RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Everton

Why is Peter Earley obsessed with

Peter like thousands of others has lost his job  ,he has been excellent on radio Trackside and has been for years , good on you Pete .  Next month you can find something else to moan about , but like anyone who has lost their employment show Peter the compassion and respect that he deserves in these trying times. Cheers BH

Agreed BH, Pete's a legend.

- Aqua Mouse's Silver Collar (feat. Astro Teddy) "Ohhhh god I dont know"...

- Auck Cup... "How good are ya Denzil?"

- or even some silly ones like when he made the noise of a squirell as Nutty Squirell was winning.

Pete's been on the airwaves my entire living memory and will be missed.

Enjoy your retirement Mr Earley.

21 hours ago, Everton said:

For years now have noticed that he is obsessed with getting the dogs into the starting boxes, he is forever banging on about it, telling the starter to hurry up etc.

18 hours ago, Lowdown said:

Yeh it's one of his funny habits.. "C'mon Danny, let's get them up and get them in". I'm not sure what his hurry is.

Good on ya Peter for looking out for the NZ industry. He obviosuly understands responsibilities with overseas broadcasting.

You do realise that Sky Racing  has no tolerance for dogs running late or overtime during a busy daytime schedule with gallops running. So NZ dog's vision will either get bumped or not broadcast at all. There really is no excuse for the dog code running over time at the boxes barring a plane overhead at Manukau. Cambridge has a terrible record of running late or idly standing at the boxes.

10 hours ago, Flabbergasted said:

Clubs have little control over when races start as it's the RIU stewards who give the ok to the starter when to box.

At Manukau the Judge & sometimes the lure-driver tells the starter when to box.

At Cambridge they are told when to box by a set of lights which is controlled by the judge. (Red for the 1minute call & Orange for when to load)

Give Peter Earley a break

I think it is great when gets them to hurry up, I haven't got time to muck around all day waiting for a race to start when I have a bet on

It is not hard to start a dog race on time

Racing is now a Roulette wheel, get them running so we can run the next draw

Most of the dogs running are cheats, so, it is a numbers game, they get touched and they are going backwards at great knots, half the runners cant keep a straight line

80/20 rule, 

On 6/10/2020 at 10:17 AM, Gary Sharp said:

At Manukau the Judge & sometimes the lure-driver tells the starter when to box.

At Cambridge they are told when to box by a set of lights which is controlled by the judge. (Red for the 1minute call & Orange for when to load)

Who do you think gives them the directive when to tell this to the starter ?

Very disappointing Peter Early has been pushed to the scrap heap, to be quite honest the dogs have literally "gone to the dogs"

Ive never seen so many cheats racing, how could dogs like Homebush sosan not get put out for not chasing yesterday at addington

16 hours ago, eljay said:

You guys will miss Pete.    

Yes he will be missed, despite his idiosyncrasies he is the voice of greyhounds in the North, and you do wonder why experience is replaced by novices in respect to greyhound knowledge.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:42 PM, Gary Sharp said:

From what I hear it's going to be 2 guys that don't like the greyhounds. Aaron & George.

Absolute insult to greyhound racing , if Peter Early tips you a dog you invariably get on , if anyone else does you won't be backing it will you 

That is a shame. He has been a great advocate for racing. His programmes on trackside radio were extremely popular and he actively promoted all 3 codes. He will be very hard to replace. Hopefully attitudes may change and it won't be too long before we hear him on the airwaves again