RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Now it's Greg who's gone - when will the bleeding stop?

5 hours ago, Stables said:

Mikey, you will have to speak to HRNZ about their competency for the job, I didn't hire them. I wonder how much their total salaries add up to?

Stables, you have missed my point, I was just incredulous that you don't know who does what

John Toohey is in IT, not Marketing, and he is superb as is Victor Rolton

Mikie

2 hours ago, Stables said:

the IT department exists as a promotional activity for HRNZ

Don't be stupid

You're clutching at straws

IT isn't Marketing, most here know what John Toohey does (and does well)

Bryce Stenberg is a Systems Engineer, also IT

Melanie McLean, Li Hao Sheng also not in Marketing

David Rolton does Registrations, again, not Marketing

You've been shown up making a sweeping generalisation, then tried to justify it with names you're found on the HRNZ website, and now you're making yourself look really silly

Mikie

On 6/21/2020 at 8:01 PM, Stables said:

Grow up you infantile moron

Tsk Tsk Stables

Wasn't it you that said that resorting to name calling is not on?

You are the moron, you have just rattled names off from the HRNZ website, what's more you've even listed them in the order that they appear on the website, when they aren't Marketing

I think perhaps Sir, you need to grow up, man up, and say you had no idea what you were talking about

Mikie

I wondered how long you would take to get back to me on this subject Mike. Have you been away for a couple of days. Nothing too troubling I hope. In reply to your question I would state that the reason for such a large IT team is the desire by HRNZ to utilise their website to promote Harness Racing. In addition to the IT team there are 4 others that are directly used in promotion. I agree I would not have the detailed knowledge of the workings of the HRNZ, as unlike you, I have never been privy to their back room activities

2 hours ago, Stables said:

I wondered how long you would take to get back to me on this subject Mike. Have you been away for a couple of days. Nothing too troubling I hope. In reply to your question I would state that the reason for such a large IT team is the desire by HRNZ to utilise their website to promote Harness Racing. In addition to the IT team there are 4 others that are directly used in promotion. I agree I would not have the detailed knowledge of the workings of the HRNZ, as unlike you, I have never been privy to their back room activities

Yes, I have been busy with my father being admitted to Hospital. Is that a good enough excuse for ignoring you?

You are incorrect, being in IT doesn't mean they just work on the website

It is a long bow to draw to try and justify your sweeping generalisation

I think everyone on here knows you were wrong but won't admit it

Mikie

I’m not utterly sure from your smart ass comment that you didn’t already know about my family member being admitted to Hospital, but in case you were being genuine thank you

Your sweeping generalisation was that NZMTC and HRNZ were “overstaffed with PR people”. Clearly you had no idea how many PR people either had, 

If I make a statement that reads as gospel I either know it is correct or I retract it if I’m wrong, unlike you 

If I do not have the facts I might say that “I believe”, “ I understand” or “I’m told”. You don’t, you state something that you think as though you know it for a fact. Counting a Systems Analyst as a PR person is ridiculous, but you’ve gone so far now you obviously feel that continuing to bluff and bluster until people forget the thread is better than saying you had no idea how many staff they had

For the record Addington reduced the Racing Department staff by 1 either pre or during COVID, so the numbers will be the same after (presumably) Greg’s appointment despite the number of race days roughly doubling. Yes, the salary package will increase

Looking at it another way, the guy has worked at NZMTC before, so if the Club is happy to rehire him he must have done, or be doing, something right

32 minutes ago, Mikie said:

I’m not utterly sure from your smart ass comment that you didn’t already know about my family member being admitted to Hospital, but in case you were being genuine thank you

Your sweeping generalisation was that NZMTC and HRNZ were “overstaffed with PR people”. Clearly you had no idea how many PR people either had, 

If I make a statement that reads as gospel I either know it is correct or I retract it if I’m wrong, unlike you 

If I do not have the facts I might say that “I believe”, “ I understand” or “I’m told”. You don’t, you state something that you think as though you know it for a fact. Counting a Systems Analyst as a PR person is ridiculous, but you’ve gone so far now you obviously feel that continuing to bluff and bluster until people forget the thread is better than saying you had no idea how many staff they had

For the record Addington reduced the Racing Department staff by 1 either pre or during COVID, so the numbers will be the same after (presumably) Greg’s appointment despite the number of race days roughly doubling. Yes, the salary package will increase

Looking at it another way, the guy has worked at NZMTC before, so if the Club is happy to rehire him he must have done, or be doing, something right

That last sentence says it all....the NZMTC marketing has always been bloody hopeless...so far behind Auckland they were out of sight.
Godber didn’t help of course, but guess who  ran that department...? 

50 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

That last sentence says it all....the NZMTC marketing has always been bloody hopeless...so far behind Auckland they were out of sight.
Godber didn’t help of course, but guess who  ran that department...? 

You are holding Auckland up as a shining light at what? 

If Auckland are so good please explain to me

(a) why Cambridge gets 99 starters 2 weeks ago, and 110 acceptors this week; while ATC in between get 83 starters. Note i'm not referring to the ATC's forst meeting back, when they blamed their low numbers on a short turnaround. The 3 meetings I'm referring to are all 7 days apart from each other.

(b) how good their financial position is?

(c) how their building development is going?

Holding Auckland up as a shining light is like saying the Warriors are the best and most well respected team in the NRL

Mikie

I had no idea your father was in hospital Mike and I genuinely hope that he fully recovers. He has served Harness Racing well in the past. HRNZ has 4 PR people and 5 IT people, do you not consider that excessive, what do they all do? THE website is superb and so it should be with its staff resource , but what on earth do 4 PR people do?

I'm not saying Greg's incompetent, the reverse in fact. But neither HRNZ or NZMTC have reviewed their staff numbers and the necessity or output of each position. How can they therefore increase staffing in this current financial climate

9 hours ago, Stables said:

I had no idea your father was in hospital Mike and I genuinely hope that he fully recovers. He has served Harness Racing well in the past. HRNZ has 4 PR people and 5 IT people, do you not consider that excessive, what do they all do? THE website is superb and so it should be with its staff resource , but what on earth do 4 PR people do?

OK, thank you for that

I believe that HRNZ don't have 4 PR people although I am not saying that isn't what their Website indicates. Darrin Williams, I think, is called "Communications & Marketing" but I doubt very much that he does any "Marketing" per se

Just another PC term that is used

Let's move on

Mikie

9 hours ago, Stables said:

I'm not saying Greg's incompetent, the reverse in fact. But neither HRNZ or NZMTC have reviewed their staff numbers and the necessity or output of each position. How can they therefore increase staffing in this current financial climate

I can't agree with you at all in respect of NZMTC. They have made redundancies. Now they need to have 1 additional person after being allocated 77 race days (which I guess will go down to 75 or less) in order to cope. I don't think that's unrealistic. What would happen at the moment if Brian Rabbit was sick on a Monday morning?

In respect of HRNZ they cannot be compared to the excesses at RITA for example. I had to work with them for a number of years and everyone I dealt with seemed to be gainfully employed. However what will happen now is that Holden will slash and burn without having a clue in the world what he is doing, or what anyone else does, then he will bugger off and leave a mess behind as he did at the Greyhounds. He was also not well regarded in the Class IV gambling industry. His modus operandi seems to be to ingratiate himself with Chairmen, get a well paid post, spend 2 or 3 days a week in the office, make everyone miserable, fire a few people., pad out his CV, then leave when he can pick up more governance positions that don't even require the 2 or 3 days a week

Mikie