RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mooseman

Place 6 -- Thankyou T.A.B (-:

4 hours ago, mooseman said:

PLACE6

M13 WANGARATTA RACES (VIC) R4,5,6,7,8,9

R4  1, 3, 13

R5  2, 6, 10

R6  1, 7

R7  4, 9, 13

R8  2, 3, 10

R9  1, 9, 11

$24.30

TOTAL STAKE

MIN %5

You do realise that if you had struck that once you would have won $2.40

3 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

A terminating pool they must pay out, so on that occasion only could a % bet win the lot.

I would very much doubt that a 10 percent bet would scoop a pool,could the rest go onto those with 5

2 minutes ago, mikenz said:

You only get the whole pool if you bet 1 dollar unit is it correct though that pick 6 is 50 cents or are they just half units

If it is a terminating pick 6 and you have the only winning unit you will get the lot regardless of what % you have.

Just now, We're Doomed said:

If it is a terminating pick 6 and you have the only winning unit you will get the lot regardless of what % you have.

So in reality percentage bets could be good value if you get longshots winning

11 minutes ago, mikenz said:

I would very much doubt that a 10 percent bet would scoop a pool,could the rest go onto those with 5

Work your way through this Mike and scroll down to page 118 and you will see how it all works.

https://fobcms.tab.co.nz/sites/default/files/2020-03/BettingRules_Effective25March.pdf

54 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

The place six paid $48. If he had actually struck it wilth 80% he would have got 80% of a $1 unit, not 80% of the whole pool. So he would have won $38.40 for a $75 investment.

That divvy may have been different as I had 2 place twice but the reality is it still lost in the last

So for example with Mikey's fake bet...try and keep it simple for simple minds.

So he worked his way up to an 80% share by getting two horses in, in 3 legs, if he had have got two more in the last leg he would have got 160% ($1.60) worth of the final pool, so if no one else who bets with the New Zealand T.A.B. made it to the last leg he would scoop the pool (but only needed to get up to 100% or $1's worth to claim the $712 pool)

3 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Were doomed what do u say?

2 placegetters in each of the first three legs is 8 units, or 40% of a dollar unit.  Even if you did win $1.60 worth of a $48 divi it is still only $76, which is not a great return for a $75 bet.

3 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Yesty moosman won 153 bucks out of a pool of 769 5% or10% the rest goes on somewhere another day

Yes go to will pay's  yesterday (sandown)i was the only one live with those 3 horses, if earlier i had managed to get more horses in to multiplie my % i may well of got up to or over $1's (100%)  share which was the pool to me.!

The remainder of the pool unclaimed goes to a quaddie pool or circuit pool as i have asked T.A.B 

6 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Were doomed what do u say?

My advice Mike is that it is not a great bet and you are never going to win much. If you wanted to take it to give you some interest I would suggest 2 horses in each leg in 50c units which will cost you $32. A cheap enough interest on a saturday. You will never win money taking 5% shares of anything.

4 minutes ago, mooseman said:

5% of a $1,000,000 pool is not worth anything.

You are one Doomed fool..!! Go back to Guatemala Doctor Ropata!

Let me know when the place 6 gets to $1m moose and I will join in. I have just been trying to educate you both. To give Mike his credit he has been prepared to listen and learn in a civil fashion.

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

Let me know when the place 6 gets to $1m moose and I will join in. I have just been trying to educate you both. To give Mike his credit he has been prepared to listen and learn in a civil fashion.

No thanks you must work for winz....so clueless

Time will tell the true story about place6 but my first few chapters tell a very good story with the promise of more to come!!! Going back to the comp that sparked my interest and you might notice 2 things , firstly that the place6 result provided the MOST collects along with the biggest collects, secondly the result was not " black and white" win or lose but, win , lots of shades of grey , and lose.The shades of grey are what attract me as I have the chance with a reasonable amount of luck and a larger than normal number of selections to ,even on a " bad " day still get something back instead of losing the lot.As for the payouts they will be a % of the dividend NOT the pool and getting multiple shares of any percentage is the way to win ,and as I said earlier you can buy your way to success on this bet without betting against yourself as you would with a covering bet.

21 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Good night to you moose, you may delve on why no one else wishes to engage with you. Enjoy your night Mike.

Wonder if moose man will appear tonight just a query you can put me right,last night a pick 6 at auckland ok the pool was 12 and a half thousand or something I go the results I see the dividend 30000 who won what ,check the results yaself if you don't believe me.it must have been a percentage bet and I have noticed that unlike all other options that are a dollar unit pick 6 is 50 cents.