RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mooseman

Place 6 -- Thankyou T.A.B (-:

A few weeks ago i sent out a request on this site to anyone at the T.A.B or anyone who could forward my wish and ask for more Place 6's to be included as a more frequent betting option on the OZ gallops as place 6 is one of mine and others favorite bets to take. Well my prayers have been answered - in the last couple week i have noticed Sunday & mid-week meetings have been included....and also just today (mon 01/06) all 3 gallop meetings have a magic place 6 on offer.!!!!..Yeha im in...are you!

So just a big thanks very much for listening Guys and Gals at the T.A.B., you've made me a happy customer in these trying/odd times Cheers.!:)

Thanks also to Race Cafe/Leigh and the team for making this happen Cheers.!:)

If you haven't yet had ago at Place 6 and arn't shore how to play it message me - happy to help with tips and a betting strategy.!:)

Cheers The Moose.

Best kept secret as far as punting goes. Since we did the comp where we took 4 runners per race and covered all  bet types with imaginary piles of cash , but that sample of punters showed that the place6 was the most profitable bet type for most punters including myself.Since then I have taken place6s at sydney and melb every sat with a starting bank of $200 which is now just shy of $700 following the scattergun multiple runners every leg small% approach that you suggest in another thread.That competition was what swayed me to have a go so I will add to the chorus singing the praises of place6

I'm a great Pick 6 Place fan. A group can have a lot of fun trying to out do each other.

I was told sometime ago the TAB don't like the option as it can tie up your money. This is the reason they never promote the option or start with a guarantee pool. Just imagine a starting pool $20000. You would still have your Trifectas etc running along side your Place 6.

Also if they think it's such a bad idea why did they release this type bet.

5 hours ago, Bestbetbazza said:

I think the idea is to attract a different style of punter and draw in a few new people but you are right it does need promotion to fully do that  

I enjoy taking them but sometimes the pools are quite small. 

On 6/1/2020 at 5:08 PM, Nukkledragga said:

Best kept secret as far as punting goes. Since we did the comp where we took 4 runners per race and covered all  bet types with imaginary piles of cash , but that sample of punters showed that the place6 was the most profitable bet type for most punters including myself.Since then I have taken place6s at sydney and melb every sat with a starting bank of $200 which is now just shy of $700 following the scattergun multiple runners every leg small% approach that you suggest in another thread.That competition was what swayed me to have a go so I will add to the chorus singing the praises of place6

Sounds like you are right on track Nukkles, keep at it and you will keep perfecting and tweaking things here and there.:)

My Aim is for the T.A.B to realize we are all place 6 mad and serious and would like to see the a 10-50k+ Bonus start pool thrown in now and again thanks:)

....its all about happy customers and promoting the T.A.B   = Win Win

5 hours ago, Bestbetbazza said:

I'm a great Pick 6 Place fan. A group can have a lot of fun trying to out do each other.

I was told sometime ago the TAB don't like the option as it can tie up your money. This is the reason they never promote the option or start with a guarantee pool. Just imagine a starting pool $20000. You would still have your Trifectas etc running along side your Place 6.

Yes who know's why it was introduced, but i love it and are running with it while its available and making some $$ off a fun bet:)

I also like to throw my last 4 legs picks in the final quaddie and treble (especially Melbourne massive pools) the amount of times you go close will surprise.!

Good luck BBBazza.! cheers moose.

2 minutes ago, mooseman said:

Dont matter pool size if you can work your way up to 100%, and you share a $300 pool with yourself:)

Moosey im a greedy punter, $300 doesnt spin my wheels, your crusade increases these to acceptable parameters im in , but people need to see Jumpouts/workouts/trials you name it , transparency is not just labours role :rcf-laughing-2:

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

Moosey im a greedy punter, $300 doesnt spin my wheels, your crusade increases these to acceptable parameters im in , but people need to see Jumpouts/workouts/trials you name it , transparency is not just labours role :rcf-laughing-2:

Mr Gruffaroooney my advise is not to punt a place 6, as you will be going nowhere, stay to ffwin or ffplace multi thankyou....geeeesss lol:D

34 minutes ago, mooseman said:

Sounds like you are right on track Nukkles, keep at it and you will keep perfecting and tweaking things here and there.:)

My Aim is for the T.A.B to realize we are all place 6 mad and serious and would like to see the a 10-50k+ Bonus start pool thrown in now and again thanks:)

....its all about happy customers and promoting the T.A.B   = Win Win

Early days for me but as I said the competition a month ago was my inspiration.What I noticed was that unlike other bets where you win or lose , the place6 was the biggest payout for most( also the biggest spend) but just about everyone collected something even though not winning and that is what appeals to me.I have taken it for 4 weeks and have collected 4 times  twice winning and twice slightly losing but overall pretty happy.I can lose or collect less than break even for a long time before I have to raid the piggy bank.

4 hours ago, mikenz said:

So if you pick 3 in each race and not all come in you wont get the full divvy as long as something places in every race?

So for a good chance for example 3 horses in every leg (3x3x3x3x3x3) will cost $73 for 10% start share or $37 for a 5% minimum start share.....and each time 2 or more hosres place in one race the % will x2 or x3 and so on. 

You need at least one horse to place in each leg to be alive for a pay out. (2 div pay = only 2 place getters)

10 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

Early days for me but as I said the competition a month ago was my inspiration.What I noticed was that unlike other bets where you win or lose , the place6 was the biggest payout for most( also the biggest spend) but just about everyone collected something even though not winning and that is what appeals to me.I have taken it for 4 weeks and have collected 4 times  twice winning and twice slightly losing but overall pretty happy.I can lose or collect less than break even for a long time before I have to raid the piggy bank.

Very good, yep if you are onto it you will have regular returns, the winter months my/ our biggest Nukkles.!!!;)

7 minutes ago, mooseman said:

So for a good chance for example 3 horses in every leg (3x3x3x3x3x3) will cost $73 for 10% start share or $37 for a 5% minimum start share.....and each time 2 or more hosres place in one race the % will x2 or x3 and so on. 

You need at least one horse to place in each leg to be alive for a pay out. (2 div pay = only 2 place getters)

Just looking back at the results from the comp where you picked 4 horses in each race, the winner of the comp (Paigezim) got the Place 6  108 times by getting this amount of runners in the money in each race .... 3 x 3 x 2 x 1 x 2 x 3

25 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Just looking back at the results from the comp where you picked 4 horses in each race, the winner of the comp (Paigezim) got the Place 6  108 times by getting this amount of runners in the money in each race .... 3 x 3 x 2 x 1 x 2 x 3

Just say if Paigezim took that exact combination...3 x 3 x 2 x 1 x 2 x 3  for a 5% min = $5.40 (540%) share of final pool. most would only have 5,10,20,40,80...% share so Paigezim claims most or all of pool.

by the way i was rat shit in your comp.....winter tracks now my fav, can only improve:)

3 hours ago, mikenz said:

Doomben have a pool of 352 ,wont get rich on that

Heres mine today....

Doomben                                                        Randwick                                                      Sandown

leg 1.  3,4        1st                                           leg 1.  3,10          3rd                                  leg 1.  4,5,8         3rd

leg 2.  4,7        1st                                           leg 2.  5,6            1st                                   leg 2.  1,7,8         1st

leg 3.  3,6         X                                            leg 3.  9,10           1st                                  leg 3.  4,7             2nd,3rd

leg 4.  1,11                                                      leg 4.  2,7,11          X                                  leg 4.  2,3,10        1st

leg 5.  3,11                                                      leg 5.  8,9,12                                               leg 5.  1,5,7           3rd

leg 6.  11,16,19                                              leg 6.  3,9,15                                               leg 6.  2,4,5           2nd,3rd

$9.60 = 10%                                                   $10.80 = 5%                                                $24.30 = 5%

$0 return                                                          $0 return                                                      $153.80 return  Total 20% final of payout...  

...$769 ($615.49 carry fwrd)