RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

Racing resumes early 20th June Pukekohe

I see all races at Pukekohe have a $15,000 stake which is a bit of a nice surprise. As far as the share market is concerned it is nothing more nor less than a glorified TAB and rises or falls have little to do with the quality of so many of the companies. Some companies never even pay a dividend but have huge increases in the share price proving that they are for punters not investors.

14 minutes ago, eastern whipbird said:

I see all races at Pukekohe have a $15,000 stake which is a bit of a nice surprise. As far as the share market is concerned it is nothing more nor less than a glorified TAB and rises or falls have little to do with the quality of so many of the companies. Some companies never even pay a dividend but have huge increases in the share price proving that they are for punters not investors.

EB, Where have you been hiding? The $15k stakes through to 31 July have been well advised since April 30th.

3 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

EB, Where have you been hiding? The $15k stakes through to 31 July have been well advised since April 30th.

That aside, I wouldn't have thought that companies that re-invest in the growth of their business rather than pay money out to shareholders are not for investors.

5 hours ago, Leggy said:

That aside, I wouldn't have thought that companies that re-invest in the growth of their business rather than pay money out to shareholders are not for investors.

What about those that do share buybacks to increase share price - and the excec bonuses! 

On 6/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, Baz (NZ) said:

I hope the punters can get interested.....

Quite a few slow ones among those Nom's...they'll be even slower after a 3 months break if it's a Heavy 11 on Saturday. 🙈

Flippers and Oxygen tanks spring to mind if rain is forecasted as well. 🙊

It's pissing down...is there such a thing as a Heavy12? 🙈

42 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

With the lack of rain leading up to the meeting, how was the track a Heavy 11 at nomination time?

Hi Chris

There was 55mls of rain in the 7 days prior to noms.  Situation of the track and shortest days makes it hard.

It will be a nice surface albeit a winter one.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Best selection method will be the dartboard I reckon. Going to be deep or at best bloody sticky - unless, of course, they whistle up Ruakaka. Depending on how much rain just imagine the fallout if they canned it.

3 months of no racing and then they can it?,

Total madness expecting 11 full size fields this year at Pukekohe.

Best solution run 6 at Pukekohe and transfer the balance to Avondale the next day.

Or is there a plan B that the new regime RITA/NZTR have in store.??  Problem I see is that unlike Pukekohe, Avondale don't have someone on the Board of RITA.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Best solution run 6 at Pukekohe and transfer the balance to Avondale the next day.

Or is there a plan B that the new regime RITA/NZTR have in store.??  Problem I see is that unlike Pukekohe, Avondale don't have someone on the Board of RITA.

Maybe move races over to Gisborne,often nice weather there.

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Best selection method will be the dartboard I reckon. Going to be deep or at best bloody sticky - unless, of course, they whistle up Ruakaka. Depending on how much rain just imagine the fallout if they canned it.

They selected the July tracks based on whether or not they had fibre optic cable installed, not because they had suitable winter footing.

1 minute ago, Leggy said:

They selected the July tracks based on whether or not they had fibre optic cable installed, not because they had suitable winter footing.

Wait till they get to ascot park in july.im not knocking the place but it is the dead of winter in july,be interesting to see if many horses around,I see the grand national meeting is no longer but races at wingatui and gore 4 august in draft  so who knows what will happen

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Exactly and this mess plays into their "we need an AWT solution" !

47 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Wait till they get to ascot park in july.im not knocking the place but it is the dead of winter in july,be interesting to see if many horses around,I see the grand national meeting is no longer but races at wingatui and gore 4 august in draft  so who knows what will happen

Has it ever been any different in July though?, Trentham another all hardwork but thats winter racing, quite looking forward to Pukekohe on Saturday strange but interesting fields in that makes sense.

Some sympathy for track manager here, the course will be a mess after the last race, I think racing will be right across the entire straight later in the day. From a betting perspective a tough slog as well

17 minutes ago, arjay said:

Some sympathy for track manager here, the course will be a mess after the last race, I think racing will be right across the entire straight later in the day. From a betting perspective a tough slog as well

Rain at track for last 6 weeks is 197mm. 

Still can't wait for racing again.

8 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Who does these track ratings?

47.79 800m 

Rated h11 BEFORE the rain.....go figure

Two brilliant days so Counties will get away with it. However in general not a good idea carding 11 races in winter.

Can someone shut those bookies up. Hardly essential. Their odds are not "traded" as one bookie on Trackside keeps telling viewers. If there was a semblance of "trading" NZTAB would not get any business. Their odds are mostly 100%  worse than overseas bookies or tote.