RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

Racing resumes early 20th June Pukekohe

Now someone put up their bet  on the 280 buck shot last week from HK, great work , can anyone put up proof they got the 16 buck quinela from Conception  this morning . Also any advice as to doing the Chilean Tuesday racing form so we can all get amongst it . 

I can't believe we need American racing on a saturday afternoon. We missed an Aussie gallop a week or so ago because they were busy showing a race from Charlestown or somewhere. It may only be a minor thing but it shows how out of touch they are. The first thing that needs to be done is to get rid of everyone left in TAB HQ who doesn't have a betting account and has never been to the races. They must think punters are fools. Well those fools will vote with their feet pretty quickly.

3 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

140 odd going around at today's Rangiora trials. I hope they don't all expect a start at Riccarton. Be interesting to see how many races they want to run at Riccarton.

If the numbers attending trials and jumpouts is anything to go by,NZTR are going to look pretty silly with what they have planned for a return to racing. Hopefully for their sake many are just being educated and not expecting a run. 

The question begs though,  I thought they did a ring around so how could they have potentially got it so wrong? 

1 hour ago, Huey said:

If the numbers attending trials and jumpouts is anything to go by,NZTR are going to look pretty silly with what they have planned for a return to racing. Hopefully for their sake many are just being educated and not expecting a run. 

The question begs though,  I thought they did a ring around so how could they have potentially got it so wrong? 

And remember, horses can only trial once, so every set of trials is a brand new batch of horses.

Sadly, NZTR have been getting most things wrong for quite a while so it is hardly surprising they are getting this wrong.

Can you just imagine the shambles in a week or two when they try splitting up fields from the open noms. The only positive is that we won't have 5 or 6 rating 82s running around for $30,000.

25 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I can confirm that Pukekohe will have 9 tote staff run terminals next Saturday.   There will be no SST at this meeting.  Not sure on future.

Hi Shane , I know I bang on a bit about it but I am old fashion I like a pen and race book to note how I plan to lose money and as a reference on track at paddock or chk colours , what is the situation as to on course race books.  I like them to look back through from time to time .

52 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

And remember, horses can only trial once, so every set of trials is a brand new batch of horses.

Sadly, NZTR have been getting most things wrong for quite a while so it is hardly surprising they are getting this wrong.

Can you just imagine the shambles in a week or two when they try splitting up fields from the open noms. The only positive is that we won't have 5 or 6 rating 82s running around for $30,000.

I believe the 1 trial rule has been relaxed, but certainly as you say this lot will be unique numbers with not much else on.

54 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Yes  a shambles it will be, I'm sure there will be no favouritism,bias,hooky or the like from them, their impartiality knows no bounds in my experience.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

They're reviewing/changing? the one trial requirement.

55 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Great news Shane, now waiting to hear from CJC re their meeting on the 27th, will be quite a few missing that I know of if the machines are it, too much too soon

The operators are now being phased out over 12 months.

2 hours ago, Huey said:

They rang only 56 trainers but then supposedly surveyed all trainers and got about 300 responses. Tim did sound surprised at the trial jumpout numbers though so I don't know what went wrong there.

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

They rang only 56 trainers but then supposedly surveyed all trainers and got about 300 responses. Tim did sound surprised at the trial jumpout numbers though so I don't know what went wrong there.

300 trainers should have given them a fair idea, of course this sort of surveying should have been going on long before the industry got to this state, to formulate fields and meetings.

Just whats the logic clubs running jumps racing this year. In the olden days the rationale for jumps racing was it provided a spectacle for the crowd. With so many horses trialing its plain illogical resuming jumps racing. At a time of cost cutting jumps racing can get the chop. Jumps jockeys can ride jumpers on the flat.

What kind of promotion is it seeing an exhausted horse fall at the last fence. Rider carted off in an ambulance and the flash new horse ambulance given a workout. UK does jumps racing professionally. NZ can't.

28 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Just whats the logic clubs running jumps racing this year. In the olden days the rationale for jumps racing was it provided a spectacle for the crowd. With so many horses trialing its plain illogical resuming jumps racing. At a time of cost cutting jumps racing can get the chop. Jumps jockeys can ride jumpers on the flat.

What kind of promotion is it seeing an exhausted horse fall at the last fence. Rider carted off in an ambulance and the flash new horse ambulance given a workout. UK does jumps racing professionally. NZ can't.

Its not everyone's cup of tea and I can see your point , but personally I can't wait for it!

46 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Why not. The jumpers would have been getting prepared before covid and most of them are trained on trainers properties and a lot of them would have been able to keep going.

Waverley Point To Point today.

8 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Hi Shane , I know I bang on a bit about it but I am old fashion I like a pen and race book to note how I plan to lose money and as a reference on track at paddock or chk colours , what is the situation as to on course race books.  I like them to look back through from time to time .

Hi Red Rum. We will have race books but bring your own pen. 🙂

On 6/11/2020 at 12:14 PM, Leggy said:

They're reviewing/changing? the one trial requirement.

Meeting News

Racing Policy Update – June/July

After consultation with club managers and the trainers’ association the restriction around the number of trials a horse can have has been removed effective immediately. This restriction was initially brought in to encourage horses to race as part of the ‘return to racing’. Indications are that numbers are strong. Preference will be given to horses having their first trial in a preparation if the trial meeting is over-subscribed. Also discussed with these groups, together with the jockeys’ association, was the introduction of the extra 1kg in terms of the weight scale. It was unanimously agreed that this will remain in place until 31 July 2020.

On 6/11/2020 at 3:02 PM, Huey said:

300 trainers should have given them a fair idea, of course this sort of surveying should have been going on long before the industry got to this state, to formulate fields and meetings.

Two Extra North Island Meetings – Wanganui and Ellerslie

Two extra race-meetings have been scheduled for the ‘Return to Racing’ period.

A race-meeting has been scheduled for Wanganui for Thursday 25 June. Strong numbers of horses at jumpouts/trials including 106 participants at the Waverley Point to Point on 11 June suggest there is plenty of interest. Notwithstanding the indication of strong numbers, this meeting will not proceed unless there are sufficient numbers for eight good-sized fields. Highweight races will be scheduled over distances of 1600m and 2060m as well as races over 800m, 1200m and 1360m. These races will be Open Entry races and will be run for a stake of $15,000.

In the Northern region the Auckland RC will now race at Ellerslie on Saturday 11 July with the currently scheduled Counties meeting moving back four days to Wednesday 15 July. The additional meeting will also have stakes of $15,000 per race and be Open Entry with the distances of 880m, 1200m, 1400m 1600m and 2200m being applicable at Ellerslie. The highweight races that were scheduled for Counties will now be run at the Ellerslie meeting.

Where the highweight races at both meetings are programmed and potentially split, NZTR in conjunction with the club will decide what races to allocate as the highweight. This will be done after nominations close.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:16 PM, Leggy said:

The operators are now being phased out over 12 months.

They should be revising the decision to do away with human being operators.

People need jobs.

Shame on those who think "machines" should replace humans.

Who has the contract with providing "Self Serving Terminal machines"?

How often is that contract reviewed?

Was it ever advertised for Tender when it was first introduced?

It may be viewed as been Anti-competitive under various legislation.

Remember that there's been a Court Case involving PAYMART (?) that involved Anti-Competitive practices , COMCOM, and people have been annoyed during Covid19 and not been able to use or accept CASH as legal tender....

The phasing out of human being TAB & other operators to SST is short sighted and likely to result in arbitrary practices of using a form of debit/ credit card in future for betting.

Just like at bars where they have had SST's it's soul less and takes away the joy of participation in any recreation like Horse Racing.

One of the key attractions for a day at the races is communicating with others.

Keep the TAB operators and real jobs.

It's what makes for a better society.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 11:19 AM, shaneMcAlister said:

I can confirm that Pukekohe will have 9 tote staff run terminals next Saturday.   There will be no SST at this meeting.  Not sure on future.

What steps are Counties taking to ensure we have traditional Radio coverage, as in the need to have Radio Trackside back on air as we know it, of the Races?

There's many a person who is hurting at the barbaric way they have been isolated bc of Covid19.

Plenty live on their own or are now in situations they are cutting out or downsizing with internet packages and other expenses as they have lost jobs.

Human contact is important in society.