" (google playstore) but unfortunately have had no luck. I found "FreeFlix HQ 2020 new", but it didn't include any racing/sport. 

Any chance you could post a screenshot of the app that is needed? 

Many thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, Rusty said:

I have tried searching for "freeflixhq" (google playstore) but unfortunately have had no luck. I found "FreeFlix HQ 2020 new", but it didn't include any racing/sport. 

Any chance you could post a screenshot of the app that is needed? 

Many thanks in advance. 

Just do a google search and it will pop up top of the list just choose android or ios etc, also checkout youtube for chromecast apps which is how I first came across this and others like mobdro  which are the 2 best hassle free tv and movie apps