RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mooseman

Place 6 -- Thankyou T.A.B (-:

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

You chaps do realise that your return is the same if you spend $1 (or whatever the unit of betting is) and take one horse in each leg, as it is if you take multiple horses in each leg in 5% units and strike it 20 times? 

The return is not the same, both final payouts depend on the final pool being divided amongst ALL the winners.5% will be the max total for each successful combo on one hand ( and there could be heaps) whereas the 1 full combo will be just that.... 1 full winning unit.The competition I refer to shows that to best advantage where the winner got 108 shares of approx $200( imaginary of course) no single collect could ever match that total .I think this bet allows you to buy your way to profit by taking multiple runners and not betting against yourself or diluting the payout as you would normally if you " cover your bets"

I have a confession You know I never backed that but would have been knocked in the last ,that's the worst thing I will just pick just now and see how I go,the irony as I didn't back  it I won 75 bucks by not losing it,I did say before the first I will just pick and see how I go wasn't trying to bullshit ya

49 minutes ago, mikenz said:

I have a confession You know I never backed that but would have been knocked in the last ,that's the worst thing I will just pick just now and see how I go,the irony as I didn't back  it I won 75 bucks by not losing it,I did say before the first I will just pick and see how I go wasn't trying to bullshit ya

The irony is if you backed it the stars would have aligned and you would have won you blithering idiot...!!!!  Go pick someone else's brains and screw them over too....you are a weird fuck.!

15 minutes ago, mooseman said:

The irony is if you backed it the stars would have aligned and you would have won you blithering idiot...!!!!  Go pick someone else's brains and screw them over too....you are a weird fuck.!

Hey moosemsn don't get so shitty,I actually said I'd pick some before the first race 3 in each race and see how they would go,in the end it would not have won because the last race bummed out,judging by the will pays in going into the last I would have got less back than when I started that was all ,so just  understand that as I said at the start I pick some and see how they go,sorry 4 the misunderstanding 

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

The place six paid $48. If he had actually struck it wilth 80% he would have got 80% of a $1 unit, not 80% of the whole pool. So he would have won $38.40 for a $75 investment.

Kind of similar to the saturday picking comp on a saturday moose man has got me wrong on this one today

2 hours ago, Nukkledragga said:

The return is not the same, both final payouts depend on the final pool being divided amongst ALL the winners.5% will be the max total for each successful combo on one hand ( and there could be heaps) whereas the 1 full combo will be just that.... 1 full winning unit.The competition I refer to shows that to best advantage where the winner got 108 shares of approx $200( imaginary of course) no single collect could ever match that total .I think this bet allows you to buy your way to profit by taking multiple runners and not betting against yourself or diluting the payout as you would normally if you " cover your bets"

You are all getting very confused. If the total pool is $1,000 and it is struck with a single $1 unit that person will get $1,000. If it is struck by one person with a 5% unit that person would get  $50.

The result of that competition a few weeks ago is very misleading. It would have cost everyone $4,096 to take four horses in each leg. If only the competition winner that day had decided to spend over $4,000 on a place six and struck it 108 times the winning divi would probably have been about $50 per unit. 

What would have helped if in the third race  when the winner was 1 10 place price or something similar had any other selection come in or if the two others came in and the red hot one didn't,somedays are diamonds somedays are stones.

Just like all the other betting options it's hard to get your nose ahead so just 4 now I'm having a break and also due to some of the actions of rita just 4 now I'm staying off the betting but I will still have some picks non betting ones just 4 interest,I also find that with average wifi and no radio it's hard to get so engulfed in it like I once was

2 minutes ago, mikenz said:

What would have helped if in the third race  when the winner was 1 10 place price or something similar had any other selection come in or if the two others came in and the red hot one didn't,somedays are diamonds somedays are stones.

Be good to know how many units carry over leg to leg on individual  runners ...no show of getting that here :rcf-sad-1:

Last post here 4day another thing that some get confused is when a dividend of say 237000 is paid  or declared but as its won by someone with 10 percent they only get 23000,I don't know why they do that,

5 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Be good to know how many units carry over leg to leg on individual  runners ...no show of getting that here :rcf-sad-1:

Hey gruff do you know if there is anywhere on tab website when pick 6 is on after each race how many are left live,they say on tv but I've never found it on website.

2 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Hey gruff do you know if there is anywhere on tab website when pick 6 is on after each race how many are left live,they say on tv but I've never found it on website.

Our Tab :rcf-laughing-2: nah dont think so but could be wrong

6 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Last post here 4day another thing that some get confused is when a dividend of say 237000 is paid  or declared but as its won by someone with 10 percent they only get 23000,I don't know why they do that,

These days they don't do that for a pick six or place six. If there is $1,000 in the win pool and one winning 5% unit they will declare it as $1,000 and pay the 5% unit $50. The rest jackpots. So best not to get too excited with scooping the whole pool with a 5% unit. A terminating pool is different of course.

24 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

The place six paid $48. If he had actually struck it wilth 80% he would have got 80% of a $1 unit, not 80% of the whole pool. So he would have won $38.40 for a $75 investment.

He never bet, all that clowns comments are not creditable.

Im not talking other competitions. Place 6 as the T.A.B run it.

2 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

These days they don't do that for a pick six or place six. If there is $1,000 in the win pool and one winning 5% unit they will declare it as $1,000 and pay the 5% unit $50. The rest jackpots. So best not to get too excited with scooping the whole pool with a 5% unit. A terminating pool is different of course.

Well how would that work terminating you could win  10 percent but what happens to the rest

2 minutes ago, mooseman said:

He never bet, all that clowns comments are not creditable.

Im not talking other competitions. Place 6 as the T.A.B run it.

Settle down man,sorry for the misunderstanding.