RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

Racing resumes early 20th June Pukekohe

Thoroughbred racing will resume earlier than anticipated with the Counties Racing Club hosting a meeting on Saturday 20 June.

NZ Thoroughbred Racing (NZTR) announced the move today based on feedback from trainers who have indicated they had horses ready to return to the track sooner than the planned resumption in early July.

“We are delighted we can resume earlier than originally expected,” NZTR CEO Bernard Saundry said.

“Our first race meetings since lockdown will be held with owners being able to attend and, with the expectation that the country may soon move to level one, it might be that full crowds will be able to be on course from the outset.”

The meeting scheduled to Counties is an addition to the original calendar and will carry the same $15,000 stakes across the board, with free nomination and acceptance for all starters and payment back to 14th place in each race.  

“RITA and the code have worked together to make this earlier start possible,” Saundry said.

The Canterbury Jockey Club meeting originally programmed for Friday 3 July, will move to Saturday 27 June.  Racing in the Central Districts will get underway, as planned, at Awapuni on Saturday 4 July, which will also see the second Northern meeting of the resumption period at Te Rapa.

“As we build up to this earlier return to racing NZTR would like to thank all industry participants – our clubs, owners, trainers, jockeys, trackwork riders and stablehands – for doing what was required during lockdown.  The industry also worked together to ensure that protocols were followed when horses returned to their respective training facilities,” Saundry said.

“Trials at Foxton today will be the first of six sets of official trials held prior to the new resumption date so we are now counting the days until racing’s return on 20 June,” he said.

Shane

Assuming we move to level 1 this week (insanity that we haven't already done so) and therefore no restriction on crowd size  can you advise if there will be tote operators at Counties or just self serve machines. If no operators (again madness) how many of these self serve machines will you have on course?

Cheers

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Shane

Assuming we move to level 1 this week (insanity that we haven't already done so) and therefore no restriction on crowd size  can you advise if there will be tote operators at Counties or just self serve machines. If no operators (again madness) how many of these self serve machines will you have on course?

Cheers

Hi Ted. This is all to be finalised yet. Apparently NZTR and Rita working through if the club will have face to face betting (looking like they will at reduced levels). We are getting a few SST to leave at our course over following two months. 

I hope to ask RITA why we can’t have to keep a handful of the face to face terminals to leave permanently at our club and operate ourselves like a club or pub does. 

20 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Shane

Cheers

Hate to think what would have happened if you were in charge of the response. So its madness NZ has so far escaped the worse of the virus. Until its cleared overseas NZ is still at its mercy. I see the way some of the greedies are  behaving and its putting us all at risk. The real winter is coming and its madness throwing caution to the wind,

51 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Hate to think what would have happened if you were in charge of the response. So its madness NZ has so far escaped the worse of the virus. Until its cleared overseas NZ is still at its mercy. I see the way some of the greedies are  behaving and its putting us all at risk. The real winter is coming and its madness throwing caution to the wind,

Well we would be at level 1 so that NZr's can get on with business properly in NZ. Level 1 still has border control and that is where the threat is. There has been no community transmission in NZ since April 30th (38 days). No new cases for the 16th straight day, no one in hospital and only one active case (a woman in her 50s in Auckland). The leaked paper to cabinet recommended that level I could be implemented after 28 days of no community transmission. Again, we should be at Level 1 right now.      

18 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi Ted. This is all to be finalised yet. Apparently NZTR and Rita working through if the club will have face to face betting (looking like they will at reduced levels). We are getting a few SST to leave at our course over following two months. 

I hope to ask RITA why we can’t have to keep a handful of the face to face terminals to leave permanently at our club and operate ourselves like a club or pub does. 

Thanks Shane.

It would be an interesting exercise with both operators and SST's on-course to monitor which preference of betting patrons actually use at your upcoming meetings.  I know at my local TAB where they have have had a SST machine for a couple of years at least, that it is largely redundant, as customers much prefer using the counter operator.    

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Hi Slam Dunk

With no viruses in NZ surely we can be back to normal. All businesses should be able to operate at full bore. My personal business has not turned over a dollar since beginning of April. While lawyers, supermarkets all full bore. Not fair, one for all all for one. 

26 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Well we would be at level 1 so that NZr's can get on with business properly in NZ. Level 1 still has border control and that is where the threat is. There has been no community transmission in NZ since April 30th (38 days). No new cases for the 16th straight day, no one in hospital and only one active case (a woman in her 50s in Auckland). The leaked paper to cabinet recommended that level I could be implemented after 28 days of no community transmission. Again, we should be at Level 1 right now.      

Being stuck outback in a one horse hick town doesn't really give you an idea whats going on. I see the idiots congregating in bars around Auckland carrying on in an arrogant fashion with no precautions at all. They are the people that would be doing the same all day so bringing them together in these locations the risk is magnified all that much more. I've just got a hunch there will be serious outbreak in NZ in the next couple of months.

4 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi Slam Dunk

With no viruses in NZ surely we can be back to normal. All businesses should be able to operate at full bore. My personal business has not turned over a dollar since beginning of April. While lawyers, supermarkets all full bore. Not fair, one for all all for one. 

As you say some businesses are booming some not. You wouldn't believe it but the US stockmarkets are at record levels. So clearly the affect on those businesses has been negligible. In fact it has allowed businesses to restructure, give excuse for releasing employees. No affect on real estate prices.

Even so its a crazy situation seeing the sharemarkets soaring.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

As you say some businesses are booming some not. You wouldn't believe it but the US stockmarkets are at record levels. So clearly the affect on those businesses has been negligible. In fact it has allowed businesses to restructure, give excuse for releasing employees. No affect on real estate prices.

Even so its a crazy situation seeing the sharemarkets soaring.

Sharemarkets have me complexed, I thought they would be hit hard.  I suppose when you only get 1% return on funds in the bank you might as well put your funds ease where.

2 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Sharemarkets have me complexed, I thought they would be hit hard.  I suppose when you only get 1% return on funds in the bank you might as well put your funds ease where.

You need to take the word "Market" out of the term "Share Markets" . Price discovery is a missing element .  The central banks control the action and how long their paper is good we shall see ....