RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

Racing resumes early 20th June Pukekohe

7 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Being stuck outback in a one horse hick town doesn't really give you an idea whats going on. I see the idiots congregating in bars around Auckland carrying on in an arrogant fashion with no precautions at all. They are the people that would be doing the same all day so bringing them together in these locations the risk is magnified all that much more. I've just got a hunch there will be serious outbreak in NZ in the next couple of months.

Iam no virus expert at all but where's it going to pop up from now , thousands got together last week in Auckland and zilch so far . I doubt a race meeting with punters on course is any risk what so ever . IMHO time to move on to normal the new normal in that it's the old normal minus border open .

2 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Iam no virus expert at all but where's it going to pop up from now , thousands got together last week in Auckland and zilch so far . I doubt a race meeting with punters on course is any risk what so ever . IMHO time to move on to normal the new normal in that it's the old normal minus border open .

I don't think anyone is an expert. If groups congregate outdoors especially with good sunlight from what I've read thats OK. Most of the professionals agree that winter  is the dangerous time. Thats the risk in releasing the controls at this time.

5 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

I don't think anyone is an expert. If groups congregate outdoors especially with good sunlight from what I've read thats OK. Most of the professionals agree that winter  is the dangerous time. Thats the risk in releasing the controls at this time.

But where's the bug hiding , only one person's got it and been that way for a while .Kids at school,  sports back, scrums being put down  this week in training from tomorrow . I cannot see where it's going to pop up with borders so tight now .

53 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

But where's the bug hiding , only one person's got it and been that way for a while .Kids at school,  sports back, scrums being put down  this week in training from tomorrow . I cannot see where it's going to pop up with borders so tight now .

Where does any ‘Flu’ like bug normally hide 

On 6/6/2020 at 4:01 PM, Nerula said:

I am hearing of a guy that went to withdraw funds from an account but was denied. If I cant cash out I wont bet at the races. Find an illegal Bookie maybe is what people will resort to.

Attitudes like this is one of the reasons that the TAB went broke surely?

19 hours ago, fermoy said:

Attitudes like this is one of the reasons that the TAB went broke surely?

Perhaps they think they are better off only taking deposits,if you want to withdraw get fucked is what they tell ya lol

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Te Rapa Trials today. 33 Heats. 293 entries. I would say dozens won’t get a start at Pukekohe on the 20th or the next few weeks.

We were ready to go to a 1000m heat, but they had so many entries they've canned a couple of the heats, so we're having to go to Ellerslie...

There won't be enough races.

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

Te Rapa Trials today. 33 Heats. 293 entries. I would say dozens won’t get a start at Pukekohe on the 20th or the next few weeks.

Could this be the reason why NZTR made the rule "Only one Trial before a horse can race"  or did I read where they were implementing the "one Trial" rule so that they would have bigger numbers for fields when racing resumed. They have certainly got a good handle on this and we certainly need more people working in the NZTR offices so they can make more unnecessary rules like this one.

Levin have over 150 horses for their Jumpouts tomorrow. This is after 120 horses at Waverley Jumpouts last Friday and 85 horses at Foxton Trials last Thursday.

When racing starts, who will be balloted. Who will be eliminated.

2 hours ago, Tony said:
  2 hours ago, gubellini said:

Could this be the reason why NZTR made the rule "Only one Trial before a horse can race"  or did I read where they were implementing the "one Trial" rule so that they would have bigger numbers for fields when racing resumed. They have certainly got a good handle on this and we certainly need more people working in the NZTR offices so they can make more unnecessary rules like this one.

Levin have over 150 horses for their Jumpouts tomorrow. This is after 120 horses at Waverley Jumpouts last Friday and 85 horses at Foxton Trials last Thursday.

When racing starts, who will be balloted. Who will be eliminated.

And no race meeting in the CD for another 3 weeks on Saturday . If there are enough noms at Counties to run 12/13 races , will they ? , will there be enough funding if they wanted to run them ? .

11 minutes ago, nomates said:

And no race meeting in the CD for another 3 weeks on Saturday . If there are enough noms at Counties to run 12/13 races , will they ? , will there be enough funding if they wanted to run them ? .

Next up , horse wins or places in a race , doesn't get a start for next 4-6 weeks, while it sits out waiting for others to go around. Maybe more meetings less stakes was the go?

7 minutes ago, Huey said:

Next up , horse wins or places in a race , doesn't get a start for next 4-6 weeks, while it sits out waiting for others to go around. Maybe more meetings less stakes was the go?

Never less stakes anymore.  Never.  Surely more races will mean more turnover.

33 minutes ago, nomates said:

If the industry can't afford to run a ten race programme of $15,000 races with full fields on a Saturday I can't really see that there is any point continuing.

15 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Never less stakes anymore.  Never.  Surely more races will mean more turnover.

So you would rather see 112 horses go around for $15,000 stakes while 200 horses stay at home, instead of 280 horses going around in two ten race cards with $10,000 stakes?

44 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

So you would rather see 112 horses go around for $15,000 stakes while 200 horses stay at home, instead of 280 horses going around in two ten race cards with $10,000 stakes?

No I would rather see 280 horses go around for $30k minimum. 

We can’t carry on accepting this shit, otherwise we are okaying it. 

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

If they cant run two ten race cards at $15k per race , will it be an indicator of their financial situation .

With numbers at the Foxton trials along with 120 at Waverley jumpouts and 150 at tomorrow's Levin  jumpouts , why have they not put on a meeting in the CD sooner than the 4th July . The industry participants have fullfilled their side of the equation , NZTR needs to step up , or again is it just a funding issue ?

30 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

No I would rather see 280 horses go around for $30k minimum. 

We can’t carry on accepting this shit, otherwise we are okaying it. 

How do you propose funding it? Obviously the turnovers, especially for poorer quality horses in the winter, can't sustain it and no sponsor is interested in attaching their name to it. On course possibilities seem to have been abandoned by the current regime, which is where innovative clubs traditionally have been able to earn a few dollars to boost stakes. I was just looking at the list of clubs who have been dumped for the coming season and they are virtually all clubs with higher than average on course turnovers. So obviously the industry is now going to rely almost totally on off course turnovers to fund stakes, but without any marketing resources to support this. Interesting world we live in.

6 minutes ago, nomates said:

If they cant run two ten race cards at $15k per race , will it be an indicator of their financial situation .

With numbers at the Foxton trials along with 120 at Waverley jumpouts and 150 at tomorrow's Levin  jumpouts , why have they not put on a meeting in the CD sooner than the 4th July . The industry participants have fullfilled their side of the equation , NZTR needs to step up , or again is it just a funding issue ?

It's either a funding issue or incompetence, or a combo of the two. I honestly don't know. It would be interesting to know what level of turnover is needed to fund a $150,000 meeting, and what turnovers a typical meeting does. I see harness t/o figures are available for the meetings they have conducted recently A bit of transparency like that would do wonders to help industry participants understand where they stand. A lot of people don't seem to realise current stakes are surprisingly high given current turnovers.

49 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

How do you propose funding it? Obviously the turnovers, especially for poorer quality horses in the winter, can't sustain it and no sponsor is interested in attaching their name to it. On course possibilities seem to have been abandoned by the current regime, which is where innovative clubs traditionally have been able to earn a few dollars to boost stakes. I was just looking at the list of clubs who have been dumped for the coming season and they are virtually all clubs with higher than average on course turnovers. So obviously the industry is now going to rely almost totally on off course turnovers to fund stakes, but without any marketing resources to support this. Interesting world we live in.

What other business proposes selling it's product by removing it's advertising/information around it's product , all the while thinking this will build it's revenue .

51 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

If we don't improve prize money we are heading down a ever decreasing circle.  If you own 1% of a horse in a syndicate then it probably makes little difference, however those out there owning more than 25% of a horse won't last!!

People don't get into horse racing to make money, but they will get out because of the lack of return.