RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Now it's Greg who's gone - when will the bleeding stop?

This is very sad.  Besides the trackside production teams and part time tote staff, I would like to know who else makes up the 230 staff who are to be made redundant.  I hope they are shedding middle management pen pushers as they are the ones that need to go.    The Whale, Greg & Mick were effectively the sales people for Harness Racing.  They are getting rid of the very people we need most to grow the industry.   

He wants to be thankful that he did not get the cut sooner. There are many out there who were in the industry that are no longer employed in the industry who should never have been made redundant. At 47 years old will be interesting to see where or if he reappears. 

I was just thinking the other when he came on  that he ain't gunna like being in the studio all day,seems I was right,Greg was good for the trots a shame he's not staying,last one out turn out the lights.

Yes I see that NZMTC have just released a job desciption that seems tailor made for O'Connor, I bet the salary package is pretty impressive too. No money to increase stakes, but plenty of money to seek additional employees. How can this happen when RITA and the TAB are shedding 100's of jobs to save the industry. 

8 hours ago, Stables said:

Yes I see that NZMTC have just released a job desciption that seems tailor made for O'Connor, I bet the salary package is pretty impressive too. No money to increase stakes, but plenty of money to seek additional employees. How can this happen when RITA and the TAB are shedding 100's of jobs to save the industry. 

Sure does....

https://www.addington.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/Addington-Raceway-Role-Racing-Industry-Manager-June-2020.pdf

13 hours ago, Stables said:

At least he is worth keeping unlike many at the top

On 6/5/2020 at 9:51 AM, Stables said:

Come on Stables. Surely the huge increase in the number of racedays at Addington is relevant?

Mikie