RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Now it's Greg who's gone - when will the bleeding stop?

15 hours ago, Mikie said:

You are holding Auckland up as a shining light at what? 

If Auckland are so good please explain to me

(a) why Cambridge gets 99 starters 2 weeks ago, and 110 acceptors this week; while ATC in between get 83 starters. Note i'm not referring to the ATC's forst meeting back, when they blamed their low numbers on a short turnaround. The 3 meetings I'm referring to are all 7 days apart from each other.

(b) how good their financial position is?

(c) how their building development is going?

Holding Auckland up as a shining light is like saying the Warriors are the best and most well respected team in the NRL

Mikie

This was 10-15 years ago Mikie when things were much different. When quality qualified staff leave and are replaced with people who have no bloody idea what they are doing, the result is the chaos you see now. It sickens me and many others what has happened at the ATC.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

This was 10-15 years ago Mikie when things were much different. When quality qualified staff leave and are replaced with people who have no bloody idea what they are doing, the result is the chaos you see now. It sickens me and many others what has happened at the ATC.

Well, since I can’t remember 10-15 years ago what ATC did in Marketing and Promotion that was superior to NZMTC I’ll bow out of that aspect

I’ll agree with you with the remainder of your post. They wouldn’t have got in this deep a mess if Brian Meale was still in charge

My gut feeling is that Manawatu will get some dates back, perhaps 3-4 two day meetings and some days shared with the Greyhounds, because surely someone with some nous must realise that ATC’s survival isn’t a cast iron certainty

Mikie

3 hours ago, Mikie said:

In respect of HRNZ they cannot be compared to the excesses at RITA for example.

Given RITA have reduced numbers from 700 to 400 you are talking nonsense

3 hours ago, Mikie said:

He was also not well regarded in the Class IV gambling industry

Given your the expert on that subject  we might be able to agree😃

Greg

24 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Given RITA have reduced numbers from 700 to 400 you are talking nonsense

Given your the expert on that subject  we might be able to agree😃

Greg

Greg, try to comprehend and read posts in the context they are made. When comparing HRNZ to "the excesses at RITA" it is obvious I was referring to RiITA's excesses prior to any cuts being made ie over the years previous to Covid and previous to any recent cost-cutting. I'm sure that's how every other poster but you read it

As another poster succinctly put it, you are a piss arsed keyboard warrior with below average spelling ability as well. Now what about your list of accomplishments that we are waiting on?

Mikie

30 minutes ago, Stables said:

What is the relevance of anybodys list of achievements Mike. We're all entitled to our opinion and this is a site where we can express those opinions

I think that I would respect someone's opinion more if they had contributed something to the industry, or even achieved something

That's my prerogative isn't it Stables?

Mikie

2 hours ago, Mikie said:

Well, since I can’t remember 10-15 years ago what ATC did in Marketing and Promotion that was superior to NZMTC I’ll bow out of that aspect

I’ll agree with you with the remainder of your post. They wouldn’t have got in this deep a mess if Brian Meale was still in charge

My gut feeling is that Manawatu will get some dates back, perhaps 3-4 two day meetings and some days shared with the Greyhounds, because surely someone with some nous must realise that ATC’s survival isn’t a cast iron certainty

Mikie

We were miles ahead Mikie, and I worked with Brian so helped introduce a lot of positive changes there. Unfortunately, the general opinion of many Club “experts” was that any Advertising/Marketing activity was a waste of time and money......not a clue most of them.

14 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

We were miles ahead Mikie, and I worked with Brian so helped introduce a lot of positive changes there. Unfortunately, the general opinion of many Club “experts” was that any Advertising/Marketing activity was a waste of time and money......not a clue most of them.

Not a clue now either it appears

Mikie

5 hours ago, mikenz said:

Maybe depressed after poster on here spotted only 24 people in crowd on sunday,may have thought if no one else is here why should I be 😃

24 people in members area while the rugby crowd were lined up out the door to get into spectators bar. I do agree the members area is very disappointing on Sundays and have suggested owners are invited into that area . The overall crowd was good on Sunday but man I'm looking forward to Methven on the 13th of September.

2 hours ago, Jeep said:

You would have to ask Greg ! 
But he did say that he would only do the job if he could make changes !

The old team wouldn’t want that !

Should have known that before he went back.....the CEO was a strange decision and that may have had something to do with it.

8 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Should have known that before he went back.....the CEO was a strange decision and that may have had something to do with it.

The CEO was a great decision and is far more racing friendly than the last 2 and definitely ahead of the Met Board .

Best ever appointment - Ohokaman and I think most would agree.

Maybe programmer needs reviewing before finger pointing at Brian .

Too many people already doing the job he was employed to do as per his job description. They were all tripping over each other.

Why would you appoint a Foods and Beverage person as your CEO?

Supposedly starting a Trackside / Box Seat type production but still employed by Addington on a contract basis.

Should be more up market with interviews / previews etc than what the amateurs there are producing at the moment.

All will come to light

Hidden
   21 hours ago,  Ohokaman said: 

The CEO was a great decision and is far more racing friendly than the last 2 and definitely ahead of the Met Board .

Best ever appointment - Ohokaman and I think most would agree.

Maybe programmer needs reviewing before finger pointing at Brian

On 8/13/2020 at 9:12 PM, MAJESTIC said:

Why would you appoint a Foods and Beverage person as your CEO?

Because he was the best candidate for starters , knows the business well from all perspectives and should have got the job once McKenzie left

Greg

On 8/13/2020 at 9:12 PM, MAJESTIC said:

Supposedly starting a Trackside / Box Seat type production

Im pretty sure Trackside will not be working with him any time soon.  Any production work he does will therefore need to find another outlet for it distribution.

Greg